Republican Platform Chokes on Ukraine

As I explained to Bigdog in my previous post, Obama didn't "fold" at all. He simply didn't interfere, which was wise. What's sad is that his administration certainly played a part in Euromaidan. Had Neo Nazi forces not taken over in Kyiv, I doubt Crimea would have felt the need to rejoin Russia to begin with.
' Fold ' was Big Doggy's term.

As I explained to Bigdog in my previous post, Obama didn't "fold" at all. He simply didn't interfere, which was wise. What's sad is that his administration certainly played a part in Euromaidan. Had Neo Nazi forces not taken over in Kyiv, I doubt Crimea would have felt the need to rejoin Russia to begin with.
"Fold" as in the context of a card game or any competition.

Not only did he FOLD ... but he broke the Budapest promise to defend Ukraine.

What are the earmarks of a Ukrainian neo nazi? ... pro independence from Putin?

Obama didn't "fold" to Russia. He simply didn't interfere. If only his Administration hadn't aided neo Nazi elements to essentially lead a coup against the elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, I doubt Crimea would have rejoined Russia.

Anyway, after the coup from Neo Nazis in Kyiv, Crimeans decided to have a referendum on whether they should rejoin Russia. They voted overwhelmingly to do so and Russia accepted their request, annexing them back into Russia. As far as I know, there has only been one article written by a western journalist who actually went to Crimea to find out what really happened after Russia annexed them, Canadian American journalist Eva Bartlett. Her article can be seen here:
Yanukovych is a Putin puppet who had protesters shot in the streets.

Eva does not understand what a stealth attack is. I don't think you do either.

What are the earmarks of a Ukrainian neo nazi?

True to its cowardly subservience to Donald Trump, of all people, the GOP is planning to introduce a platform that will say nothing on the war in Ukraine. This is a Munich moment but for Republicans it is more about giving Trump a gift he can deliver to his idol.

It's a secret plan to end the conflict. You have to vote for him to find out.
But of course you're accustomed to that aren't you? Like Obamacare (ACA) you have to vote for the plan before you can find out what's in it.
Your party started that precedent. Live with it.

Obama didn't "fold" to Russia. He simply didn't interfere. If only his Administration hadn't aided neo Nazi elements to essentially lead a coup against the elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, I doubt Crimea would have rejoined Russia.

Anyway, after the coup from Neo Nazis in Kyiv, Crimeans decided to have a referendum on whether they should rejoin Russia. They voted overwhelmingly to do so and Russia accepted their request, annexing them back into Russia. As far as I know, there has only been one article written by a western journalist who actually went to Crimea to find out what really happened after Russia annexed them, Canadian American journalist Eva Bartlett. Her article can be seen here:
Yanukovych is a Putin puppet who had protesters shot in the streets.

No, that was done by hired hitman on the direction of the Neo Nazis who replaced him. The Kyiv Post wrote a good article on the evidence for this here:

More in depth articles on the same subject:

Eva does not understand what a stealth attack is. I don't think you do either.

Look, CNN can tell you whatever you want to believe, but Eva went to Crimea and asked Crimeans what happened. No talk of a "stealth attack", and plenty of talk of Crimeans wanting to rejoin Russia. You should know that Crimeans never voted to -leave- Russia- that decision was made from on high. But they made sure to be around to vote to rejoin it.

The Azov regiment is a good example:

True to its cowardly subservience to Donald Trump, of all people, the GOP is planning to introduce a platform that will say nothing on the war in Ukraine. This is a Munich moment but for Republicans it is more about giving Trump a gift he can deliver to his idol.

Then why the fuck don’t you fucks run a live candidate that can speak coherently?

"Fold" as in the context of a card game or any competition.

Not only did he FOLD ... but he broke the Budapest promise to defend Ukraine.

I'd say his administration broke that promise when they aligned themselves with the Neo Nazis that essentially staged a coup against elected Ukrainian President Victor Yanukoyvch. One could say that was the first downed domino that has led inexorably to where we are now, with careful shepherding by the same forces to ensure that the dominoes kept falling. I get into details in my previous post.

