Poet melting down (again)

I find it interesting how many liberals on this site will defend Poet's most heinous remarks. For example, I haven't heard anyone on the left condemn his remark about wanting to smack a woman across the face. On the contrary, they will ignore it altogether, and then accuse conservatives of "picking on Poet," as though a 60-year-old man is not capable of defending himself. No other lefty receives this special treatment. I wonder why that is the case?

Poet is clearly a very troubled individual. Unfortunately, rather than attempt to encourage him to be a better person, many of our resident liberals go out of their way to defend his poor behavior.

I, too, have anger issues sometimes. The difference is that I do not hate people based on their beliefs. I actually don't hate anyone. I get along perfectly well with Dune, Don, Mott, and many other liberals.

More like, you hang on their every word. You add someone to your "ignore list" every day, only to respond to one of their posts within a 24 hour period. What are we supposed to make of that?

Bullshit. I had a huge back and forth with him when he first said it. He defriended me for it actually.

But it was months ago. It's time to stop talking about it now.

Bullshit. I had a huge back and forth with him when he first said it. He defriended me for it actually.

But it was months ago. It's time to stop talking about it now.

In his own words, liberals get a free pass.

But you basically proved my point when you say that he defriended you over it.

BTW Voltaire every day USF comes on here and makes sexist and sexually degrading posts about women here.

I haven't seen you say boo.

So you know, clean up your own backyard before getting on that high horse.

Isn't that a cop out? I have the trolls on ignore and Webb (who may be a troll too, but mainly because he is a racist piece of shit). The point of a board is to discuss. Not just with those who share your views, but with all parties. We can't change the fact that poet is a misogynist asshole, but that doesn't mean we should ignore him or refuse to talk to him. Who knows, maybe one day he will let go of his anger and hate and actually become a civilized adult. But that won't happen if everyone puts him on ignore.

Funny but every time I've ever complained about someone's posts, other people always told me to put that person on ignore. Examples are Webway and the two skanks. Some issues just aren't up for discussion, such as personal info or sexual insults. The people I'm criticizing don't take Poet's posts and agree with or refute them, like you they immediately fall back on "poet's a racist, misogynist, hater, asshole etc., and this has been happening from day one. This entire thread was a gang bang starting with the title, and there are already more than 100 posts on it. Who exactly has taken the higher road here?

What does this mean? You were complaining that no liberals said anything about his Brewer comments. I am telling you that you are wrong.

You come back with this bs.

Just say, oh ok I didn't see that, my bad and then move on.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your comment.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention, and for being consistent.

BTW Voltaire every day USF comes on here and makes sexist and sexually degrading posts about women here.

I haven't seen you say boo.

So you know, clean up your own backyard before getting on that high horse.

I haven't seen them. Obviously, that's not appropriate at all. But does that make Poet's behavior any more acceptable?

I find it interesting how many liberals on this site will defend Poet's most heinous remarks. For example, I haven't heard anyone on the left condemn his remark about wanting to smack a woman across the face. On the contrary, they will ignore it altogether, and then accuse conservatives of "picking on Poet," as though a 60-year-old man is not capable of defending himself. No other lefty receives this special treatment. I wonder why that is the case?

Poet is clearly a very troubled individual. Unfortunately, rather than attempt to encourage him to be a better person, many of our resident liberals go out of their way to defend his poor behavior.

I, too, have anger issues sometimes. The difference is that I do not hate people based on their beliefs. I actually don't hate anyone. I get along perfectly well with Dune, Don, Mott, and many other liberals. Dune and I have even had sharp disagreements...but at the end of the day, we respect each other. That is impossible with Poet. In Poet's little world, anyone who disagrees with him and just go fuck themselves.

More like, you hang on their every word. You add someone to your "ignore list" every day, only to respond to one of their posts within a 24 hour period. What are we supposed to make of that?

So you think Poet's hypothetical about smacking Brewer across the face shows he's a very trouble individual? I could spam the board with posts by some conservatives (they know who they are) using the most vulgar and vicious sexual and violent terminology I ever read. Liberals like Darla, Rana and I are very familiar with that tactic and it was personal, not political.

That you and others can actually write such bilge as "encourage him to be a better person" is the height of arrogance.

I haven't seen them. Obviously, that's not appropriate at all. But does that make Poet's behavior any more acceptable?

No. But the point is, whatever problems I have with some of the stuff Poet posts, and I do have problems with some of it, the fact is that you have free in here every day saying something directly to women. Not about them, to them. And not a word. So while Free is busy posting about my vagina, and no one says shit, how seriously am I supposed to take the newfound Con outrage over misogyny? Sorry, but you guys don't have much credibility on it. And it's not directed at you, it's about all of you who keep caterwauling over poet's misogyny. I just don't have any interest in it. If I see him say something that really bothers me, I'll say something. I have before. I don't need a bunch of conservative men putting on their cyber "ERA or bust" shirts everytime poet posts...funny they never seem to be wearing them when Free posts.

Funny but every time I've ever complained about someone's posts, other people always told me to put that person on ignore. Examples are Webway and the two skanks. Some issues just aren't up for discussion, such as personal info or sexual insults. The people I'm criticizing don't take Poet's posts and agree with or refute them, like you they immediately fall back on "poet's a racist, misogynist, hater, asshole etc., and this has been happening from day one. This entire thread was a gang bang starting with the title, and there are already more than 100 posts on it. Who exactly has taken the higher road here?

From day one, poet has been on here telling anyone who disagreed with him that they are racist/homophobic etc... I am more than willing to discuss any issue with him. But as others have stated, he doesn't care to debate anything. I don't immediately fall back on those things as you proclaim. Though I do mock poet for doing so.

