Shoud this gay molester escape jail?

Shoud this gay molester escape jail?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I respectfully decline. I have no reason to discuss my private life in this context.

An adult raped a child. She should pay. Some people think she should not. That's the issue.

Could it be that you lost it when you were young? That many people lost their virginity when they were young....perhaps even under the age of consent? This is not "Molestation" or "rape". This was a consensual relationship where one of the parties was too young to give consent and the other had her 18th birthday at point in the relationship.

It's a case of statutory rape...plain and simple. And yes, she is guilty and should be punished....just like you or would is we had a HS girlfriend who was younger and we turned 18 and the parents of the girl wanted to make a stink about it.

But she is not a sexual predator, she's not a "child molester", nor is she a rapist in the classical sense of the word.

Stop treating this young person as a monster who will be a lifelong threat to other girls.

But she is not a sexual predator, she's not a "child molester", nor is she a rapist in the classical sense of the word. Stop treating this young person as a monster who will be a lifelong threat to other girls.

She can't control her urges, can she?

Soon she will be registered as what she is under the law, so other parents will know where she is.

Parents-of-Kaitlyn-Hunt%E2%80%99s-alleged-victim-screenshot.jpg

The parents of a Florida teen told CNN on Friday they had no choice but to contact police about their daughter’s lesbian relationship with an older girl.

Kaitlyn Hunt, 18, was arrested in February on two counts of lewd or lascivious battery on child — a statutory rape charge — because of her lesbian relationship with a freshman classmate, who was 14 years old. The alleged victim’s parents say Hunt knew the relationship was inappropriate, but refused to break it off.

“We had actually told Miss Hunt that this was wrong,” the alleged victim’s mother told CNN.

“We had no alternative but to turn to the law and use it as basically a last resort,” the alleged victim’s father added.

Kaitlyn’s parents have blamed the arrest of their daughter on the alleged victim’s “bigoted” parents.

“We would not be here if the parents were not bigoted. To take it criminally I feel like they’re using the age law to pursue their agenda,” Kelly Hunt Smith told CNN.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/25/parents-of-kaitlyn-hunts-alleged-victim-we-had-no-choice-but-to-report-lesbian-relationship/

IT should not be illegal, not for gay people and not for straight people. If kids are in school together they are very likely to hook up.

The fact that its two women should not enter the equation. I was sleeping with a 14 year old girl when I was 18.
Are you completely insane?

Defendant doesn't deny the charges.

Under Florida law (cited above) she committed a felony.

Yet liberals want to give her a pass.

Why?

This liberal does not want to give her a pass. While I do feel these laws are in need of reform (specifically, for cases involving young people), the law is the law. If it were an 18-year-old man instead of a young woman, there wouldn't be any controversy.

This liberal does not want to give her a pass. While I do feel these laws are in need of reform (specifically, for cases involving young people), the law is the law. If it were an 18-year-old man instead of a young woman, there wouldn't be any controversy.

IT should not be illegal, not for gay people and not for straight people. If kids are in school together they are very likely to hook up. The fact that its two women should not enter the equation. I was sleeping with a 14 year old girl when I was 18.

My morality is not defined by Florida Statutes.

Two people of similar intellect and level of development who have sex does not make one of them a child molester. I'm willing to bet that a huge percentage of people who were having sex when they became biologically ready were breaking this law at one time or another. I would not call this 18 year old girl a child molester, just like I was not a child molester.

1) Again, the law is not my moral authority. My morality comes from a higher source.

I have an elected position, I'm glad that issue never came up in the campaign.

I would not want that issue to come up because many disagree with me and might not vote for me, even though it had nothing to do with my position.

Jarod, if at 18 you had the same maturity and insight and ability to understand the ramifications of sex as a 14 year old, pretty sad.

As an 18 year old, you should have waited at least 4 years. 22 and 18 isn't so out of whack. 18 and 14 is.

This is not "Molestation" or "rape". This was a consensual relationship where one of the parties was too young to give consent and the other had her 18th birthday at point in the relationship. But she is not a sexual predator, she's not a "child molester", nor is she a rapist in the classical sense of the word. Stop treating this young person as a monster who will be a lifelong threat to other girls.

Hunt doesn't want to pay for a relationship that, in her opinion, was not wrong. "I'm scared of not being able to be around kids."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/14/justice/florida-teen-sex-case/?iref=obnetwork

The lesbian molester took a plea deal:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fla-teen-accepts-plea-deal-underage-sex-case-20459698

Well, to be perfectly honest, there were plenty of 14-year-olds I would have happily banged when I was eighteen. Perhaps I was a pervert. At any rate, I also knew right from wrong, and I knew there is a reason these laws are on the books.

Not really all that strange for seniors to date freshmen. And these days, they have sex. Consensual sex. The law (which determines who can give consent) seems to ignore 'reality' here. Can 2 14 yr olds legally have sex?

If not, who gets prosecuted and why?

Not really all that strange for seniors to date freshmen. And these days, they have sex. Consensual sex. The law (which determines who can give consent) seems to ignore 'reality' here. Can 2 14 yr olds legally have sex? If not, who gets prosecuted and why?

An 18-year-old adult cannot legally have sex with a minor in Florida.

Back