This is the third Republican platform in a row to say nothing of Russian aggression against Ukraine. Before trump the Republicans had no fear of talking about Russian aggression against Ukraine in their platforms. It all changed when the Russian ambassador told trump to remove it.

No, that was done by hired hitman on the direction of the Neo Nazis who replaced him. The Kyiv Post wrote a good article on the evidence for this here:

Look, CNN can tell you whatever you want to believe, but Eva went to Crimea and asked Crimeans what happened. No talk of a "stealth attack", and plenty of talk of Crimeans wanting to rejoin Russia. You should know that Crimeans never voted to -leave- Russia- that decision was made from on high. But they made sure to be around to vote to rejoin it.

That is all opinion, speculation, and propaganda. You have provided NO evidence.

Even your Aljazeera source says they were "ACCUSED" ... not proved, no evidence. A picture of a dozen soldiers is not proof that half the nation are nazis as you claim.

The stealth invasion targeted military bases. Stealth means people are not supposed to see it.

How do YOU know that the Referendum vote was Not rigged? I've read that only 15% voted. There is the Fog of War which makes much uncertain. I'm not a big fan of CNN. I am not told what to think. I do my own analysis. You appear to only search for opinions that support your own Bias. Learn to keep an open mind, Scott.

Obama folded and broke the Budapest defense promise.

This is the third Republican platform in a row to say nothing of Russian aggression against Ukraine. Before trump the Republicans had no fear of talking about Russian aggression against Ukraine in their platforms. It all changed when the Russian ambassador told trump to remove it.
Unlike Obama, Trump provided actual military weapons to Ukraine. You have lost your mind, Walt. Putin invaded on Hot Mic Obama's and Biden's watch.

That is all opinion, speculation, and propaganda. You have provided NO evidence.

Absolute balderdash. I provided 4 news articles, 3 of which provided links to their own sources. You, on the other hand, have provided none in this post I'm responding to for your own assertions.

Even your Aljazeera source says they were "ACCUSED" ... not proved, no evidence.

It helps to read beyond the subheading of an article. Below is the evidence for the accusation- please note all the linked articles too:

So what is the Azov regiment?

Azov is a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit whose members – estimated at 900 – are ultra-nationalists and accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology.

The unit was initially formed as a volunteer group in May 2014 out of the ultra-nationalist Patriot of Ukraine gang, and the neo-Nazi Social National Assembly (SNA) group. Both groups engaged in xenophobic and neo-Nazi ideals and physically assaulted migrants, the Roma community and people opposing their views.

[snip]

Who founded Azov?

The unit was led by Andriy Biletsky, who served as the the leader of both the Patriot of Ukraine (founded in 2005) and the SNA (founded in 2008). The SNA is known to have carried out attacks on minority groups in Ukraine.

In 2010, Biletsky said Ukraine’s national purpose was to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen [inferior races]”.

Biletsky was elected to parliament in 2014. He left Azov as elected officials cannot be in the military or police force. He remained an MP until 2019.

The 42-year-old is nicknamed Bely Vozd – or White Ruler – by his supporters. He established the far-right National Corps party in October 2016, whose core base is veterans of Azov.

[snip]

Neo-Nazi ideology

In 2015, Andriy Diachenko, the spokesperson for the regiment at the time said that 10 to 20 percent of Azov’s recruits were Nazis.

The unit has denied it adheres to Nazi ideology as a whole, but Nazi symbols such as the swastika and SS regalia are rife on the uniforms and bodies of Azov members.

For example, the uniform carries the neo-Nazi Wolfsangel symbol, which resembles a black swastika on a yellow background. The group said it is merely an amalgam of the letters “N” and “I” which represent “national idea”.

Individual members have professed to being neo-Nazis, and hardcore far-right ultra-nationalism is pervasive among members.

