Questions that Wingnut Presidential Candidates need to Answer

I'm calling BS.

No male on this board, is going to put his career and his family on hold, to carry and give birth to some random embryo from a fertility clinic.

:bs:

I'm calling BS.

No male on this board, is going to put his career and his family on hold, to carry and give birth to some random embryo from a fertility clinic.

:bs:

1) We are not talking about random embryos

2) We are not talking about embryos fertilized at a fertility clinic

3) You are the king of strawmen.

Then they need to develop a method of removing and reimplanting it in ohter people and then Like Darla said we will see who is really"pro fetus".

Yet another example of the retard using left wingnut talking points. Hey, lets call the human life by a stage in its development. That will dehumanize it so we don't feel as guilty.

Desh you are still the ultimate retard on the board. Congrats!

1) We are not talking about random embryos

2) We are not talking about embryos fertilized at a fertility clinic

3) You are the king of strawmen.

You said those blastocysts in the fertility clinic's petri dishes were "human beings".

In order to save these precious human being from being diposed of, or used in stem cell research, would you volunteer your body (assuming we had the medical technology) to host and give birth to one of these precious human lives?

No you wouldn't - right?

Then they need to develop a method of removing and reimplanting it in ohter people and then Like Darla said we will see who is really"pro fetus".
That has always been my position...

Although I believe that they should be removed and we should attempt to incubate ex-utero so that in the future women would have actual real choices.

Lady T.....

Would I do so if it were my child... yes. I believe in personal responsibility for my actions. I believe we choose whether or not to have sex. We choose whether or not to use protection. If the results of my actions are a child and the woman decides to abort my child... without question, if the technology were available to do so, I would carry the child.

I would not likely do so if it was not my child.

Lady T.....

Would I do so if it were my child... yes. I believe in personal responsibility for my actions. I believe we choose whether or not to have sex. We choose whether or not to use protection. If the results of my actions are a child and the woman decides to abort my child... without question, if the technology were available to do so, I would carry the child.

You'd be comfortable with all those children dying knowing you could do something to save them?

"You said those blastocysts in the fertility clinic's petri dishes were "human beings".

No King of Strawmen.... I said quite clearly....

"1) If the embryo is not implanted within a womans womb, then it cannot be growing or developing... in short, it cannot be alive... now can it? The "potential" to become alive does not count."

But nice try at yet another attempt to make it appear my argument is one thing, when quite clearly it is not.

Read.... comprehend... you will get further in life if you can master this simple little feat.

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/174817

Here is an actual "life" issue.

If anyone is interested.

The culture of life, the culture of life. It's such a joy to live in a country that respects the culture of life.

I cry when I read this stories.

I don't give a flying fuck about a 3 week old clump of cells.

That's how it is.

Lady T.....

thanks this is a reasonable and honest answer. And I venture to say that this would be the same answer for 99.99999% of anti-abortion men: those who pound their fists on the table, and proclaim that excess blastocyts in a fertility clinic that are destined for disposal, are in fact "human beings".

But, evidently the belief that these blastocysts are "human beings" in need of rescue, is pretty shallow amongst these table-pounders.

:rolleyes:

You'd be comfortable with all those children dying knowing you could do something to save them?

Would I be comfortable? No. But I assumed you wanted an honest answer. While I think it is wrong... I would not, as I said, take responsibility for someone else's actions and choices.

Could I have said, "yes, yes, I will take them all and raise them all"? Sure. But I figured ya probably wouldn't care too much for my blowing smoke up your ass.:rolleyes:

thanks this is a reasonable and honest answer. And I venture to say that this would be the same answer for 99.99999% of anti-abortion men: those who pound their fists on the table, and proclaim that excess blastocyts in a fertility clinic that are destined for disposal, are in fact "human beings".

But, evidently the belief that these blastocysts are "human beings" in need of rescue, is pretty shallow amongst these table-pounders.

:rolleyes:

and again, here comes the strawman. a fertilized egg that implants itself and begins to grow and develop is most certainly a human being. A fertilized egg in a petri dish is NOT ALIVE. Now is it?

You can call them blastocysts all you want, call them fetus while you are at it. Genetically it will NOT change the fact that they are a unique human life. Or do you really believe in the magic baby fairy that comes along and "turns" your "blastocyst" into a real live human?

and again, here comes the strawman. a fertilized egg that implants itself and begins to grow and develop is most certainly a human being. A fertilized egg in a petri dish is NOT ALIVE. Now is it?

Yes. Its alive. If it were dead invitro (sp?) fertilization would be impossible.

Your right it takes a human body to do it and the owner of that human body gets to decide what happens

It is alive, however.. Is it a person? There is a difference.

LadyT is correct, were it dead it could not be successfully implanted into a uterus for incubation.

You can call them blastocysts all you want, call them fetus while you are at it. Genetically it will NOT change the fact that they are a unique human life. Or do you really believe in the magic baby fairy that comes along and "turns" your "blastocyst" into a real live human?

I see: an embryo implanted in a uterus is a "human being", but an embryo from a fertility clinic that has not yet been implanted is not a "human being".

SF: the logic of your anti-abortion movement is all over the place. I've been assured by many TheoCons that, indeed, those embryos in the fertility clinic are human beings. Even Damo thinks that, I belive. I know Dixie did. Most TheoCons think that the moment of conception is the begining of a human life. You guys are all over the map on this. It appears that you DO agree that the defintion of when a human life starts is open to interpretation, and not clear cut.

Back