Red States Rule: Please Enlist

Yes I did...like you...

that's a real tiger not the cereal box variety, doc...

IF what you say is true then why are more democrats in congress veterans than their republican counterparts? Is it because the republicans, like rsr here, just give lip service to serving?

I enlisted and volunteered for the war of my youth... and spent one year of my four in Viet Nam. Now it's time for younger folks to serve. How about you? When and where did you serve? Did YOU go to war?

US Army..VN era...1964-1968...1st,2nd and 7th cav...only one tour...then I went on to serve in Law enforcement...local,state and federal...I was just a Buck Sgt...then a 2nd Lt while serving during the VN era..so I am familiar with both sides of the aisle...your turn!

So, would it be okay for me who was in during the first conflict? What are your criteria? Have you walked the talk yourself?

by definition a chickenhawk is one that advocates war for others but didn't have the balls/ovaries to serve when it was his/her turn... if you Damocles served in the first gulf war then you are a HAWK...

If you don't advocate war then you are neither a hawk nor a chickenhawk...

and yes, I served. Didn't you read my intro? You replied to it.

Dunce...!

nope... we don't need YOUR kind to have fun... so batty... when did YOU serve? did you go to war? or do you, like rsr, just talk a good fight?

are you for real or sleeping with Darla...read the post above... this is nonsense..I answered your question...you are the one who is lacking credibility at this point and time!;)

Last edited:
Is 'Stripey' saying he is serving in a combat position..or just playin' around or fishin'..please give us your background stripey...clear the air waves sorta/kinda..I am a honest and up-front guy and don't hold back..please do the same...it will enhance your credibility!

sure you are... uh huh... sure you are... but you're a republican so therefore you're suspect... you talk alot about my service but haven't given any of yours... when and where did you serve?

(for some reason, the quote button isn't working)

Battle Borne wrote:
US Army..VN era...1964-1968...1st,2nd and 7th cav...only one tour...then I went on tro serve in Law enforcement...local,state and federal...I was just a Buck Sgt...then a 2nd Lt while serving during the VN era..so I am familiar with both sides of the aisle...your turn!

USAF... VN era... 1966-1970... MAC... one tour in Viet Nam... wounded in a mortar attack 5 clicks from the cambodian border while resupplying army types with the tools of their trade... small arms ammo and arty rounds...

catch any metal yourself?

how did you manage to become a butter bar? BfC?

Duh....

(for some reason, the quote button isn't working)

Battle Borne wrote:
US Army..VN era...1964-1968...1st,2nd and 7th cav...only one tour...then I went on tro serve in Law enforcement...local,state and federal...I was just a Buck Sgt...then a 2nd Lt while serving during the VN era..so I am familiar with both sides of the aisle...your turn!

USAF... VN era... 1966-1970... MAC... one tour in Viet Nam... wounded in a mortar attack 5 clicks from the cambodian border while resupplying army types with the tools of their trade... small arms ammo and arty rounds...

catch any metal yourself?

how did you manage to become a butter bar? BfC?

AF brat...I am on 20% VA disabilty pension...my bro was also AF...and we disagree constantly on who surffered the most...I win here... as I did with my bro...but then again he did digress and admitt his mistaken hard times...ever eat cold food and hot beer...probably not AF brat! Don't even attack Damo...he is cool and admitted Navy food was mo betta than Army..so bite me Mr.I suffered so much...Right!

Last edited:
Battie... usually I have good rapport with other veterans even IF we are on opposite sides but there are times when we just don't get along... this could very well be one of them as I recall you giving another veteran here grief...

are you a member of the Fraternal Order Of Lunatics, too? IOW, did you volunteer for the war like I did?

Or did they send you there kicking and screaming for your mommy...

Dumb shit...ya are..

Battie... usually I have good rapport with other veterans even IF we are on opposite sides but there are times when we just don't get along... this could very well be one of them as I recall you giving another veteran here grief...

are you a member of the Fraternal Order Of Lunatics, too? IOW, did you volunteer for the war like I did?

