Should JPP limit the number of sock accounts a member has?

Should posters be limited to two posting accounts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're on ignore Yurt, and wasting your time. To be back here I'm weeding out certain things.

If this is you ignoring Butthurt Yurt then you really suck at it

You two should just come out and accept your homo love for each other, fuck and get it over with

It's always amusing when ppl who have more than one account want to call for a ban on socks, don't you think? Not naming names here but.... you know who you are. lol

Really, who gives a fk? If you don't like what someone -- new or old -- says.... just keep on scrolling. Put 'em on ignore. Disregard what they said. If you like what they say, then agree and add your own two cents.

I've never understood the obsession that some have with labeling other ppl as socks, as if that somehow gives them some sekrit powerz and knowledge that no one else has. It's as though they have a burning desire to belong to some exclusive club, and must identify and reject any newbies who smell suspicious. It's especially hilarious when the SockHunters are fairly new themselves and aren't really part of the forum because they prefer to lurk in their special safe houses.

OK I see your side now please explain why anyone needs more than one account. Sock accounts can and have been used to smear people or to skew a poll. They have also been used to get around thread bans which is against the rules. And lastly they have been used to verify claims.

Last edited:
OK I see your side now please explain why anyone needs more than one account. Sock accounts can and have been used to smear people or to skew a poll. They have also been used to get around thread bans which is against the rules. And lastly they have been used to verify claims.

What do you mean by "verify claims"? I don't know why you would need a sock to smear someone. I have seen where socks were used to bypass thread bans. It happened on Jade's Recipe Exchange, for one example.

I don't know if or why anyone needs more than one account. Mostly, as I voted in the poll, I don't care. The game of trying to figure out if a new person is really new or a sock isn't as much fun for me as it is for some. In addition, some feel a need to insist that so-and-so has a dozen socks, some of which were permabanned, so that means that the mods are idiots and have two sets of rules because they won't ban *all* the alleged socks and the alleged sock-maker too. No doubt you've noticed that before, eh? lol

What do you mean by "verify claims"? I don't know why you would need a sock to smear someone. I have seen where socks were used to bypass thread bans. It happened on Jade's Recipe Exchange, for one example.

I don't know if or why anyone needs more than one account. Mostly, as I voted in the poll, I don't care. The game of trying to figure out if a new person is really new or a sock isn't as much fun for me as it is for some. In addition, some feel a need to insist that so-and-so has a dozen socks, some of which were permabanned, so that means that the mods are idiots and have two sets of rules because they won't ban *all* the alleged socks and the alleged sock-maker too. No doubt you've noticed that before, eh? lol

I have had several supposed people who turned out to be socks attack me on another forum (not Amazon), which I don't post at any longer as it had cliques and if you weren't part of one you were attacked from both sides.

As far as deleting socks I don't understand how the mods determine which socks stay and which go.

I have had several supposed people who turned out to be socks attack me on another forum (not Amazon), which I don't post at any longer as it had cliques and if you weren't part of one you were attacked from both sides.

As far as deleting socks I don't understand how the mods determine which socks stay and which go.
Keep in mind, it's just the one group with the wretched excess multiple socks...
(Different mods, different determinations/results when it comes to some deletions....)

I don't either. My understanding about bans though is if you get banned for something like a 12b, then your socks are inactivated too -- assuming that they're aware of them of course. Thankfully we have ppl here who have dedicated their lives to sock sniffing, so the mods have snitches to help them out. A lot of ppl say they go by IP address, so they would know if one of the snitches tells them that (for example) Jack is still posting with a sock acct., to zap that one too if the IPs match.

Someone's trying to mess with you. I for a fact know this one is not you, although you do have quite a few. I mean the join date is 2007. Were you even on Amazon that early?

The date just means that's when The Anonymous was added to the forum. Anybody can post as Anonymous if you check the little box at the bottom of your reply.

Keep in mind, it's just the one group with the wretched excess multiple socks.... Of course they're all going to chime in...(and they are;)
(Different mods, different determinations/results when it comes to some deletions....)

I don't either. My understanding about bans though is if you get banned for something like a 12b, then your socks are inactivated too -- assuming that they're aware of them of course. Thankfully we have ppl here who have dedicated their lives to sock sniffing, so the mods have snitches to help them out. A lot of ppl say they go by IP address, so they would know if one of the snitches tells them that (for example) Jack is still posting with a sock acct., to zap that one too if the IPs match.

Posting with a sock while banned probably would be a primaban

I, MASON, just want to know why you don't let everyone know that I'm really "Mr. Owl" and stop acting like I'm no one?

Back