No. But the point is, whatever problems I have with some of the stuff Poet posts, and I do have problems with some of it, the fact is that you have free in here every day saying something directly to women. Not about them, to them. And not a word. So while Free is busy posting about my vagina, and no one says shit, how seriously am I supposed to take the newfound Con outrage over misogyny? Sorry, but you guys don't have much credibility on it. And it's not directed at you, it's about all of you who keep caterwauling over poet's misogyny. I just don't have any interest in it. If I see him say something that really bothers me, I'll say something. I have before. I don't need a bunch of conservative men putting on their cyber "ERA or bust" shirts everytime poet posts...funny they never seem to be wearing them when Free posts.

yeah, because none of us have ever called out anyone but poet for their crap. Not ever. Right?

Funny how you selectively remember what you want.

Also... if you need us men to protect you lil women from US, just say so. ;)

yeah, because none of us have ever called out anyone but poet for their crap. Not ever. Right?

Funny how you selectively remember what you want.

Also... if you need us men to protect you lil women from US, just say so. ;)

No you have. But let's face it SF, you call poet out every single day, and expect liberals to do it also. You are pretty much the only con who has ever said anything to FRee, and it's rare that you do it. I'm not asking you to do it, and no I don't need your protection from him. I'm just pointing out that if you guys on the con side want credibility over your misogyny concerns - apply that concern across the board. Otherwise it just looks like opportunism.

Also, let's face it, this board can't function if we all start screeching every time someone posts something racist or sexist. Assholes are gonna be assholes. It's an asshole thing.

I would love to see more political debate and talk, and less personal stuff.

So you think Poet's hypothetical about smacking Brewer across the face shows he's a very trouble individual? I could spam the board with posts by some conservatives (they know who they are) using the most vulgar and vicious sexual and violent terminology I ever read. Liberals like Darla, Rana and I are very familiar with that tactic and it was personal, not political.

That you and others can actually write such bilge as "encourage him to be a better person" is the height of arrogance.

I think many aspects of Poet's behavior demonstrate that he is a troubled person. The remarks about Brewer are merely the tip of the iceberg.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

No you have. But let's face it SF, you call poet out every single day, and expect liberals to do it also. You are pretty much the only con who has ever said anything to FRee, and it's rare that you do it. I'm not asking you to do it, and no I don't need your protection from him. I'm just pointing out that if you guys on the con side want credibility over your misogyny concerns - apply that concern across the board. Otherwise it just looks like opportunism.

take a very careful look at poet Darla. Where do I call him out? Do you think it might just be in threads where he runs around calling everyone racist/homophobic/bigoted/cretins?

You and many other liberals continually complain about people 'picking on poet', yet you ignore the fact that 99% of the time, he is the one that initiates the bullshit... and yes, I agree it is bullshit. Yes, I do it to him. Yes, it is usually in response to his nonsense. Yes, it is a bit childish on my part. But that doesn't change the fact that you, Rana, Christie tend to ignore the bullshit he espouses on a daily basis (and I am not talking about his 'I want to smack that woman' comments... I am talking the 'you a racist' bullshit he tosses out consistently).

Also, let's face it, this board can't function if we all start screeching every time someone posts something racist or sexist. Assholes are gonna be assholes. It's an asshole thing.

I would love to see more political debate and talk, and less personal stuff.

On that, I agree.

From day one, poet has been on here telling anyone who disagreed with him that they are racist/homophobic etc... I am more than willing to discuss any issue with him. But as others have stated, he doesn't care to debate anything. I don't immediately fall back on those things as you proclaim. Though I do mock poet for doing so.

Here's just a small sample of threads mocking Poet, the ones I found quickly. Why would anybody want to debate people who do this? Sure we all disagree about topics but people here put Poet in a class of his own as far as being criticized, starting threads and polls mocking him.

Poet melting down (again)
Did someone say they were leaving?
Poll: Will Poet leave or stay?
Poet exposed
Poet Pwned by most of the posters on this board
Philip Levine - new poet laureate
Poet and his ignore threat

take a very careful look at poet Darla. Where do I call him out? Do you think it might just be in threads where he runs around calling everyone racist/homophobic/bigoted/cretins?

You and many other liberals continually complain about people 'picking on poet', yet you ignore the fact that 99% of the time, he is the one that initiates the bullshit... and yes, I agree it is bullshit. Yes, I do it to him. Yes, it is usually in response to his nonsense. Yes, it is a bit childish on my part. But that doesn't change the fact that you, Rana, Christie tend to ignore the bullshit he espouses on a daily basis (and I am not talking about his 'I want to smack that woman' comments... I am talking the 'you a racist' bullshit he tosses out consistently).

I do ignore much of what he posts, just as I ignore much of what USF posts. I really hate the vicious back and forth and have gotten only more tired of it as time has gone on. Seriously, why do people have to be so mean in the first place?

A good example here, IMO, is STY. Now, I think STY is kinda a crackpot politically. Some of the stuff he posts is outrageous. But I don't dislike him. Why not? Because he doesn't get personal, and he's really not too much of an asshole about it.

Isn't that a cop out? I have the trolls on ignore and Webb (who may be a troll too, but mainly because he is a racist piece of shit). The point of a board is to discuss. Not just with those who share your views, but with all parties. We can't change the fact that poet is a misogynist asshole, but that doesn't mean we should ignore him or refuse to talk to him. Who knows, maybe one day he will let go of his anger and hate and actually become a civilized adult. But that won't happen if everyone puts him on ignore.

Excuse me? A misogynist asshole??? Because your lord and master, USF, said so? Haven't you your own mind? But no, you follow like sheep the bully, who is a misogynist himself. Hypocrisy. Let go of my anger???? LOL. Folks are not going to stop being stupid and retarded, so why should I let go of the one thing that is in direct correlation?

Back