Reality check on electric cars

Your memes are getting even worse.

I think Legion is dying.…
url]

….of dementia.

My two cents:

You can't push for Star Trek world overnight. The battery that is the core of these electric cars requires the same old dirty job of mining for resources....and that's the same old seeking the cheapest way to do that...and that is exploiting "3rd world" countries for cheap and dangerous work.

Then you have cost, recharging centers that are NOT as prolific as gas stations, etc., etc.

I would have thought a hybrid would have been the standard for a decade or so...that way, you could incorporate solar charging stations and devices for the E-cars, less toxic batteries, more trained technicians at more repair shops. Ways to ease financially into this.

But that's not going to happen...America will push the same old business model...with the same old problems that comes with it. Sad.

My two cents:

You can't push for Star Trek world overnight. The battery that is the core of these electric cars requires the same old dirty job of mining for resources....and that's the same old seeking the cheapest way to do that...and that is exploiting "3rd world" countries for cheap and dangerous work.

Then you have cost, recharging centers that are NOT as prolific as gas stations, etc., etc.

I would have thought a hybrid would have been the standard for a decade or so...that way, you could incorporate solar charging stations and devices for the E-cars, less toxic batteries, more trained technicians at more repair shops. Ways to ease financially into this.

But that's not going to happen...America will push the same old business model...with the same old problems that comes with it. Sad.

The EV problems are changing practically daily. The charging gets, much much faster. batteries have a far longer range. All the gas guzzler fans' objections are gone.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
My two cents:

The EV problems are changing practically daily. The charging gets, much much faster. batteries have a far longer range. All the gas guzzler fans' objections are gone.

Mmm, not quite ... even with a good prognosis, it's still a long road to go: https://www.carsloth.com/advice/common-problems-electric-cars

Or just straight up problems not really being addressed properly: https://www.topspeed.com/uncomforta...ng-station-infrastructure-is-still-not-enough

Remember, I'm not advocating trashing EV's to keep a fossil fuel transportation system as is. I'm just pointing out that we need a slower, better researched and prepared system to avoid a "future shock" to the society on one level

The batteries are the same chemistry developed in the 80's. One mole of lithium still produces the same power. Lithium still has the same electron affinity.
The ONLY way to get longer range is to build a bigger battery pack. More moles of lithium.

NO electric vehicle can go further than a gasoline car of the same size.

Charging is NOT getting faster. You can only ram the ions back across the barrier at so fast a rate or the battery will EXPLODE.
The bigger the battery pack, the longer it takes to charge.

Blatantly lying and chanting isn't going to cut it, dude.

Mmm, not quite ... even with a good prognosis, it's still a long road to go: https://www.carsloth.com/advice/common-problems-electric-cars

Or just straight up problems not really being addressed properly: https://www.topspeed.com/uncomforta...ng-station-infrastructure-is-still-not-enough

Remember, I'm not advocating trashing EV's to keep a fossil fuel transportation system as is. I'm just pointing out that we need a slower, better researched and prepared system to avoid a "future shock" to the society on one level

Fossils aren't used for transportation. They are really quite useless for that purpose.
Gasoline or diesel is a much better choice.

Never heard of them. They were not doing very well. You have to know your posting makes no sense. Claim after claim by anti-EVers are being destroyed. Yet the rightys keep throwing shit thinking some of it will stick. EVs are better in nearly every way.

That's why they went bankrupt.

Back