Reality check for TOP GUN fans.

Don't count on it.
Especially against advanced adversaries.
Apparently, it is not difficult to jam a drone signal.
Or jam their GPS receivers.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/y2YgWwSgM8k/maxresdefault.jpg

Plus, an EMP pulse can bring them down as well.

https://www.china-arms.com/2021/09/china-emp-weapon-destroy-large-drone/

I doubt we will see drones, attacking en mass against anything but mid-lower technology countries in the future.

Technical issues always have technical solutions. It's happening.

Technical issues always have technical solutions. It's happening.

Fine.

When you can provide a link to a viable source that shows that it is impossible to jam a radio signal?
Even in theory?
Then I might begin to believe.

Until then?

If our Air Force is planning to use drones as a primary means of aerial attack, against advanced militaries (like Russia or China)?
They are fools, IMO.

Fine.

When you can provide a link to a viable source that shows that it is impossible to jam a radio signal?
Even in theory?
Then I might begin to believe.

Until then?

If our Air Force is planning to use drones as a primary means of aerial attack, against advanced militaries (like Russia or China)?
They are fools, IMO.

You've forgotten to consider autonomous AI.

Sure, radio signals can be jammed.

Do you understand that when you jam signals, you often end up jamming yourself? LOL

Do you really think that if WWIII starts, it would be with drone bombers and not MIRVs?

CostlyGregariousIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

You've forgotten to consider autonomous AI.

Sure, radio signals can be jammed.

Autonomous bombers are only good against fixed targets.
They cannot hit moving ones - which is far and away most of the targets that most bombers strike in 2022.

Plus, if you jam their GPS?
They probably cannot be mega-accurate.
So now you are only talking about large, stationary targets.

Do you understand that when you jam signals, you often end up jamming yourself? LOL

You just turn off your jammers once the enemy's aircraft/drone are neutralized.

Do you really think that if WWIII starts, it would be with drone bombers and not MIRVs?

You are moving the goalposts now.
You originally said:

'While drones will come to dominated strike aircraft,'

'Strike' aircraft are tactical...not strategic.
And NO ONE is talking about using a drone to drop an A-bomb.

I see no way that drone strike aircraft can be counted on against high-tech adversaries on a massive, sustained basis.

And until I see a link to the contrary - that is what I will continue to believe.

That is my point.

And you have posted no link to the contrary.

Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
IT'S TO POINT OUT HOW ONCE AGAIN RACIST GITS LIKE YOU WANT TO DENY SIMPLE HISTORY WHEN BLACK FOLK ACHIEVE IN THIS COUNTRY. NOTHING "MITIGATES" THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF WHITE PILOTS. THAT IS YOUR RACIST EGO INTERPRETATION. THE OP MERELY JUST GIVES CREDIT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT WHERE NONE WAS GIVEN, AND THEREBY EDUCATING FOLK WHO WEREN'T AWARE OF THIS.
Sweet Mother of God, you're stupid.

I defy you to find a single post of mine in which I denied anything about what blacks have achieved in this country, nor have I ever taken the position that which blacks have accomplished ever threatened to mitigate anything. You can't do it, and you can't do it because I've never done it, idiot...

Post #47, 42, & 34, folks.

I done this dance with deluded lunkhead already....he keeps blabbing away and then denies the content of his drivel. His attempts to portray the OP as an incorrect comparison has been addressed time and again....he just doesn't like the fact that he can't pass of his opinion as fact. So he just glides down the street of insipid stubbornness. If it's such a non-issue, then why waste all this time and effort to disprove a historical FACT laid out simply in the OP?

Street Glider: Another silly assed bigot with delusions of intellectually hiding his bigotry. Let's watch him now get the "last word" with a repetitive lie about the chronology of the posts coupled with a the usual attempted insults.

Autonomous bombers are only good against fixed targets.
They cannot hit moving ones - which is far and away most of the targets that most bombers strike in 2022.....

Awesome. So where did you gain your vast knowledge of military strategy and UAS's into the future?

Awesome. So where did you gain your vast knowledge of military strategy and UAS's into the future?

Reading.

Now since you seem - as per usual - like you just want to aimlessly argue and are willing to post nothing as proof of your point?

And clearly have too big of an ego to admit when you might be wrong/not entirely correct?

And that kind of discussion bores me?

We are done here.

Bye now, old man.

Last edited:
Reading.

Now since you seem - as per usual - like you just want to aimlessly argue and are willing to post nothing as proof of your point?

And clearly have too big of an ego to admit when you might be wrong/not entirely correct?

And that kind of discussion bores me?

We are done here.

Bye now, old man.
Why do you care? You claim to know it all, kid.

I done this dance with deluded lunkhead already....he keeps blabbing away and then denies the content of his drivel. His attempts to portray the OP as an incorrect comparison has been addressed time and again....he just doesn't like the fact that he can't pass of his opinion as fact. So he just glides down the street of insipid stubbornness. If it's such a non-issue, then why waste all this time and effort to disprove a historical FACT laid out simply in the OP?

Street Glider: Another silly assed bigot with delusions of intellectually hiding his bigotry. Let's watch him now get the "last word" with a repetitive lie about the chronology of the posts coupled with a the usual attempted insults.

My apologies. I didn't know you were mentally retarded.

