saw brokeback mountain tonight on HBO 4 star movie

I think it could have happened either way... and we were meant to not know exactly the answer. It left it open to "Deep Thought" and was supposed to make us think that the movie was even deeper because of the question...

LOL - Lets just say you fell asleep and leave it at that. It was pretty evident he was beaten to death.

It is normal for a certian percentage of people in any population to be mentally retarded, intelectually superior, blond, red headed, tall, short, gay, stright, a-sexual and such...

Now I would not call those people abnormal.

Klaatu, you have said being gay is not normal... is that in the same sense as priests are not normal for abstaining?

LOL - Lets just say you fell asleep and leave it at that. It was pretty evident he was beaten to death.
Fine with me... I really did fall asleep and miss some important parts, as I said. Like I had no idea what was happening with the shirt. I didn't really care... by the time the end of the movie got there I was just happy the flick was ending. My wife liked it, but then she liked Titanic too. I thought they were both about the same, boring story with great scenes in an attempt to make up for it.

I liked Brokeback Mt. but then again, I like relationship movies and great cinematography.

Ugh, I watched Titanic again last night. I thought it was okay when it came out, but not a movie I would like to watch a second time.

My wife had it on, but I was busy with the baby so I was not really watching it too intently.

I'm kinda lucky in that I like pretty much everything except for bad Robbin Williams movies; I loved both Titanic & Brokeback, but I also loved movies like Pulp Fiction & History of Violence.

I think my marriage would be over if I didn't like relationship movies...

Ugh, I watched Titanic again last night. I thought it was okay when it came out, but not a movie I would like to watch a second time.

My wife had it on, but I was busy with the baby so I was not really watching it too intently.

I hated the movie. Even some of the scenes that were supposed to be exciting got me all ticked... I was so bored I began to see the errors. Like the poor were down dancing (lesson, rich people are boring, poor people have fun) and there was this paper clip bouncing up and down on the floor. Then they were running from water that should have been running from bow to stern, yet they were running stern to bow. Plus the water entering the boat would have been about 38 degrees Farenheit, the dude would have died when he was chained to the post... We can keep going on. God I hated that flick....

This one seemed much the same to me. Less mistakes, but then it is hard to make mistakes when filming huge vistas... boring as hell though...

I think the brokeback mt. story had more depth to it.

It was less HOLLYWOOD, less glamor and stuff.

To me the deeper message to Brokeback Mt. was that love is a strong force of nature and if you fight it, in any of its manisfestations, you are likely to come out the looser. Sorta like if you try to swim up streem in a fast streem you are going to loose.

I think it was supposed to make us think it was deep because it was about gay people. However it was no more deep than "The Piano", which was also an extremely boring flick... "Forbidden Love" flick that easily fit in the same cut and paste storyline of any other Forbidden Love flick... It was why I believed it to be one of the more boring flicks I have ever seen.

Titanic was more silly and frivilous.

It was a sieze the day story wraped up in Hollywood glam and without much of a twist to it.

For a seize the day story I perfer Dead Poets Society.

I think it was supposed to make us think it was deep because it was about gay people. However it was no more deep than "The Piano", which was also an extremely boring flick... "Forbidden Love" flick that easily fit in the same cut and paste storyline of any other Forbidden Love flick... It was why I believed it to be one of the more boring flicks I have ever seen.

I saw depth in the Paino. TO me Brokeback Mt. had nuthing to do with the gayness, except that was the twist on the forbidden love.

Part of the depth was the tie in, at least to me, to the sceens of nature. The mountans were built by foces of nature that are as strong as love. You cant stop a mountan from growing much like you cant stop love from existing. It was about love being a foce of nature, that is why the nature sceens were essential to the story.

I still think "The Notebook" was the most romantic movie I've ever seen. Now that was powerful!

I still think "The Notebook" was the most romantic movie I've ever seen. Now that was powerful!

I found The Notebook entertaining and hartwarming... but it was a bit too sugary for my taste. It pulled on the hartstrings too hard, almost desperatly!

