saw brokeback mountain tonight on HBO 4 star movie

This is a perfect example of how dangerous a term "normal" can be. Under the guidelines above, it is abnormal to drive a Honda, vote independent or work in a soup kitchen.

In the case of homosexuality, it is just a distinction used by bigots & homophobes to justify their ignorance.

ROTFLMAO, its "abnormal" to drive a Honda according to Klaatu's belifes.

It definitely did. But I thought it was done very tastefully. That was true unconditional love & sacrifice at its finest. What was the most romantic movie you've ever seen?

I dont know... Id have to think about that. I enjoyed, A Room With A View.

I really like most kinds of movies. Some fantasy movies I find booring, otherwise I am into all kinds.

I like movies from Star Wars to Pulp Fiction to The Notebook to Brokeback Mountan.

ROTFLMAO, its "abnormal" to drive a Honda according to Klaatu's belifes.
And grossly abnormal to drive a Hummer. Actually, I kind of like that one. :D

Klaatu is, I think, both right and wrong. He's grammatically and logically correct: that is the strict definition of the word "abnormal" after all. OTOH, the word has certain emotional overtones in the vernacular which probably aren't apt to the subject.

Or he could be just yanking chains. :cool:

best movie ever... no wonder holyrollers were pissed..

things i liked about the movie

1. first and foremost topping the list--they show jake naked they don't show frontal, but they show his chest, back and ass

but anyways there were also some parts that were really kinda hot... i wish i stared in that movie, but anyways

people like klaatu and other holyrollers dont' want to see this movie b/c it makes gay people appear human, they like to keep us down like we are subhuman, so when a movie like this comes along they get really ripped.

basically its almost as true life as it gets.... i guess you really couldn't be yourself back then if you were gay, so people got married and shit... i thought jake looked good til he pulled an adam and grew a stash, then i was kinda whatever but i was pulled in at that point.... anyways i don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to see it, but it was really good. and could happen...

I went to see it with my best friend when it first came out. We both cried like babies at the end of it. It was a great movie.

I tried to watch Bore-Back Mountain but it was fricking so damned boring I couldn't stop from falling asleep.

In conclusion, it must be a gay thing.

No, I'm not gay, and I was very moved by it and not at all bored. It was a completely universal story. Two people who are in love, and for whatever reason, can't be together.

No, I'm not gay, and I was very moved by it and not at all bored. It was a completely universal story. Two people who are in love, and for whatever reason, can't be together.
It is, however, a <*shudder*> chick flick. I've now tried to watch it and, while my reaction wasn't as pronounced as Damo's, my wife and I came to the same conclusion. Chick flick all the way.

Okay, sometimes one can be in the mood for a chick flick. This is okay: it happens.

;)

that was the shirt he was looking for after all those years right???

question though, did he die by the flat tire, or did he get his ass kicked by a bunch of guys in a field?? i was confused,

and i didn't like that he was seeing that other guy in TX i thought he only liked heath... i dunno

I don't think you were supposed to know how he really died. It could have happened either way, that's the way I took it.

And as for him being with the other guy, he says, very movingly I thought, that he had lived all those years without what he needed. What did he need? Human affection. It's like, say a man and a woman are in a marriage, and one of them never touches the other, or only touches them once a year (which is how often I think they met in this movie). Eventually, the person who wants to be touched will look elsewhere. Human beings need affection. It's just a basic human need, and I think moreso even than sex. We need to be touched affectionately, hugged, held.

Damo, you really must have fallen asleep at this one. They showed him getting beaten to death...there was absolutely nothing ambiguous about it.

No, they showed it only through Heath Ledger's imagining of it. That's the way I took it. But maybe I'm wrong.

It is, however, a <*shudder*> chick flick. I've now tried to watch it and, while my reaction wasn't as pronounced as Damo's, my wife and I came to the same conclusion. Chick flick all the way.

Okay, sometimes one can be in the mood for a chick flick. This is okay: it happens.

;)

Well, I am a chick. So I can't really judge that. :)

I was talking about that same feeling among men. Did you honestly think it was the "Best Movie Ever" as the originator titled it?

Boreback Monotonous was just another chick flick... Same story different way.

Back