States Rights Uproar Deja Vu All over again?

"Q: The types of firearms that must be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record are defined in the NFA and 27 CFR, Part 479. What are some examples?
Some examples of the types of firearms that must be registered are:
Machine guns;
The frames or receivers of machine guns;
Any combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting weapons into machine guns;
Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for converting a weapon into a machine gun;
Any combination of parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if the parts are in the possession or under the control of a person;
Silencers and any part designed and intended for fabricating a silencer;
Short-barreled rifles;
Short-barreled shotguns;
Destructive devices; and,
“Any other weapon.”
A few examples of destructive devices are:
Molotov cocktails;
Anti-tank guns (over caliber .50);
Bazookas; and,
Mortars.
A few examples of “any other weapon” are:
H&R Handyguns;
Ithaca Auto-Burglar guns;
Cane guns; and,
Gadget-type firearms and “pen” guns which fire a projectile by the action of an explosive.
[26 U.S.C. 5845]

Q: How can an individual legally acquire NFA firearms?
Basically, there are 2 ways that an individual (who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local law from receiving or possessing firearms) may legally acquire NFA firearms:
By transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee.
By obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms.

[27 CFR 479.62-66 and 479.84-86]"

Billy asked Desh to name one firearm he cannot legally own. Thus far, neither you nor Desh have provided him with one.

Take up your bitch with Desh with Desh. I just cited the law that prohibits Billy from owning an operative destructive device, I.e., a cannon.

Take up your bitch with Desh with Desh. I just cited the law that prohibits Billy from owning an operative destructive device, I.e., a cannon.

No you didn't. You showed that they would be classified as "Destructive Devices" and would have to be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record. That does not mean Billy could not own one. The next question from your own link was Q: How can an individual legally acquire NFA firearms?"

And the answer is:

"Basically, there are 2 ways that an individual (who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local law from receiving or possessing firearms) may legally acquire NFA firearms:
By transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee.
By obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms."

So Billy could, providing he is not prohibited from legally owning firearms, own a "Destructive Device" that would have to be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record.

Q: What is an unserviceable firearm?
An unserviceable firearm is defined as one which is incapable of discharging a shot by means of an explosive and which is incapable of being readily restored to a firing condition.
An acceptable method of rendering most firearms unserviceable is to fusion weld the chamber closed and fusion weld the barrel solidly to the frame. Certain unusual firearms require other methods to render the firearms unserviceable.
An unserviceable NFA firearm is still subject to the controls of the NFA, but may be transferred tax free as a curio or ornament.
[26 U.S.C. 5845(h) and 5852, 27 CFR 479.11and 479.91]

"Q: The types of firearms that must be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record are defined in the NFA and 27 CFR, Part 479. What are some examples?
Some examples of the types of firearms that must be registered are:
Machine guns;
The frames or receivers of machine guns;
Any combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting weapons into machine guns;
Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for converting a weapon into a machine gun;
Any combination of parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if the parts are in the possession or under the control of a person;
Silencers and any part designed and intended for fabricating a silencer;
Short-barreled rifles;
Short-barreled shotguns;
Destructive devices; and,
“Any other weapon.”
A few examples of destructive devices are:
Molotov cocktails;
Anti-tank guns (over caliber .50);
Bazookas; and,
Mortars.
A few examples of “any other weapon” are:
H&R Handyguns;
Ithaca Auto-Burglar guns;
Cane guns; and,
Gadget-type firearms and “pen” guns which fire a projectile by the action of an explosive.
[26 U.S.C. 5845]

Q: How can an individual legally acquire NFA firearms?
Basically, there are 2 ways that an individual (who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local law from receiving or possessing firearms) may legally acquire NFA firearms:
By obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms.

[27 CFR 479.62-66 and 479.84-86]"

There is a 3rd method actually. You can obtain a 'sporting exemption' from the ATF which precludes it from being classified as a DD. This is how shotguns for example are purchased (caliber over .50).

