states where the most people go hungry

No poor person should ever buy chicken breast in any event, and certainly not the boneless, skinless variety that I assume SF prepares. Poor people should buy whole ckickens and break them down themselves. Whole chickens are a lot cheaper. And, hey, if Mom is too busy working two jobs, junior should learn how to break a chicken down and cook it.

In one of my previous lives I cooked many a chicken breast and you bake them for 45 mins. 40 if they are little smaller, 50 if a bit larger, but mostly 45 mins.

This is just a bunch of bullshit posted by a bunch of idiots and I really don't care if they douse their chicken in gasoline and set it on fire. Who cares.

No poor person should ever buy chicken breast in any event, and certainly not the boneless, skinless variety that I assume SF prepares. Poor people should buy whole ckickens and break them down themselves. Whole chickens are a lot cheaper. And, hey, if Mom is too busy working two jobs, junior should learn how to break a chicken down and cook it.

What are you thinking, DH??? They should raise the chickens in their living room, and kill them when they want one!

It's even cheaper to kill a pigeon!

What? 40-50 minutes? LMAO... thanks for confirming that you are a horrible cook. You don't put a chicken breast in the oven for 40-50 minutes. EVER.

At least three or four other people have affirmed that 40-50 minutes at 325 is a reasonable time for chicken breasts! So you're just pissing in the wind here Mr. Squeers. How many bowls of gruel was that again! One of two a day! Do you just mix the protein powder in with the gruel or do just serve it on the side and you eat it dry?

In one of my previous lives I cooked many a chicken breast and you bake them for 45 mins. 40 if they are little smaller, 50 if a bit larger, but mostly 45 mins.

This is just a bunch of bullshit posted by a bunch of idiots and I really don't care if they douse their chicken in gasoline and set it on fire. Who cares.

No, the bullshit is coming from you and your ilk... tell us again how the poor can only be happy if they get a big Mac...

I worry about SF now - he's going for food poisoning if he doesn't cook his chicken that long.

And no, the chicken doesn't dry out, SF, not if you do it right.

I cook them regularly for my husband who likes them on his Ceasar salad; it's what it takes.

Remember the William Shatner video re frying turkeys in oil? where a fire ensues? Maybe that's SF's method...

Again, I recommend Eirenreich's book "Nickel and Dimed in America" if anyone wants to find out what it's like being the working poor (without actually becoming one, that is)

At least three or four other people have affirmed that 40-50 minutes at 325 is a reasonable time for chicken breasts! So you're just pissing in the wind here Mr. Squeers. How many bowls of gruel was that again! One of two a day! Do you just mix the protein powder in with the gruel or do just serve it on the side and you eat it dry?

Yes, 3-4 idiots who decide to bake... no wonder liberals are so unproductive. Try grilling it in a skillet... 10-12 minutes.

Well, Superfreak likes to take his in enema form!

It's even cheaper to kill a pigeon!

I was at a homeless shelter yesterday and they had a sign outside of it that said, "Don't feed the pigeons." So evidently this is a relatively new notion. It could catch on I guess! I hear that pigeons are a little tough and stringy and don't taste like chicken.

No, the bullshit is coming from you and your ilk... tell us again how the poor can only be happy if they get a big Mac...

I never said that. I said that at the end of a day of actual labor, and feeling sheer exhaustion, choosing a Big Mac and fries, or some other fast meal is a very understandable choice.

Separately, I spoke of pleasure. Food does give pleasure, and can even give comfort. Certainly the working poor have far less of both those things in their lives than you do.

You are new to the board... I am poking fun at a friend I have known for about ten years...

You are new, so I understand how that looked to someone who doesn't know the players on the board.

Wow you really need to brush up on your math. Unless you knew each other long before you came to this board the most you could have possibly known her by my calculation is 6 years. So I guess you are at least a gross exaggerator or a really stupid little man who will say anything to justify your misogyny. You might also remember that there is that little "join date" at the top which shows just how long you may have known someone and how long you and they have been here! Now if you have known her since 2003 that would be ten years anything after that, not so much and not even close!

Wow you really need to brush up on your math. Unless you knew each other long before you came to this board the most you could have possibly known her by my calculation is 6 years. So I guess you are at least a gross exaggerator or a really stupid little man who will say anything to justify your misogyny. You might also remember that there is that little "join date" at the top which shows just how long you may have known someone and how long you and they have been here! Now if you have known her since 2003 that would be ten years anything after that, not so much and not even close!

There were predecessors to this board.

Look before you leap!

Also, too, welcome.

There were predecessors to this board.

Look before you leap!

Also, too, welcome.

I was on aol before this board though. I wasn't on politics.com. I did post on Full politics for a short time, but I never have been able to remember superfreak from there. The first time I became aware of supefreak was definitely on here - we got into a big fight because he said he admired Ronald Reagan for delaying the release of the hostages in order to beat Carter. I remember it very well. He had to apologize to me, the first of many apologies he's owed me.

DH, where were you before this? Were you on politics and fp?

Isn't it amazing how a thread about the poor and their inability to buy nutritious food quickly devolved into an overheated discussion of how long one should cook a chicken breast. How much more political can you be than that. Perhaps we can get Congress to pass a bill governing the cooking of chicken breasts, compliance will be voluntary of course. Who should we get to lobby for this thing. How about that ragin' cajun, James Carville. I think he is just the man to carry this to completion.

I was on aol before this board though. I wasn't on politics.com. I did post on Full politics for a short time, but I never have been able to remember superfreak from there. The first time I became aware of supefreak was definitely on here - we got into a big fight because he said he admired Ronald Reagan for delaying the release of the hostages in order to beat Carter. I remember it very well. He had to apologize to me, the first of many apologies he's owed me.

DH, where were you before this? Were you on politics and fp?

Yeah, I was on both politics.com and fp. I think I've always had the DH handle (except for here when I changed it a few times).

Isn't it amazing how a thread about the poor and their inability to buy nutritious food quickly devolved into an overheated discussion of how long one should cook a chicken breast. How much more political can you be than that. Perhaps we can get Congress to pass a bill governing the cooking of chicken breasts, compliance will be voluntary of course. Who should we get to lobby for this thing. How about that ragin' cajun, James Carville. I think he is just the man to carry this to completion.

Yes you've picked up on one of Superfreak's tactics. When he loses an argument he simply changes what the argument is about.

I think he is a secret fan of Mad Men, where, as everyone knows, Don Draper says "if you don't like what they're saying, change the conversation".

Back