In January 2018, Azov rolled out its street patrol unit called National Druzhyna to “restore” order in the capital, Kyiv. Instead, the unit carried out pogroms against the Roma community and attacked members of the LGBTQ community.

“Ukraine is the world’s only nation to have a neo-Nazi formation in its armed forces,” a correspondent for the US-based magazine, the Nation, wrote in 2019.

Human rights violations and war crimes

A 2016 report by the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OCHA) accused the Azov regiment of violating international humanitarian law.

The report detailed incidents over a period from November 2015-February 2016 where Azov had embedded their weapons and forces in used civilian buildings, and displaced residents after looting civilian properties. The report also accused the battalion of raping and torturing detainees in the Donbas region.

Source:

A picture of a dozen soldiers is not proof that half the nation are nazis as you claim.

I claimed no such thing.

The stealth invasion targeted military bases. Stealth means people are not supposed to see it.

I'm going to assume you're referring to the west's alleged "invasion" of Crimea. Can we agree that, unlike Euromaidan, over 100 Ukrainian citizens were -not- killed during this alleged "invasion" of Crimea? If so, could we further agree that the Neo Nazis that took over after Euromaidan was much more of an "invasion" on Ukrainians then Russia's "stealth" invasion?

How do YOU know that the Referendum vote was Not rigged? I've read that only 15% voted. There is the Fog of War which makes much uncertain.

Knowing anything for sure is hard, but we can certainly look at the evidence to determine what's the most likely. As to this allegation that "only 15% voted", I'm going to first assume that you're referring to the Crimean referendum to rejoin Russia. Where did you get this number? I can certainly agree that the Fog of War can make a lot of things uncertain, but I think it also pays to pay attention to who's making the claims and whether they have any potential motivations to be untruthful. I'll quote American Canadian journalist Eva Bartlett's final line in her article on Crimea:
As for the claims that Russia invaded Crimea and of Russian forces intimidating voters, I believe the many people I met who denounced those claims and articulated very clearly why they wanted to join Russia, or as they say, “return to Russia.”

Source:

I can certainly believe his -administration' broke the promise, by supporting the Neo Nazis who ousted elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych in what many consider to be a coup during Euromaidan, helped along by a false flag operation which I've provided plenty of evidence for in post #65.

Last edited:
Absolute balderdash. I provided 4 news articles, 3 of which provided links to their own sources. You, on the other hand, have provided none in this post I'm responding to for your own assertions.

It helps to read beyond the subheading of an article. Below is the evidence for the accusation- please note all the linked articles too:

Azov is a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit whose members – estimated at 900 – are ultra-nationalists and accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology.

The unit was initially formed as a volunteer group in May 2014 out of the ultra-nationalist Patriot of Ukraine gang, and the neo-Nazi Social National Assembly (SNA) group. Both groups engaged in xenophobic and neo-Nazi ideals and physically assaulted migrants, the Roma community and people opposing their views.

[snip]

Who founded Azov?

The unit was led by Andriy Biletsky, who served as the the leader of both the Patriot of Ukraine (founded in 2005) and the SNA (founded in 2008). The SNA is known to have carried out attacks on minority groups in Ukraine.

In 2010, Biletsky said Ukraine’s national purpose was to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen [inferior races]”.

Biletsky was elected to parliament in 2014. He left Azov as elected officials cannot be in the military or police force. He remained an MP until 2019.

The 42-year-old is nicknamed Bely Vozd – or White Ruler – by his supporters. He established the far-right National Corps party in October 2016, whose core base is veterans of Azov.

[snip]

Neo-Nazi ideology

In 2015, Andriy Diachenko, the spokesperson for the regiment at the time said that 10 to 20 percent of Azov’s recruits were Nazis.

The unit has denied it adheres to Nazi ideology as a whole, but Nazi symbols such as the swastika and SS regalia are rife on the uniforms and bodies of Azov members.