I saw depth in the Paino. TO me Brokeback Mt. had nuthing to do with the gayness, except that was the twist on the forbidden love.

Part of the depth was the tie in, at least to me, to the sceens of nature. The mountans were built by foces of nature that are as strong as love. You cant stop a mountan from growing much like you cant stop love from existing. It was about love being a foce of nature, that is why the nature sceens were essential to the story.
I don't think it added any more depth than any other Forbidden Love flick. It's like reading another Margeret Weiss and Tracy Hickman book, they all follow the exact same pattern... If you like them you can look past that, if you don't then you really can't and the movie becomes extremely boring. If you have some sort of personal experience it might effect you more... But usually these films are too alike for me to find any real "depth" in them.

I don't think it added any more depth than any other Forbidden Love flick. It's like reading another Margeret Weiss and Tracy Hickman book, they all follow the exact same pattern... If you like them you can look past that, if you don't then you really can't and the movie becomes extremely boring. If you have some sort of personal experience it might effect you more... But usually these films are too alike for me to find any real "depth" in them.

Well I think differently... I like the new way of telling an old story. You are right new telling of old stories in different ways brings in new people who identify with it more. However I could still enjoy a story that I cant identify with.

I enjoyed the film, "long time companion" (to stick with the gay theem) but I have never lost someone I loved (in that way) and I have never had AIDS nor at the time did I think I knew anyone with AIDS.

I thought there was a new element of depth to Brokeback Mt. but clearly it was an old story retold. I just like the unique way it was retold. Romeo and Juliet was about fiuding families, Guess whos comming to dinner was about racial barriors, and brokeback Mt. was about gay love, Lolita was about age discrepancy and relationship barriors, I am sure there are more... All end in trajety to some level or another...

I found The Notebook entertaining and hartwarming... but it was a bit too sugary for my taste. It pulled on the hartstrings too hard, almost desperatly!

It definitely did. But I thought it was done very tastefully. That was true unconditional love & sacrifice at its finest. What was the most romantic movie you've ever seen?

It is normal for a certian percentage of people in any population to be mentally retarded, intelectually superior, blond, red headed, tall, short, gay, stright, a-sexual and such...

Now I would not call those people abnormal.

Klaatu, you have said being gay is not normal... is that in the same sense as priests are not normal for abstaining?

No ...I think its abnormal for someone to abstain from Sex with the opposite sex....

jarod... you and your leftwing cohorts attempts at trying to portray me as some out of step right wing zealot homophobe aint working. I am simply of the opinion that Homosexuality is not normal... just as any other behavior where less than 7% of the human population is concerned. look up the definition of Normal and Abnormal.

Since 3 to 7% of the population is homosexual.... it is logical to say that they are out of the norm.... in other words abnormal. Is it a bad thing? No of course not.... human sexuality is a private behavior and should not be placed on equal footing to race or gender. What two consenting adults do is not my business.... but Im not going to sit back and agree that a man sticking his penis in another mans ass is normal behavior.

It is a biblical sin thing and fear Klaatu.
I particularally like the Leviticus scripture that says to stone your wife to death for infidelity....

This is a perfect example of how dangerous a term "normal" can be. Under the guidelines above, it is abnormal to drive a Honda, vote independent or work in a soup kitchen.

In the case of homosexuality, it is just a distinction used by bigots & homophobes to justify their ignorance.

No ...I think its abnormal for someone to abstain from Sex with the opposite sex....

jarod... you and your leftwing cohorts attempts at trying to portray me as some out of step right wing zealot homophobe aint working. I am simply of the opinion that Homosexuality is not normal... just as any other behavior where less than 7% of the human population is concerned. look up the definition of Normal and Abnormal.

Since 3 to 7% of the population is homosexual.... it is logical to say that they are out of the norm.... in other words abnormal. Is it a bad thing? No of course not.... human sexuality is a private behavior and should not be placed on equal footing to race or gender. What two consenting adults do is not my business.... but Im not going to sit back and agree that a man sticking his penis in another mans ass is normal behavior.

I dont care if you call it normal or abnormal as long as you agree its not a bad thing!

Back