states where the most people go hungry

So you're not educating or advising the poor? All of your efforts have been aimed at tekkychic?

You really do have a lot of free time at work huh?

You realize this is a message board and that we have conversations with the people ON this board?

i sort of admire, very slightly, how darla is able to care about other people. she doesn't seem to be fake about it. like she actually cares about poor peoples well being. that is weird.

but she's coming from the right place, so that's good.

but man, weird. i could never do that.

i sort of admire, very slightly, how darla is able to care about other people. she doesn't seem to be fake about it. like she actually cares about poor peoples well being. that is weird.

but she's coming from the right place, so that's good.

but man, weird. i could never do that.

It's called empathy. Sometimes I swear you guys start to make Desh look like she knows what she's talking about...

Ah...

Too cheap to get one.

So focused on money... no wonder your life is so miserable. No wonder you come on here with your sanctimonious bullshit and rage.

You should try to enjoy the finer things in life. The things that don't revolve around money or involve you getting robbed at an 'expensive restaurant'.

It's called empathy. Sometimes I swear you guys start to make Desh look like she knows what she's talking about...

except you are not showing any empathy. You simply make excuses and tell us how shitty the lives of the poor are that a big mac is the only happiness they can have. That is not empathy you arrogant piece of shit.

thread is gold :D

You brought me back to youth

solid-gold-o.gif

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1210

I suggest everyone who thinks otherwise take a look at the above.

Let me give you some Pittsburgh examples of prices of things I buy regularly. I want to shop where the article author shops. Maybe she researched around the country for lowest prices possible and used them as her measure. I can get some of her prices some of the time if the item is on sale, but could never get all the items all the time at those low prices. And you mentioned protein powder in another response. My son buys it and it's over $40 can, how is that considered cheap?

Canned salmon, $3.99 and up.

Chicken breasts, $7.99 and up for a 3# bag.

Apples, $2.99# and up. I got some Honeycrisp the other day that were $3.99 and it translated to 3 apples.

Bananas, $0.67# and up.

Grapes, $2.49#

Romaine lettuce, $2.99#

Carrots, $1.29#

Sweet potatoes, $0.99#

Broccoli, $2.99/bunch

Whole-grain pasta $1.79#

Not only untrue but prices at corner markets here are higher than at the grocery emporiums.

That part is very true. I paid last week $6.50 for a box of cereal at the corner market two blocks from me that costs between $4 - $5 at Safeway and $3 at Walmart.

Back