Or did they send you there kicking and screaming for your mommy...

1963 I was in college playing football and having fun with the cheerleaders...I was hurt playin ball and dropped outta college to go to work to continue next year...albeit I received my Greetings from Uncle Sam...I decided to enlist so I could get a combat MOS and avoid the stigma..went on to achieve the rank of Buck sgt...then onto OCS as a LT...and you idiot kiss ass defender of 'Pink Code'!

LOL, anyone here watch the Show on the Marine Corps last night on PBS ? I caught most of it in my shop while helping a friend fix his tractor.

A very well done show, the recruiters could not have done better. I even felt a momentary twinge that I was too old to enlist.
As I said a very good pro Marine corps show :)

AF brat...I am on 20% VA disabilty pension...my bro was also AF...and we disagree constantly on who surffered the most...I win here... as I did with my bro...but then again he did digress and admitt his mistaken hard times...ever eat cold food and hot beer...probably not AF brat! Don't even attack Damo...he is cool and admitted Navy food was mo betta than Army..so bite me Mr.I suffered so much...Right!

AF brats are dependents, moron.

Suffered? I didn't say I suffered... don't put words in my mouth, I am opinionated enough on my own... insert bird flipping smilie here...

I was smart enough to pass the Air Force entrance exam... I enlisted in the AF because I didn't want to be a ground pounder... humping 80 pound packs through the jungle killin folks I didn't know...

I spent lots of time eating food with the army... and they ate rather well considering... hot food too... too bad you didn't get any...

There were army clubs on the outpost I was at, home of the Big Red One... and we had lots of cold beer... again... too bad you didn't get any... obtw, I volunteered for that duty too... so that means I'm a FOOL three times over... how about you? did you volunteer or did they have to send you to Nam kickin and screamin for your mama...

I bet it was the latter...

insert you know what right here...

1963 I was in college playing football and having fun with the cheerleaders...I was hurt playin ball and dropped outta college to go to work to continue next year...albeit I received my Greetings from Uncle Sam...I decided to enlist so I could get a combat MOS and avoid the stigma..went on to achieve the rank of Buck sgt...then onto OCS as a LT...and you idiot kiss ass defender of 'Pink Code'!

having problems with your reading comprehension?

did you volunteer for the war? yes or no?
did you catch metal during your tour? yes or no?
where in Nam did you serve?

But it does seem that you did really well in the how to be an asshole class at OCS... since it's obvious you've retained all of it...

Lmao...

AF brats are dependents, moron.

Suffered? I didn't say I suffered... don't put words in my mouth, I am opinionated enough on my own... insert bird flipping smilie here...

I was smart enough to pass the Air Force entrance exam... I enlisted in the AF because I didn't want to be a ground pounder... humping 80 pound packs through the jungle killin folks I didn't know...

I spent lots of time eating food with the army... and they ate rather well considering... hot food too... too bad you didn't get any...

There were army clubs on the outpost I was at, home of the Big Red One... and we had lots of cold beer... again... too bad you didn't get any... obtw, I volunteered for that duty too... so that means I'm a FOOL three times over... how about you? did you volunteer or did they have to send you to Nam kickin and screamin for your mama...

I bet it was the latter...

Up yours not so fly guy...however just cause ya are a newbee...I will digress..the beer was hot ...but who really cared...and no I did not go kicking and screaming...I like a good fight..so here view a previous post I made...come up to speed...AF Brat...

www.1cda.org/VN beer break.htm enjoy the embarrassment...is your name 'John'by any chance News channel eight...I know him too...and we go at it also...he was a 'dog handler back in the day with the AF!

Last edited:
I'm not going to follow you around the internet watching you denigrate my fellow veterans, doc... so you can shove your little post up your ass, IF that is, you can get it past your head...

where in nam did you serve? surely you must remember that little detail...

Back