Tell me about yourself?

I am not faint of heart, lol. I just came here to get away from somewhere else's drama.
I'll give this place some time and myself time as well, to get acquainted with everyone. I just don't want to get shot in the middle of your inner war so I will just hang back and tippytoe for awhile. :)

I am not faint of heart, lol. I just came here to get away from somewhere else's drama.
I'll give this place some time and myself time as well, to get acquainted with everyone. I just don't want to get shot in the middle of your inner war so I will just hang back and tippytoe for awhile. :)

Aside from a handful of truly septic posters here, you'll probably find that most can be pretty decent when approached, so don't let the petty venom of a few true trolls chase you off.

I am a math teacher and preacher. I like country music and play the guitar, mostly folk songs. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats, 1 wife and 1 kid. I hunt (and all the dogs help some) and fish a lot. I prefer the mountains over the ocean and abhor cities and stay away from them as much as possible. I am an accomplished cook and do at least 50% of the cooking and house work in our house. It is only fair seeing that we both work. I voted for George W. Bush the first time but not the second. I haven't voted for a winning president since.

I am a math teacher and preacher. I like country music and play the guitar, mostly folk songs. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats, 1 wife and 1 kid. I hunt (and all the dogs help some) and fish a lot. I prefer the mountains over the ocean and abhor cities and stay away from them as much as possible. I am an accomplished cook and do at least 50% of the cooking and house work in our house. It is only fair seeing that we both work. I voted for George W. Bush the first time but not the second. I haven't voted for a winning president since.

Salt of the earth my man.

That's too bad. When the posting pool consists of the same people and no new people to add some interest, things get stagnate. And mean. Boards I have been a member of have gone that route. Or die because everyone leaves except a few diehards. I guess it depends on the owner of the board and whether there is an interest in building it or not caring and letting it go downhill.
I repeat, that is a shame. I like populated message boards but don't much care for the hatred exhibited more than the lightweight conversations. So I will be up front and say I do not know if I will stay. I will give it some more time but if this thread is what the board is about, I probably won't.

All the cool kids avoid the politics forum, there's not a lot of hatred here.

I hate populated message boards, there's no intimacy. You can go to reddit if you just want to talk to random strangers who judge you all day.

Mine's a rescue dog of 12 years ago. I got her when she was 14 months old. The only dog in the mix that they had to keep in a crate because she'd jump out of the open pen. I bent down to see who was in there and our eyes met...

She's a mix of at least 7 terriers, weimaraner and shih tzu. The ST is only 3% or so, and I'm sure that's why she clings to me like wet paper during a thunderstorm. The other half, they have no idea.

You're lucky, that's a good long life for a dog. My dog was just 9. Of course, she was a pretty big dog, 60-70 pounds most of her life, and big dogs tend to die earlier.

We honestly found her as a puppy on the side of the beach, abandoned, filled with worms. We nursed her back to health. We believe she's some sort of mix between Boston Terrier and some kind of Pit Bull - she has the coat and some features from a Boston Terrier, and a little of the personality, but also clearly has some genes from a much larger dog.

And they have private conversations only they understand, using special names for one another. If I hadn't met English public-schoolboys as a student I'd give up, 'deed I would - and I got by then by planning to beat those to death, slowly! :)

I've tried to help people out by making Watermark, my real alias, my subtitle. So, when I change my name, you can just look at the subtitle to figure out who it is.

We have a lot in common.

I am an internet expert and a pagan priest. I like Indie-folk music and play the guitar, mostly indie-folk songs, except I hate Indie. I had a dog, she died, and nothing else. I ride my bicycle and sail a lot, once I was hungry and shot a rabbit and cried afterwards. I prefer the ocean over the mountains and see cities as pits of decadence and stagnation, and so stay away from them as much as possible. I don't know how to cook and don't do housework, so my house is a pig sty. I always vote straight ticket Democrat and laugh at the butthurt independents who criticize me for doing so. I'm also a Communist.

Yep, just two regular southern boys.

Back