No you didn't. You showed that they would be classified as "Destructive Devices" and would have to be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record. That does not mean Billy could not own one. The next question from your own link was Q: How can an individual legally acquire NFA firearms?"

And the answer is:

"Basically, there are 2 ways that an individual (who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local law from receiving or possessing firearms) may legally acquire NFA firearms:
By obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms."

So Billy could, providing he is not prohibited from legally owning firearms, own a "Destructive Device" that would have to be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record.

WB. You're parsing words ala' USF which make you no better than him. Billy can own all the fucking tanks he wants as long as the firing mechanism is inoperative and he pays the taxes. Period. It still won't make his dick any bigger nor make him a man.

If you can prove otherwise, be my guest. I have no intention of going through words games with you.

Demilling is common with US military equipment, firearm or otherwise. It is a law, but does not prohibit ownership. I could, if I were so inclined, and financially able, restore a tank to firing condition legally.

I missed this. Thank you for proving my point. Be sure to let us know when you demilitarize that cannon so we can have you shipped off to Guantanamo.

WB. You're parsing words ala' USF which make you no better than him. Billy can own all the fucking tanks he wants as long as the firing mechanism is inoperative and he pays the taxes. Period. It still won't make his dick any bigger nor make him a man.

If you can prove otherwise, be my guest. I have no intention of going through words games with you.

You can be as pissy as you want, but it doesn't change the facts.

If Billy gets the necessary paperwork, he can own items that are classified as "destructive devices". And in post #81, you stated "And yes. A tank is considered a destructive device.".

Now, if you want to continue the discussion, that is fine. If you want to pretend anyone here thinks their manliness is dependent on a firearm, you will just have to continue to imagine the conversation that would support such suppositions.

So you would decide this, not the gov't? Delusions of grandeur?

Who would get shipped off to gitmo for DEMILLING something? That's a standard procedure for....well a fuck ton of stuff. It's also usually easily reversible. I've reversed demilling on a few surplus drill rifles for example.

Who would get shipped off to gitmo for DEMILLING something? That's a standard procedure for....well a fuck ton of stuff. It's also usually easily reversible. I've reversed demilling on a few surplus drill rifles for example.

Of course you did. You're such a macho man!

Congrats on earning a groan. The guy with delusions of grandeur is the one who wants to own a tank.

Neither Billy nor I said anything about owning a tank. He simply challenged Desh (and anyone else) to show him a gun he could not legally own. So far no one has done so.

Your own attempts at tying his manliness (and mine as well) to the topic show your own issues and an inability to make your point.

But keep trying and maybe you will get beyond the "tiff" that put you in such a mood.

Whom? And how so?

don't mind me..I hate guns as much as.... (what do Mongols hate...? drafty yurts??)
:dunno:

I just despise ANY gun, seeing what the US has done to men of peace, like the 50th anniversary of JFK's MURDER this year (which I remember vividly)
and John Lennon/RFK/MLK, and hundreds of thousands of others........but i am ranting......

When I see "states rights" i think of the 10th amendment, which enumerates the facts the Fed's are restricted to the other enemerated right & powers.

I'm a big fan of federalism - the old kind, not just "marble cake" but even "dual" or "cooperative."

Not the garbage melding we have now with "new federalism" - even sounds like an Obama slogan...meaningless, trite, language spin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalism_in_the_United_States

don't mind me..I hate guns as much as.... (what do Mongols hate...? drafty yurts??)
:dunno:

I just despise ANY gun, seeing what the US has done to men of peace, like the 50th anniversary of JFK's MURDER this year (which I remember vividly)
and John Lennon/RFK/MLK, and hundreds of thousands of others........but i am ranting......

When I see "states rights" i think of the 10th amendment, which enumerates the facts the Fed's are restricted to the other enemerated right & powers.

I'm a big fan of federalism - the old kind, not just "marble cake" but even "dual" or "cooperative."

Not the garbage melding we have now with "new federalism" - even sounds like an Obama slogan...meaningless, trite, language spin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalism_in_the_United_States

You have a....interesting view of history if you think JFK was a man of peace.

Back