For example, the uniform carries the neo-Nazi Wolfsangel symbol, which resembles a black swastika on a yellow background. The group said it is merely an amalgam of the letters “N” and “I” which represent “national idea”.

Individual members have professed to being neo-Nazis, and hardcore far-right ultra-nationalism is pervasive among members.

In January 2018, Azov rolled out its street patrol unit called National Druzhyna to “restore” order in the capital, Kyiv. Instead, the unit carried out pogroms against the Roma community and attacked members of the LGBTQ community.

“Ukraine is the world’s only nation to have a neo-Nazi formation in its armed forces,” a correspondent for the US-based magazine, the Nation, wrote in 2019.

A 2016 report by the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OCHA) accused the Azov regiment of violating international humanitarian law.

The report detailed incidents over a period from November 2015-February 2016 where Azov had embedded their weapons and forces in used civilian buildings, and displaced residents after looting civilian properties. The report also accused the battalion of raping and torturing detainees in the Donbas region.

Source:

I claimed no such thing.

I'm going to assume you're referring to the west's alleged "invasion" of Crimea. Can we agree that, unlike Euromaidan, over 100 Ukrainian citizens were -not- killed during this alleged "invasion" of Crimea? If so, could we further agree that the Neo Nazis that took over after Euromaidan was much more of an "invasion" on Ukrainians then Russia's "stealth" invasion?

Knowing anything for sure is hard, but we can certainly look at the evidence to determine what's the most likely. As to this allegation that "only 15% voted", I'm going to first assume that you're referring to the Crimean referendum to rejoin Russia. Where did you get this number? I can certainly agree that the Fog of War can make a lot of things uncertain, but I think it also pays to pay attention to who's making the claims and whether they have any potential motivations to be untruthful. I'll quote American Canadian journalist Eva Bartlett's final line in her article on Crimea:
As for the claims that Russia invaded Crimea and of Russian forces intimidating voters, I believe the many people I met who denounced those claims and articulated very clearly why they wanted to join Russia, or as they say, “return to Russia.”

Source:

I can certainly believe his -administration' broke the promise, by supporting the Neo Nazis who ousted elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych in what many consider to be a coup during Euromaidan, helped along by a false flag operation which I've provided plenty of evidence for in post #65.
There are 38 million Ukrainians and you found 900 that were "ACCUSED" of being neo nazis. How many Jews did they kill?

I don't think voters were intimidated so much as they were bought.

"Putin orders increase of Crimean pensions to Russian levels"​

By Interfax-Ukraine.
Published March 19, 2014

I misspoke, only 15% voted to be annexed according to Forbes and Putin.

Putin's 'Human Rights Council' Accidentally Posts Real

Crimean Election Results

Forbes

https://www.forbes.com › Opinion › World Affairs

May 6, 2014 — ... referendum to annex Crimea, the turnout of Crimean voters ... referendummeaning only 15 percent of Crimean citizens voted for annexation."

"Stealth" means you don't see it.

Why do you support Ukraine being ruled by a Russian puppet like Yanukovych? ... becoming another Belarusa.

Last edited:
He did, but let's not forget that at that point, democrats were definitely on board with this. Good article on this:
No, democrats have been totally two faced on both the Ukraine and Israel wars. Doing only enough to create "Vietnams". Dems just oppose anything Trump does.

Biden knew Russia was going to invade and did nothing to stop it ... like declaring a no fly zone. Europe also did basically nothing. Poland is the only country that revved up its MIC and stepped up recruitment.

Obama created this mess, and Biden made it worse.

[snip]

Who founded Azov?

[snip]

Neo-Nazi ideology

Source:
There are 38 million Ukrainians and you found 900 that were "ACCUSED" of being neo nazis. How many Jews did they kill?

