Sin

I can’t answer that. What I said were the STORIES. Ones that may be used to teach lessons rather than be textually accurate. Not unlike Aesop’s Fables.
All of Christianity is a story. Not sure what you are referring to.

Cypress thinks it is impossible for a society to have morality unless it is based in religion.
Nope, never said that.

I have said that over two thousand years of civilization, the values of Christianity, Judaism, Bhuddism, Hinduism became secularized to an extent so people practice them even when the religious context and language is stripped away.

Atheism doesn't have a consensus of a universal canon of ethics, literature, art, and poetry that transmits an established ethical framework people are expected to aspire to. Very few people have read Nietzsche, Sarte, Heidegger and base their values on their books.

Nope, never said that.

I have said that over two thousand years of civilization, the values of Christianity, Judaism, Bhuddism, Hinduism became secularized to an extent so people practice them even when the religious context and language is stripped away.

Atheism doesn't have a consensus of a universal canon of ethics, literature, art, and poetry that transmits an established ethical framework people are expected to aspire to. Very few people have read Nietzsche, Sarte, Heidegger and base their values on their books.
Look, I fundamentally disagree with most of what you say. Not worth debating.

Government always uses advisors for many things. Pretty common around the world from the beginning of time.
ok. but complete deference to the said advisor is actual control.

fauci was saying "i am the science".

even though science is not silencing dissenting voices while being on the take from big pharma. as fauci was.

Cypress is a religious obsessive who claims to not be religious. Hard to take him seriously.
The most mild mannered and impartial historian will say Christianity had a vast influence on western values, art, literature, education, ethics.

There's no profit in denying that.

This thread is about human values and ethics.

If you want to start a thread about the crimes of the church, feel free to start a thread on the Salem witch trials or the 30 years war. I know a bit about them.

ok. but complete deference to the said advisor is actual control.

fauci was saying "i am the science".

even though science is not silencing dissenting voices while being on the take from big pharma. as fauci was.
I don't give a shit about Fauci. And really don't give a shit about this whole thing.

The most mild mannered and impartial historian will say Christianity had a vast influence on western values, art, literature, education, ethics.

There's no profit in denying that.

This thread is about human values and ethics.

If you want to start a thread about the crimes of the church, feel free to start a thread on the Salem witch trials or the 30 years war. I know a bit about them.
You're dope.

Believe what you want. Santa Claus. The Easter Bunny. Whatever.

There was nothing for public health officials to gain from lockdowns. Not one fucking thing.
the lockdowns consolidated the market in the hands of the largest retailers, who could still operate.

pure fortune 500 fascism play.

and a fuck you to actual 'mom and pop' businesses.

Nope, never said that.

so you also believe that there is something about religions worth preserving.

what is that thing?

so you also believe that there is something about religions worth preserving.

what is that thing?

No, you are missing the point. Cypress got to list a series of philosophers he's read in order to show you how smart he is. THAT was the point.

Obviously there are good teachings in the Bible (along with some really bad stuff) and those good things are worthy of cleaving to. Things like "Forgiveness" (again, something Cypress definitely DOES NOT DO) and "love of your enemy" and care for the poor etc.

Back