Sin

well it certainly isn't you. Do you read what you post and your constant name calling and attempts to belittle people. That is not Christ like. I hope you are smart enough to realize that.
sorry....for the life of me I cannot imagine why you think you shouldn't be belittled........you are totally brainless......

There are laws on the books since the 1980s that allow inventors and developers of products to get royalties, up to a certain amount, after the government grants licenses.

Got a problem with that? I don’t. Write your fucking congressman if you do.
yes.

when government money is used for research the royalties should be owned by the people.

Obtenebrator is a hate troll. He deliberately lies just to spew hatred.

Everyone knows what you are, Hume/BidenPresident. All you ever do is come on these threads and shit on them telling everyone who will listen how little you care about the topic.

That is pretty much the definition of a troll.

On this thread alone I've made more substantive contributions than you ever will. Same with most threads where you come on and spew your trollishness.

If you honestly can't see this....GET HELP.

????....don't you find that conflicts with your previous claims to be an atheist (which already conflicted with your claims to be agnostic).........

A) I NEVER claimed to be an agnostic
B) I see no problem with being an atheist after being a Christian. (It is not uncommon)

Please do try to keep up or at least be honest.

yes.

when government money is used for research the royalties should be owned by the people.

It is often that way. When I was a postdoc for the dept of Agriculture one of our requirements was that any patents we got were made freely available or at low cost license to agricultural interests.

There are laws on the books since the 1980s that allow inventors and developers of products to get royalties, up to a certain amount, after the government grants licenses.

Depending on the employment contract. In industry it is EXTREMELY common for inventors to, as a condition of employment, to sign away their "assignment" rights to the IP.

yes.

The government rakes in hundreds of millions when they issue licenses for the products. The vast majority of the money goes back into research and the institutions themselves. The royalties are a minor part of that.

The “people” aren’t the ones inventing the product, moron.

Depending on the employment contract. In industry it is EXTREMELY common for inventors to, as a condition of employment, to sign away their "assignment" rights to the IP.
The employment contract, by law, says they are entitled to a certain amount of royalties.

The government rakes in hundreds of millions when they issue licenses for the products. The vast majority of the money goes back into research and the institutions themselves. The royalties are a minor part of that.

The “people” aren’t the ones inventing the product, moron.
the people are the investors and owners.

the inventors are employees.

A) I NEVER claimed to be an agnostic
B) I see no problem with being an atheist after being a Christian. (It is not uncommon)

Please do try to keep up or at least be honest.
I expect almost all the atheists who "used to be" Christians were actually never Christians but simply grew up in their parents' church......and yes you called yourself an atheist but stated the beliefs of an agnostic because you were as ignorant of atheist beliefs as you were about Christianity......

The employment contract, by law, says they are entitled to a certain amount of royalties.

In the US the law allows for employees to sign away all their "assignment" rights (including any royalties). It is extremely common. In all my jobs in industry I've had to sign such a term of employment.

I believe in some other countries they may have different laws regarding that (Germany, I think has some weirdness related to inventorship, but I'm not that familiar with the EU.)

Back