You asked me what were the earmarks of a Ukrainian neo Nazi. I told you the Azov regiment was a good example. And they weren't just "accused", there was -plenty- of evidence supporting this accusation, which I quoted. I note that you never responded to any of this evidence. As to killing jews, you apparently don't even know the meaning of the word neo Nazi. The neo is in there for a reason- Neo Nazis don't have to hate jews as much as the original Nazis. This should be self evident by the fact that Zelensky is jewish and yet the Neo Nazi elements in Ukraine are ok with that. The Ukrainian Neo Nazi hatred goes primarily towards Russians.

I misspoke, only 15% voted to be annexed according to Forbes and Putin.

Putin's 'Human Rights Council' Accidentally Posts Real

Crimean Election Results

May 6, 2014 — ... referendum to annex Crimea, the turnout of Crimean voters ... referendummeaning only 15 percent of Crimean citizens voted for annexation."

I took a look at your Forbes article. Quoting the entire paragraph you're quoting from:
Yesterday, however, according to a major Ukrainian news site, TSN.ua, the website of the President of Russia’s Council on Civil Society and Human Rights (shortened to President’s Human Rights Council) posted a report that was quickly taken down as if it were toxic radioactive waste. According to this purported report about the March referendum to annex Crimea, the turnout of Crimean voters was only 30 percent. And of these, only half voted for the referendum–meaning only 15 percent of Crimean citizens voted for annexation.

Your first problem is that the links above are broken. Your second problem is that even if the Forbes article was being honest about those links saying what they said they did, the above quote is actually misleading. The next paragraph makes it clear how:
The TSN report does not link to a copy of the cited report. However, there is a report of the Human Rights Council, entitled “Problems of Crimean Residents,” still up on the president-sovet.ru website, which discusses the Council’s estimates of the results of the March 16 referendum. Quoting from that report: “In Crimea, according to various indicators, 50-60% voted for unification with Russia with a voter turnout (yavka) of 30-50%.” This leads to a range of between 15 percent (50% x 30%) and 30 percent (60% x 50%) voting for annexation. The turnout in the Crimean district of Sevastopol, according to the Council, was higher: 50-80%.
Above, we have another broken link, followed by text that makes it obvious that the first quoted paragraph is misleading. That bit about the turnout of Crimean voters being "only 30 percent"? Now we see that that was only the lower range of this alleged estimate, that voter turnout was in fact 30-50%.

And let's not forget that all of the above links from your article are broken. I did find a Crimean website articwhich said that voter turnout was much higher:
Crimea became a Russian region after a referendum held there in March 2014, in which 96.77% of Crimean voters and 95.6% of Sevastopol residents voted to join Russia. The Crimean authorities held the referendum after the coup d'état in Ukraine in February 2014.

Source:

"Stealth" means you don't see it.

As I suggested above, I think the evidence is clear that what started things off was the brutal killing of over 100 Ukrainian citizens in Kyiv, with the evidence strongly pointing towards it being coordinated by the same Neo Nazi elements that later ousted Yanukovych and took over the Ukrainian government. There was no similar massacre in Kyiv, perhaps precisely because many Crimean residents worked quickly to rejoin Russia.

Why do you support Ukraine being ruled by a Russian puppet like Yanukovych? ... becoming another Belarusa.

Yanukovych had his flaws, but he was no puppet. When it came to the alleged reason that he was ousted, his backtracking on joining the European Union, there was a perfectly legitimate reason for him doing so- Russia used a combination of pressure and reward to persuade him that Russia's deal was better. From Wikipedia's article on Viktor Yanukovych:
In November 2013, Yanukovych made a sudden decision, amidst economic pressure from Russia,[12] to withdraw from signing an association agreement with the EU and instead accept a Russian trade deal and loan bailout.

From there, Wikipedia goes to the mass Ukrainian protests:
This sparked mass protests against him that ultimately led to his ousting as President.[13][14][15] The civil unrest peaked in February 2014, when almost 100 protesters were killed by police.[16]

But as I've pointed out time and again, the evidence is that it wasn't police that killed those 100+ protesters, but hired mercenaries contracted by the Neo Nazi elements in Ukraine. I posted 3 articles with evidence that this is what really went down in post #65.

Back