What I've done, and which you're obviously too goddamn stupid to comprehend, is acknowledge the accomplishments of black pilots. What I've not done, however, has referred to them as "Top Gun" pilots.

You know why, retard? Because they weren't Top Gun pilots, that's why.

You just hate facts, though.

I acknowledged the historical FACT laid out simply in the OP. Unlike you, however, I've not embellished on the fact with meaningless opinions as you have done...

Here's some additional stuff on the 332nd FG during WW 2...

They scored 110 aerial victories, placing 10th among fighter groups in the MTO. The top groups, like the 31st flew Spitfires when they got most of their kills.

They didn't have any outstanding aces either. None of those that did score 5 or more kills, broke into the top 20. The 31st, again, led with 27 aces among their pilots and the top scorer in the MTO, Capt. John Voll with 21 kills.

The 332nd was also the only fighter group with 4 squadrons in 15th Air Force, and only one of two in the MTO to have 4 squadrons. The other unit was the 350th FG that had the Brazilian 1 Gruppo de Caca attached in 12th AF, XXII TAC.

On the whole, the 332nd performed their missions adequately and professionally but there was nothing outstanding in their performance.

Here's some additional stuff on the 332nd FG during WW 2...

They scored 110 aerial victories, placing 10th among fighter groups in the MTO. The top groups, like the 31st flew Spitfires when they got most of their kills.

They didn't have any outstanding aces either. None of those that did score 5 or more kills, broke into the top 20. The 31st, again, led with 27 aces among their pilots and the top scorer in the MTO, Capt. John Voll with 21 kills.

The 332nd was also the only fighter group with 4 squadrons in 15th Air Force, and only one of two in the MTO to have 4 squadrons. The other unit was the 350th FG that had the Brazilian 1 Gruppo de Caca attached in 12th AF, XXII TAC.

On the whole, the 332nd performed their missions adequately and professionally but there was nothing outstanding in their performance.

So...you felt the need to type an entire post?

About the first, all-'black' Fighter Group and their exploits during a war that ended over 75 years ago?

And emphasizing how this Fighter Group were 'nothing outstanding'?

Interesting.

About the first, all-'black' Fighter Group and their exploits during a war that ended over 75 years ago?
Interesting.

It's important to keep history factual and accurate.

Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
Interesting.

It's important to keep history factual and accurate.

It's also important to show how subliminal prejudice is so ingrained in many Americans....as you did here of which McRocket points out.

Like it or not, it's a historical FACT that the progenitors of Top Gun fighter pilots were black Americans...and this fact was down played for decades, and still relatively unknown to the general public. You can't down play it's significance no more than the military could after all those years.

Deal with it. (yeah, I'm back!)

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

My apologies. I didn't know you were mentally retarded.

What I've done, and which you're obviously too goddamn stupid to comprehend, is acknowledge the accomplishments of black pilots. What I've not done, however, has referred to them as "Top Gun" pilots.

You know why, retard? Because they weren't Top Gun pilots, that's why.

You just hate facts, though.

I acknowledged the historical FACT laid out simply in the OP. Unlike you, however, I've not embellished on the fact with meaningless opinions as you have done...

I'm baaaack!

Nice to see you did EXACTLY as I predicted....rehash the SOS I dismantled previously as shown above.

Say goodnight, Gracie!

It's also important to show how subliminal prejudice is so ingrained in many Americans....as you did here of which McRocket points out.

Like it or not, it's a historical FACT that the progenitors of Top Gun fighter pilots were black Americans...and this fact was down played for decades, and still relatively unknown to the general public. You can't down play it's significance no more than the military could after all those years.

Deal with it. (yeah, I'm back!)
How so? Why not Eddie Rickenbacker and the other pilots of the Lafayette Espadrille?

Why are you making this about race instead of pilots?

How so? Why not Eddie Rickenbacker and the other pilots of the Lafayette Espadrille?

Why are you making this about race instead of pilots?

We're talking about the CONTESTS THAT WERE OFFICIALLY HELD, DUTCH. You can read, you read the OP and subsequent posts. Stop acting stupid for the sake of stubbornness.

I didn't make this out to be about race, the freaking military did WHEN IT DENIED OFFICIAL ACKNOWLEDGMENT FOR SEVERAL DECADES.

You didn't know this, I didn't know this, and a whole lotta folk didn't. They do now. Deal with it.

Zellie clearly doesn't know the difference between a school and a competition. She's not a pilot either, which explains why she's confused.

After the 1986 Hollywood release “Top Gun,” there has been a wide misconception that this country’s first Top Gun Program was developed by the Navy in the 1980’s, competing in F-14 Tomcats. Again, not the case. In fact, the military’s first “Top Gun” gunnery meet originated decades before and was established by the newly formed Unites States Air Force. What is also virtually unknown, is that former Tuskegee Airmen, competing in their P-47N Thunderbolts, would go on to win the USAF very “First Top Gun” Weapons Meet (also known as “William Tell” and “Gunsmoke”) at what would later become Nellis AFB. Note also that these pilots gave accolades go to their Maintenance Personnel, because without them the missions could not have been flown with success. They were the Best in the USAF. Col Harvey, said, “a special thank you is extended to my aircraft crew chief (then Staff Sergeant) Buford Johnson.”

Back