Reality check on electric cars

You have no idea what fascism is.
Fascism is the government manipulation of markets. Banning certain cars that are completely viable as a means of transportation (even if they happen to use a fuel you don't like) is fascism. Norway is manipulating the automotive market and the energy market.
You throw the term around like a child. When your mom sent you to bed did you call it fascism?
You are describing yourself again. Inversion fallacy.

If Progressives and Democrats (one and the same now) get their way, we'll all be driving electric versions of this POS

trabant-001.jpg

Why would we want that? Does that make sense to you? You can stay in horse and buggy age as long as you want, but technology does not wait for you to catch up.

Why would we want that? Does that make sense to you? You can stay in horse and buggy age as long as you want, but technology does not wait for you to catch up.

Unfortunately, one of the detrimental side effects of technology on the horse and buggy crowd is that they usually get stuck with all the nasty little by-products....just look into where all those unused computer parts were ending up for a LONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
Unfortunately, one of the detrimental side effects of technology on the horse and buggy crowd is that they usually get stuck with all the nasty little by-products....just look into where all those unused computer parts were ending up for a LONG time.

Horses do not have computer parts.

No shyte?!!? Who said they did?

My point is that those "low tech" folk have to deal with the negative fall out (aka garbage) that comes with high tech development. As I suggested, do some research as to where a LOT of "junk" used personal computer parts ended up. Scary stuff.

If you are driving a car before 1968, then it is certainly not computerized. Is that what you mean? The Stanley Steemer wasn't computerized either. Antique autos are not computerized.

1980, actually. Computerization in cars didn't really start until the mid-70s.

Today, all new cars are EV or FADEC. The computer, if discarded, is discarded when the car is.

Meh.

You.

Define 'low tech' and 'high tech'.

What's so scary about old computer parts?

1. Copy and paste EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE AND IN WHAT POST. IF I did NOT say in no uncertain terms what you accuse me of, that means you either can't comprehend what you read or you are a LIAR.

2. Pay attention: this part of the discussion was about "horse & buggy" folk being left behind by technology's progress. Last time I checked, the horse & buggy was a "low tech" means of transportation, the phrase used here to describe people who do NOT adhere to every technological advancement that comes along. Capice'?

3. :rolleyes: Lord, you gave them eyes yet they do not see. In case you are truly and NOT willfully ignorant, here's some enlightening information for you:

Where your computer goes to die: Shocking pictures of the toxic 'electronic graveyards' in Africa where the West dumps its old PCs, laptops, microwaves, fridges and phones

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ld-PCs-laptops-microwaves-fridges-phones.html

1. Copy and paste EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE AND IN WHAT POST. IF I did NOT say in no uncertain terms what you accuse me of, that means you either can't comprehend what you read or you are a LIAR.
I don't have to. Anyone that wants to can go look it up for themselves. If you want to deny your own argument, that's your problem.
2. Pay attention: this part of the discussion was about "horse & buggy" folk being left behind by technology's progress. Last time I checked, the horse & buggy was a "low tech" means of transportation, the phrase used here to describe people who do NOT adhere to every technological advancement that comes along. Capice'?
So everyone is 'low tech', since no one adheres to every technological advancement that comes along. It is not possible to. For one thing, 'advancement' has not been defined.
3. :rolleyes: Lord, you gave them eyes yet they do not see. In case you are truly and NOT willfully ignorant, here's some enlightening information for you:

Where your computer goes to die: Shocking pictures of the toxic 'electronic graveyards' in Africa where the West dumps its old PCs, laptops, microwaves, fridges and phones

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ld-PCs-laptops-microwaves-fridges-phones.html

Propaganda article. Fake news.
Labeling old electronics or even refrigerators as 'toxic' continually is just propaganda. If anything, it's a problem with fascism in Europe, not dumpyards in Ghana.

Maybe you should stop believing the Daily Mail BS.

Back