states where the most people go hungry

eating healty is much more expensive ( fresh foods/ not too much cheap meat cuts) - got it.

Eating junk food is fairly inexpensive way to get calories.

Q.What i'm wondering is if we owe people on SNAP, a healthy diet?

Which would mean more food stamps. I don't think so, we do what we can as a nation, but we cannot guarantee a quality of life for everyone.

Hey! Try reading! I said I liked it. But damn....$7 fucking dollars a glass?!

I paid 15 bucks a martini last night, and I took a client to dinner...she ordered an 85 dollar entree, and everything was ala carte, so it was another 10 for her baked potato. Some overpriced steak house, you know the kind guys like SF frequent in between lectures about oatmeal. As a vegetarian I was a bit shocked at the bill, I can tell you that. And all I had was a salad and grilled aspargus. Imagine if I had ordered an entree! I don't understand people who frequent these kinds of places, I have far more eclectic tastes, but that's NY for you I guess, and it was her request.

I paid 15 bucks a martini last night, and I took a client to dinner...she ordered an 85 dollar entree, and everything was ala carte, so it was another 10 for her baked potato. Some overpriced steak house, you know the kind guys like SF frequent in between lectures about oatmeal. As a vegetarian I was a bit shocked at the bill, I can tell you that. And all I had was a salad and grilled aspargus. Imagine if I had ordered an entree! I don't understand people who frequent these kinds of places, I have far more eclectic tastes, but that's NY for you I guess, and it was her request.

you know 50% of the time when I try to piss you off it's to get gems like this. lololololol

So just as I guessed, you're educating no one here. You are posting a bunch of self-congratulatory platitudes as a form of bragging and you're pontificating because you enjoy the sound of your own voice...or sight of your own words.

Got it.

No, I have already answered your question, but you are too angry and in full blow rage to acknowledge it.

I will attempt to mansplain things for you...

1) A person on this board stated 'the poor people cannot afford to eat healthy'
2) I educated said person on the inaccuracy of her statement and provided a link to an article that discussed healthy foods that can be purchased inexpensively.

That is educating someone. Trying to help dispel that stupid fucking myth, yet again.

You then came on here in a full rage and started shouting 'but they wants to eat their big macs... its the only pleasure in their shitty lives'... which is quite sad and condescending on your part.

Can they? How? A banana and oatmeal for dinner every night?

Many of the poor don't even have access to fresh fruit and vegetables.

I'm sure as another privileged smug white dude SF's horseshit tastes like Kobe steak to you...but horseshit's horseshit.

LMAO... don't have access? Please provide us evidence of that Darla.

You are so full of shit.

Truly comical how you call others smug.

many poor regions do have food deserts.

USDA Defines Food Deserts
http://americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/usda-defines-food-deserts
Food deserts are defined as parts of the country vapid of fresh fruit, vegetables, and other healthful whole foods, usually found in impoverished areas.
This is largely due to a lack of grocery stores, farmers’ markets, and healthy food providers.

This has become a big problem because while food deserts are often short on whole food providers, especially fresh fruits and vegetables, instead, they are heavy on local quickie marts that provide a wealth of processed, sugar, and fat laden foods that are known contributors to our nation’s obesity epidemic.
The food desert problem has in fact become such an issue that the USDA has outlined a map of our nation’s food deserts, which I saw on Mother Nature Network

You then came on here in a full rage and started shouting 'but they wants to eat their big macs... its the only pleasure in their shitty lives'... which is quite sad and condescending on your part.

and it's also an entirely different argument.

LMAO... except I don't. I don't eat out very often. Funny how you were at such a pretentious place though. Imagine that.

You seriously are not aware of that huh? Then you better take your own advice and "Shut the fuck up about subjects you know nothing about"

Can't help but notice you didn't back up your comment with any evidence... why is that Darla?

show us where it says that most poor people don't have access to oatmeal and veggies.

No, I have already answered your question, but you are too angry and in full blow rage to acknowledge it.

I will attempt to mansplain things for you...

1) A person on this board stated 'the poor people cannot afford to eat healthy'
2) I educated said person on the inaccuracy of her statement and provided a link to an article that discussed healthy foods that can be purchased inexpensively.

That is educating someone. Trying to help dispel that stupid fucking myth, yet again.

But you asked me why I "hate them"? So by "them" you were asking why I hate tekkychic? That was very clumsily phrased on your part then eh? I'll answer; I don't.

Next?

Can't help but notice you didn't back up your comment with any evidence... why is that Darla?

show us where it says that most poor people don't have access to oatmeal and veggies.

Annatta posted it, and a lot of people write on it. Bittman, I've read a lot at Alternet, and other sites who write about grassroots efforts at community gardening. You should educate yourself before you attempt to "educate them" no?

Back