Sin

Your article is about malaria vaccine in monkeys and ethical treatment of animals, dumbfuck. The other reference is something about royalties for licensing of some sort. Not a word about lockdowns.

Fuck man. Give it up.
and they got royalties for recent products as well, including the COVID vaccine.

We've only just begun to live
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way

Interesting thread. It went apeshit almost immediately. Congratulations to the usual suspects for their involvement.

Anyway...SIN is just something that offends someone's god. If it has anything to do with morality, utility, or anything else...that relationship is incidental. The essential element is that it offends the god of the individual who considers it a sin.

If it happens that there are no gods...there is no SIN. If, in fact, there is at least one god...then anything that offends that god (or any others that might exist) is a sin...which means that if some gods are offended by "x" and other gods not offended..."x" is, for some, a sin and for others not a sin.

Hell of a concept!
what a convenient made up distinction with no difference.

its funny there ends up being so much overlap between basic morality and 'sinning'.

I know you don't believe in morality either, when it comes down to it..

you're doing that masonic "keep religion crazy" thing I always reference.
:truestory:

If it happens that there are no gods...there is no SIN. If, in fact, there is at least one god...then anything that offends that god (or any others that might exist) is a sin...which means that if some gods are offended by "x" and other gods not offended..."x" is, for some, a sin and for others not a sin.

Hell of a concept!
to be fair, if it is true that there IS a God and he deems something to be a sin, isn't it obviously a sin also for those who have chosen not to believe in him........especially if one of the 'sins' is "believe in me and me alone"?.........

sin /sēn, sĭn/

abbreviation​

1. Sine.

noun​

1. One of the two forms of the 21st letter of the Hebrew alphabet, distinguished from the letter shin by having a dot above the left side of the letter.
  2. A transgression of a religious or moral law, especially when deliberate.

but here you are doing word games again.

morals and sins are both outlines for behavior. they can be considered the same on that functional basis.

you just want to destroy humanity with human on human predation, more deep state devilry.

and they got royalties for recent products as well, including the COVID vaccine.

We've only just begun to live
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way
There are laws on the books since the 1980s that allow inventors and developers of products to get royalties, up to a certain amount, after the government grants licenses.

Got a problem with that? I don’t. Write your fucking congressman if you do.

Interesting thread. It went apeshit almost immediately. Congratulations to the usual suspects for their involvement.

Anyway...SIN is just something that offends someone's god. If it has anything to do with morality, utility, or anything else...that relationship is incidental. The essential element is that it offends the god of the individual who considers it a sin.

Hell of a concept!
I wonder how an omni-everything god gets offended. Must be an emotional fuck.

Hell of a concept!
I think the word sin is used broadly enough in English that is can include any moral outage that shocks the human conscience.

why is it the only fuckwits who accuse me of mocking Christianity are the people who don't believe in it........

Or the people who actually know real Christians and can tell you by the fruit you bear (that's a Bible reference because you probably didn't catch it)

Most atheists used to be Christians and they left because they see how hypocritical and disgusting this new version on christianity is today. BTW @PostmodernProphet you are supposed to bring people to Christ with your words, not make them run away. You are doing it wrong.

I think the word sin is used broadly enough in English that is can include any moral outage that shocks the human conscience.
Thank you for sharing what you think about that, but I think that the word "sin" in the sentence "I think it is a sin that she wears that color so often" is not meant., even in a broad sense, the say "sin" is being discussed here in the Religion section of this forum.

I understand what you mean, though, and would like to consider any use of the word "sin" that you consider a "...moral out(r)age that shocks the human conscience"...that is not something that offends a god.

Thank you for sharing what you think about that, but I think that the word "sin" in the sentence "I think it is a sin that she wears that color so often" is not meant., even in a broad sense, the say "sin" is being discussed here in the Religion section of this forum.

I understand what you mean, though, and would like to consider any use of the word "sin" that you consider a "...moral out(r)age that shocks the human conscience"...that is not something that offends a god.
I agree the word sin has a Christian legacy.

I don't think there is terribly much practical distinction between a divine moral law, and a universal moral law that exists above the legislation of men and the whims of kings. The declaration of independence, the universal rights of man, and the universal declaration of human rights all are premised on the condition that there is a natural moral law that exists regardless of the whims and practices of governments, kings, or dictators.

The seven deadly sins have made it's way into our secular vernacular language for a very good reason: they make a shit load of sense in terms of right action and right thought.

Back