The 2012 NCAA Football season has begun!!

Helluva game by both teams. LSU played their best game of the year and almost pulled off the upset.

But the boys in crimson came up with it when it counted.

Notre Dame played a shitty game. Thankfully, Irish luck saved their arses in triple overtime. Pitt played well, except for its shitty quarterback, but that's no excuse to almost lose that game. I was really hoping that K-State, Oregon, and Alabama would lose, but instead we all just came close to being upset. Well, I don't think K-State did...

Notre Dame played a shitty game. Thankfully, Irish luck saved their arses in triple overtime. Pitt played well, except for its shitty quarterback, but that's no excuse to almost lose that game. I was really hoping that K-State, Oregon, and Alabama would lose, but instead we all just came close to being upset. Well, I don't think K-State did...

Is K-State's QB hurt? He scares me if we have to face them in the NC game.

The best game of the year for LSU and they still lose it. And this one can be placed squarely at the feet of Les Miles. There were several questionable calls, even for the Mad Hatter.

The fake feld goal was laughable. When LSU lined up it was obvious that Bama was ready for it. Why did Miles not call time out and change the play?

The 4th and 3 play that had LSU lined up so obvious that the people in the concession stands knew they were going to push up the middle? Did Miles really think he was going to ram the ball down Bama's throat without any diversion or misdirection? Against that defense? lol

But LSU played an inspired game. Miles had them ready for payback for the humiliation of the BCS Championship game. I think, if he keeps developing, their QB will be a monster next year.

Well, I personally think, aside from the two plays you mentioned, LSU played an almost perfect game. The win is pretty much because of A.J. McCarron, he gave a lot of credit to the team, but that last drive was sheer determination by AJ, some great catches by Norwood, and a great run by Yelden at the end. But A.J. took the field knowing they could win.

If we can get by A&M this weekend, I think we're in the Big Game, no one else can stop us.

Well, I personally think, aside from the two plays you mentioned, LSU played an almost perfect game. The win is pretty much because of A.J. McCarron, he gave a lot of credit to the team, but that last drive was sheer determination by AJ, some great catches by Norwood, and a great run by Yelden at the end. But A.J. took the field knowing they could win.

If we can get by A&M this weekend, I think we're in the Big Game, no one else can stop us.

I agree and that is why I said LSU played inspired football. This was their best game of the season, by far.

I am hoping ND will play for the championship. Bama will win the SEC Championship, and will meet ND in Miami.

A couple of reasons I think Bama will win it. First of all, the glare, hoopla and excitement of the biggest game of the year can put a team off kilter. Bama has been there before (recently) and will be focused. ND? Not so much.

Second, Bama's ground game is tough enough to wear down the ND defense. Add in the balance of a good passing game, and ND loses. ND's defense is built around a couple of major stars. That works against a more one dimensional offense but not so well against a balanced attack.

Third, the only games in which Bama had any difficulty at all were the LSU game and the Texas A&M game. LSU simply played the best game of their season, bar none. Not only did they live up to their pre-season expectations, they were trying to pay Bama back for an embarrassment in January. And LSU is far superior to BYU or Pitt. Texas A&M won that game on the shoulders of the best scrambling QB I have seen in years. Neither Tebow nor Cam were as good as this kid. He runs as well as they did and his passing is MUCH better. ND doesn't have a QB who can come close to doing that.

And lastly, there time between the SEC Championship and the BCS Championship give Nick Saban time to put together a game plan that will be unstoppable. The last 2 years have seen Bama's bowl game opponents absolutely slaughtered.

Roll Tide!!!

Thats what I hate about the way they do the rankings. Everybody has Bama favored over Notre Lame. That is clearly saying Bama is a better team. So why not rank them that way?
Political correctness, or modernly called anti sec bias
All those undefeated big east jokes lasted a few weeks each. They'd never get there in the sec.

In yet another PAC upset, WSU beat UW for the annual Apple Cup. They managed to stage an 18 point comeback during the 4th quarter, and yet another missed field goal took the game to overtime. Hilarious.

I'm ready to watch OSU win the Civil War.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!! Bama is headed for Miami to play for the NC!!

The SEC Championship was a helluva game. Kudos to GA. They played a good game.

Excellent game by the Georgia Bulldogs, nothing to be ashamed of at all. They played their hearts out and left it on the field. I did feel sorry for the commentator at half time, who seemed to honestly expect the refs to throw a late flag on Alabama while they were in the locker room, over a supposed "obviously vicious" hit on the UGA QB. It's really a shame that people who have that much lack of football knowledge are all CBS can get to cover a game this big. Not that it was just CBS, the ESPN radio guy thought it was a "vicious hit" as well, which I have to agree, it was pretty vicious... completely legal and not a penalty, but vicious has fucking hell, for sure! ;)

When an interception occurs, the QB becomes a defensive player, and is fair game in the field of play with a live ball. Not sure where the CBS and ESPN commentators learned the rules, and I am sure the hit rung the boy's bell, but there was nothing illegal or unsportsmanlike about it.

ROLL TIDE! Saban has gotten us there again!

Excellent game by the Georgia Bulldogs, nothing to be ashamed of at all. They played their hearts out and left it on the field. I did feel sorry for the commentator at half time, who seemed to honestly expect the refs to throw a late flag on Alabama while they were in the locker room, over a supposed "obviously vicious" hit on the UGA QB. It's really a shame that people who have that much lack of football knowledge are all CBS can get to cover a game this big. Not that it was just CBS, the ESPN radio guy thought it was a "vicious hit" as well, which I have to agree, it was pretty vicious... completely legal and not a penalty, but vicious has fucking hell, for sure! ;)

When an interception occurs, the QB becomes a defensive player, and is fair game in the field of play with a live ball. Not sure where the CBS and ESPN commentators learned the rules, and I am sure the hit rung the boy's bell, but there was nothing illegal or unsportsmanlike about it.

ROLL TIDE! Saban has gotten us there again!

Bring on Notre Dame!!

I am hoping ND will play for the championship. Bama will win the SEC Championship, and will meet ND in Miami.

A couple of reasons I think Bama will win it. First of all, the glare, hoopla and excitement of the biggest game of the year can put a team off kilter. Bama has been there before (recently) and will be focused. ND? Not so much.

Second, Bama's ground game is tough enough to wear down the ND defense. Add in the balance of a good passing game, and ND loses. ND's defense is built around a couple of major stars. That works against a more one dimensional offense but not so well against a balanced attack.

Third, the only games in which Bama had any difficulty at all were the LSU game and the Texas A&M game. LSU simply played the best game of their season, bar none. Not only did they live up to their pre-season expectations, they were trying to pay Bama back for an embarrassment in January. And LSU is far superior to BYU or Pitt. Texas A&M won that game on the shoulders of the best scrambling QB I have seen in years. Neither Tebow nor Cam were as good as this kid. He runs as well as they did and his passing is MUCH better. ND doesn't have a QB who can come close to doing that.

And lastly, there time between the SEC Championship and the BCS Championship give Nick Saban time to put together a game plan that will be unstoppable. The last 2 years have seen Bama's bowl game opponents absolutely slaughtered.

Roll Tide!!!

Roll Tide!!

Erin_Go_Bragh_flag.PNG

Back