Reality check on electric cars

Of course not! You get out your camping gear and solar panels and recharge the car over several days by the side of the road you silly fool! :palm:

...and if you forgot your solar panel and camping gear? Is AAA going to bring that to you? Oh...and all the food and drink you need as well? :D

Wait...hasn't that Grub Hub driver been driving all day in HIS electric car? He's probably busy charging it!

Nah... He's got a medical disability and spends most of his day smoking medical marijuana. The Grub Hub job is just so he can claim he's employed while Grub Hub can claim the hire the differently abled. This would be like his second delivery. Besides, if his car runs out of charge next to yours, you can share your tent with him because that's only fair in a world where there are infinite genders!

So...you expect AAA to come with a bucket of electricity?? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your need to be a moron knows no depths. Last time I used AAA my radiator had split and you know what the AAA guy didn't have a radiator he winched the Jeep up on a flatbed trailer. You are literally the dumbest inbred on the entire planet.

Nah... He's got a medical disability and spends most of his day smoking medical marijuana. The Grub Hub job is just so he can claim he's employed while Grub Hub can claim the hire the differently abled. This would be like his second delivery. Besides, if his car runs out of charge next to yours, you can share your tent with him because that's only fair in a world where there are infinite genders!

:laugh:

Your need to be a moron knows no depths. Last time I used AAA my radiator had split and you know what the AAA guy didn't have a radiator he winched the Jeep up on a flatbed trailer. You are literally the dumbest inbred on the entire planet.

Electric cars don't have a radiator! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Forty years ago there were no cell phone towers.

That appears to have been addressed.

The internal combustion engine automobile has given us over 130 years of service.
It did its job, and for the most part, did it very well.

I'm not super adept at driving a horse drawn carriage.
The next generation needn't know how to drive and maintain a gasoline motorcar.
It's simply time to move on.

Well, there is that.

Also the base model cell phone is very cheap now compared to when they first arrived on the scene.

Still, I didn't follow completely all of the math in the OP's first post but it is an interesting concept--"How will electric vehicles affect the standard consumer power grid?" I don't think anyone has thought about this too hard or if they did, I haven't heard about it. On the other hand...air fryers are all the rage right now as are/were home theater systems, and home gaming consoles. Its not unusual to have 2 to 3 computers in a household; 3-4 cell phones charging, microwave ovens, air conditioners, electric ranges, dishwashers, etc... And this is a pretty standard set-up. Let alone houses that have massive outdoor lighting, elaborate patio set ups--usually with fans and flat screen TVs...electric lawn sprinkler systems, security systems...

The grid seems to have handled all of this excess just fine. So I don't see, exactly how a car charger will put us over the top.

Maybe it will; maybe it won't. But the grid will adjust.

Well, there is that.

Also the base model cell phone is very cheap now compared to when they first arrived on the scene.

Still, I didn't follow completely all of the math in the OP's first post but it is an interesting concept--"How will electric vehicles affect the standard consumer power grid?" I don't think anyone has thought about this too hard or if they did, I haven't heard about it. On the other hand...air fryers are all the rage right now as are/were home theater systems, and home gaming consoles. Its not unusual to have 2 to 3 computers in a household; 3-4 cell phones charging, microwave ovens, air conditioners, electric ranges, dishwashers, etc... And this is a pretty standard set-up. Let alone houses that have massive outdoor lighting, elaborate patio set ups--usually with fans and flat screen TVs...electric lawn sprinkler systems, security systems...

The grid seems to have handled all of this excess just fine. So I don't see, exactly how a car charger will put us over the top.

As I'll be comfortably in my urn by the time that they get it sorted out, I'll let the generation that has to deal with it decide what to do!

Electric cars don't have a radiator! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Actually, they do have a radiator...

This is because the batteries have to be kept within a very specific temperature range for efficiency and to keep them from possibly rupturing and burning. The cooling system is far more complex than on an ICE car for that reason.

maxresdefault.jpg

The sky blue is the battery coolant. It is glycol only.

Actually, they do have a radiator...

This is because the batteries have to be kept within a very specific temperature range for efficiency and to keep them from possibly rupturing and burning. The cooling system is far more complex than on an ICE car for that reason.

maxresdefault.jpg

The sky blue is the battery coolant. It is glycol only.

This radiator is primarily for the air condition system for the cabin. It also happens to run battery coolant through it. That's the small green portion on a separate circuit.
For cars without air conditioning, the batteries are simply air cooled. For hybrids, the batteries are usually just air cooled.

No, it is not more complex.

Well, there is that.

The electrical grid adjusts every second of every day. It has no storage of electricity.

With every electric stove that begins cooking, with every light switch, ANYTHING, the power generating stations must adapt to the changing load.

That is what the governors on these generators are for. They act to keep the generator on frequency and on phase with he rest of the grid. Additional load (uncorrected) will cause the generator to slow down. Reducing load (uncorrected) will cause the generator to speed up.

A single car charger won't make much difference. The electrical grid can easily adjust.
A LOT of car chargers, not so easy. Such may exceed the total generating capacity when combined with existing high load periods.

The electrical grid adjusts every second of every day. It has no storage of electricity.

With every electric stove that begins cooking, with every light switch, ANYTHING, the power generating stations must adapt to the changing load.

That is what the governors on these generators are for. They act to keep the generator on frequency and on phase with he rest of the grid. Additional load (uncorrected) will cause the generator to slow down. Reducing load (uncorrected) will cause the generator to speed up.

A single car charger won't make much difference. The electrical grid can easily adjust.
A LOT of car chargers, not so easy. Such may exceed the total generating capacity when combined with existing high load periods.

you are too stupid to figure out face masks so stop with the EV shit

Much more so. It isn't, however, more practical than a gasoline or diesel car. Hydrogen just doesn't have as much energy.

That's worked out in the design making them just as powerful and efficient as ICE cars. But unlike battery cars you can carry extra fuel with you or refuel in just a few minutes for another 300+ miles of driving.

Battery cars make no sense.[/QUOTE]

This is a fallacy of its own called a fallacy of omission.

I would more accurately say: Battery cars do not ALWAYS make sense. It does make sense to continue to improve the technology. Tesla has made it so you can "fuel" them up using a Tesla charger in just a few minutes... They have also increased drive time and distance. It will not be too much longer before they make as much sense as gasoline cars for some folks. Shoot, they already do for city folks. They almost never drive outside of the range of a modern battery car.

Well, there is that.

Tell California that. Just don't come crying to us when you start getting regular rolling blackouts and your local government tells you not to charge your electric vehicles, to turn off your lights, to turn down your heat/up your A/C, etc..

Back