Reality check on electric cars

Here you go exercising your stupid fetish again just so you know virtually every train on the planet is electric except for some gas or diesel industrial switchers

Nope. Trains are not motive sources. They consist of one or more locomotives and many cars, which have no motive power of their own.

Locomotives are diesel electric. They burn diesel fuel. No locomotive uses gasoline. There are still a fair number of external combustion engine locomotives in service as well...mostly on tourism routes.

Commuter lines are electric. Each car is it's own locomotive. These only exist in some cities. They usually have poor maintenance because governments don't know how to run a railroad.

Rail ring is the most common problem with commuter lines.

Nope. Trains are not motive sources. They consist of one or more locomotives and many cars, which have no motive power of their own.

Locomotives are diesel electric. They burn diesel fuel. No locomotive uses gasoline. There are still a fair number of external combustion engine locomotives in service as well...mostly on tourism routes.

Commuter lines are electric. Each car is it's own locomotive. These only exist in some cities. They usually have poor maintenance because governments don't know how to run a railroad.

Rail ring is the most common problem with commuter lines.

I think I finally figured you out you have an abuse fetish you need people to tell you you're a moron you get off on it That's why you always say such stupid stuff

aaaa-png.855117

Batteries aren't the only problem...

Some early Tesla models are spontaneously malfunctioning and could cost owners more than $1,800 to repair.
The issue stems from a worn-out flash memory chip embedded in the Multi-Media Controller board that activates the control screen and executes most functions.
This is happening in vehicles about four years old and older for Model X and S vehicles, which first came out in 2012.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...spontaneously-bricking-worn-memory-chips.html

A Tesla Bricking Itself On The Highway Is A Reminder That Electric Cars Need To Solve Their Neutral Problem
https://jalopnik.com/a-tesla-bricking-itself-on-the-highway-is-a-reminder-th-1847734019

"Bricking" for those who are unfamiliar with the term is when a Tesla (and some other EV cars) have their battery charge drop below a certain level and then the car becomes un-rechargeable due to issues not just with the battery, but with the complex electronics that run the vehicle. At that point you have a "brick," or car that can't be driven or recharged.

In any EV car, it generally only takes the failure of a single battery cell out of thousands in the vehicle for it to loose charge and range very quickly. This can result in both going down to minutes and a few miles before the vehicle is kaput.

I have that idiot on ignore and he still replies to me. I even have his name in my ignore list, which is visible with each post I make.

:fap:

Unfortunately, PoliTalker has you beat in ignore list length. But you've one-upped him in the fact that you're proudly proclaiming the specific users on your ignore list for the forum to see, so GOOD JOB buddy!!! :palm:

Electric cars come with a gage and it tells you how far you have to go to exhaust it. If someone ran out, it is no different than running out of gas. It was dumb.

Brilliant Nordy. Now if I run out with my vehicle I can walk, crawl, or call AAA and have my dilemma fixed in a matter of minutes. Can you walk to a gas station and pick up a gallon of electricity?

...and if you forgot your solar panel and camping gear? Is AAA going to bring that to you? Oh...and all the food and drink you need as well? :D

Your assertion that an ice car is going to bring you your camping gear and solar panels just means you have pus for brains

Batteries aren't the only problem...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...spontaneously-bricking-worn-memory-chips.html

https://jalopnik.com/a-tesla-bricking-itself-on-the-highway-is-a-reminder-th-1847734019

"Bricking" for those who are unfamiliar with the term is when a Tesla (and some other EV cars) have their battery charge drop below a certain level and then the car becomes un-rechargeable due to issues not just with the battery, but with the complex electronics that run the vehicle. At that point you have a "brick," or car that can't be driven or recharged.

In any EV car, it generally only takes the failure of a single battery cell out of thousands in the vehicle for it to loose charge and range very quickly. This can result in both going down to minutes and a few miles before the vehicle is kaput.

'Bricking' is a more generic term, referring to any device that becomes unusable due to loss of firmware or access to firmware, making as useful as a brick. Yes, you can 'brick' a Tesla. Tesla's have protection against this built into their software, but a current leak can 'brick' a Tesla.

When this happens to a Li-ion battery, the battery is permanently damaged. It must be replaced. Attempting to recharge a damaged Li-ion battery will result in a class C fire.

Last edited:
Back