Sin

Oh no, the "jump around in joy" part is definitely a thing.
in your imagination I'm sure it is.......get over yourself......

all of these threads are started by atheists who want to proclaim their superiority over anyone who believes in any religion......for myself I'm content to ignore you and forget you even exist..........I'll just live my life, go on to heaven and never give a second thought to you idiots spending eternity in hell for making bad choices.......

I was a very "devout" Catholic...and when the change came, my considerations of adopting atheism was very negative. I simply decided to acknowledge that I do not know. And the notion of trashing religion never was very big with me. I DO NOT KNOW. There may be more right about religious thoughts than atheistic thoughts. There may be almost nothing right about religious thoughts.

Who knows. I KNOW that I do not KNOW.
I also do not know if any god exists.

In the case of the Christian god, there is ZERO evidence that kind of god exists. ZERO. So, for that description of a god, I do not believe it exists.

I’m always open to someone, ANYONE, to show me otherwise. I’ve read and listened to many apologetics, but they are unconvincing. Their god remains hidden. To them. To everyone.

Oh no, the "jump around in joy" part is definitely a thing. IT's why so many "pious" people like you fantasize about Judgement Day and threaten non-believers literally all the time with it.

You can't fantasize enough about people who don't believe what you do getting their "Comeuppance". LOL. That much is OBVIOUS.
“You’ll see on judgement day” is what is called a thought-terminating cliché”. It’s used when the person has no intelligent response. A theological “Oh Yeah!?”

in your imagination I'm sure it is.......get over yourself......

all of these threads are started by atheists who want to proclaim their superiority over anyone who believes in any religion......for myself I'm content to ignore you and forget you even exist..........I'll just live my life, go on to heaven and never give a second thought to you idiots spending eternity in hell for making bad choices.......
People who call others “cunts” don’t go to heaven.

When he was a child, PMP prayed to his god for a bike. He was told, “That’s not how God works”.

So, he stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

“You’ll see on judgement day” is what is called a thought-terminating cliché”. It’s used when the person has no intelligent response. A theological “Oh Yeah!?”
“Religion as Conversation-stopper,” in Philosophy and Social Hope, by Richard Rorty.

Rorty is correct. As soon as someone says they are religious, there is nothing further to talk about.

You don't have to publicly agree with me. You and I both know you get a little "charge" out of fantasizing what your God will do to people like me. ;)
no......if you weren't posting stupid things here I wouldn't even know you existed.....and when I'm not pointing out the stupid things you people say I don't give a fuck whether you exist or not....

When he was a child, PMP prayed to his god for a bike. He was told, “That’s not how God works”.

So, he stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
actually I asked my parents for a bike and I got one.....did your parents say no?.......is that why you rejected their religion?

actually I asked my parents for a bike and I got one.....did your parents say no?.......is that why you rejected their religion?

I love how you "Christians" always need to feel that someone's turn to atheism MUST be simple and venal. Apparently you have a toddler's transactional view of religion if you can't possibly understand anyone not believing as you do.

Many of us became atheists after a long and grueling examination of our faith. Something I suspect you have never undertaken.

I get it: Jesus told you to come to him as a child so you decided not to bother thinking about what it is you believe, you just believe it because someone told you to believe it. Good for you. Enjoy your faith.

And maybe, just maybe, try understanding what other people tell you about their philosophy rather than simply assuming (wrongly) based on your own limitations.

Back