Reality check on electric cars

Never heard of them. They were not doing very well. You have to know your posting makes no sense. Claim after claim by anti-EVers are being destroyed. Yet the rightys keep throwing shit thinking some of it will stick. EVs are better in nearly every way.

Sorry nordy, these guys were to make electric busses for every city in America.

ZOMG we had hundreds of ICE auto manufacturers go bankrupt before the Big 3 emerged to dominate market share.

WHY did we ever advance from the horse and buggy at that cost??

ZOMG, EV's were made in 1830, Why did we ever advance to ICE?

ZOMG, EV's were made in 1830, Why did we ever advance to ICE?

That is an easy question for people who are not dumb.

The ICE vehicles were able to out compete the EV's as infrastructure for ICE (gas stations) were something private interests (O&G companies and private retailors) could provide more quickly and easily along growing roadways and from private sellers, and make a profit from.

At that time no such option of charging stations all along the growing network of roads was viable as it is today.

Put down the Florida history books and read a real one and you would know these things.

That is an easy question for people who are not dumb.

The ICE vehicles were able to out compete the EV's as infrastructure for ICE (gas stations) were something private interests (O&G companies and private retailors) could provide more quickly and easily along growing roadways and from private sellers, and make a profit from.

At that time no such option of charging stations all along the growing network of roads was viable as it is today.

Put down the Florida history books and read a real one and you would know these things.

Try and be smarter. EV's will not work until the ability to charge them is so available people will accept them. You, being as ignorant as you are, havent yet figured out you have put the cart before the horse. We can talk about the current lack of efficient batteries after you have done your homework.

Try and be smarter. EV's will not work until the ability to charge them is so available people will accept them. You, being as ignorant as you are, havent yet figured out you have put the cart before the horse. We can talk about the current lack of efficient batteries after you have done your homework.

hahahaha what?

You do not know that EV are already working fine in most big cities and across a growing number of mid sized cities where the infrastructure you think does not exist yet, is readily available???

How the fuck do you not know this?

It mirrors the way Gas station infrastructure rolled out across the country as ICE vehicle became more and more popular.

I know, i know, Derps like you (and Terry) would argue ICE vehicle can never work as all the infrastructure does not exist at the very beginnings of the roll out. But that is because you are dumb.

Very dumb.

With almost all ICE manufacturers committed to make the bulk oof their fleets EV's the infrastructure is a given as is the improvements in technology.

But ya, i am laughing how naïve and dumb you are.

Last edited:
hahahaha what?

You do not know that EV are already working fine in most big cities and across a growing number of mid sized cities where the infrastructure you think does not exist yet, is readily available???

How the fuck do you not this?

It mirrors the way Gas station infrastructure rolled out across the country as ICE vehicle became more and more popular.

I know, i know, Derps like you (and Terry) would argue ICE vehicle can never work as all the infrastructure does not exist at the very beginnings of the roll out. But that is because you are dumb.

Very dumb.

With almost all ICE manufacturers committed to make the bulk oof their fleets EV's the infrastructure is a given as is the improvements in technology.

But ya, i am laughing how naïve and dumb you are.

It is not just EV manufacturers setting up charging stations, but lots of companies are installing them for profit. https://chargelab.co/blog/biggest-electric-vehicle-charging-companies

New tech is always risky. Consider how many steam engine, automobile and dot.com companies went bankrupt when the tech was new.

Have you ever heard of that company? I'd say they didn't have smart enough people to get their name and product out, unless, of course, it was an inferior product.

It is not just EV manufacturers setting up charging stations, but lots of companies are installing them for profit. https://chargelab.co/blog/biggest-electric-vehicle-charging-companies

So you have to pay to charge your electric car?

OMG!! That's like paying for gas...and waiting hours to leave. I'll gawk when I drive by

giphy.gif

Have you ever heard of that company? I'd say they didn't have smart enough people to get their name and product out, unless, of course, it was an inferior product.

Nope and I don't care. New tech, as you quoted from me, is risky.

So you have to pay to charge your electric car?

OMG!! That's like paying for gas...and waiting hours to leave. I'll gawk when I drive by

giphy.gif

Of course you do. It is just a fraction of what you spend on poisonous fuel for your ICE. If you go to a museum or a play, you plug in while you are inside. The parking places are always closer and better. You do not stand there while it is charging. I will drive by the gas station and laugh as you slop gas all over your hands and stand in the cold and rain. Of course, you have to wait for an open pump, in the snow.

Of course you do. It is just a fraction of what you spend on poisonous fuel for your ICE. If you go to a museum or a play, you plug in while you are inside. The parking places are always closer and better. You do not stand there while it is charging. I will drive by the gas station and laugh as you slop gas all over your hands and stand in the cold and rain. Of course, you have to wait for an open pump, in the snow.

But my daily ICE driver cost half or even less than half of your EV. I'll wait until winter to see how your EV gets around.
Of course, hi-test is $4.499 (FJB) now and that car gets 10 mpg.
But it'll get far more attention and thumbs up than your silly EV. And it looks and sounds like a real race car, not a toy.

My boy seems to be enjoying the Corvette during this late summer,

even though I believe that his modern Mustang is actually faster than a '62 fulie.

If you like electric cars, though, knock yourself out.

I don't hate them. Just never tried one.

EVs are working. We have 4 in our immediate family and one ICE. Nobody takes the ICE. They work fine for city folk. If you live in Ted Kazinskys cabin, it may not serve you well. You Luddites slow progress down. EVs are a technology whose time has arrived. You should learn something. it is not hidden.

Back