The Alliance of Thoughtful Threadstarters.

Most of these Sites are just 'Social Sites' where people come to talk about everything under the Sun and use 'politics' as the main core of reference.
They're basically for people with time on their hands that want to 'socialize' from the confines of their own homes.

Agreed completely. This is an issue on debatepolitics.com, of which I got perma-banned from since the mods there got sick of me calling out their bullshit (so they made up the lie that I had a "sock" account, even though I never use "socks")... The moderation over there is too controlling and "clique oriented". It was definitely a weird place.

The moderation here is MUCH better. Much more "hands free"...

The thing I do like at Debate,is you get points,if you point out you get a ban.But if you stay out of trouble the points come off in time.
Here one careless post and get you a month.
And you do your time,it's held against you the next time.

The thing I do like at Debate,is you get points,if you point out you get a ban.But if you stay out of trouble the points come off in time.
Here one careless post and get you a month.
And you do your time,it's held against you the next time.

Debatepolitcs.com has likely 3 or more times the posters and has way more forums and subforums. It's harder to navigate or know who you're dealing with. Here I basically have everyone figured out.

How much "thoughtful debate" occurs on any political message board where people masquerade under anon monikers? I'll tell you. Zero.

People discussing volatile subjects like politics anonymously are never "thoughtful" and civil. All bets are off and anything goes. Here's another little nugget of wisdom. No one has ever changed their political views by reading the screeds of others on a political message board.

If you want "thoughtful debate", join a gardening or any other interest besides politics board.

You have no way of knowing that. And I do participate in other types of forums. You seem awful eager to get rid of me. Good luck with that, lol.

You have no way of knowing that. And I do participate in other types of forums. You seem awful eager to get rid of me. Good luck with that, lol.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it's unlikely people read self-absorbed screeds from strangers and change their minds. I never have.

Get rid of you? I don't care where you post. Just stop whining for more moderation here. Go somewhere else to get daycare services.

Unless you enforce this kind of thing it's not likely to change. Keep current events and general politcs clean is a good idea though. You have enough political trolling in general politics. Legion, ILA, Guno, and Evmetro are the ones doing that the most.

nothing is going to be "enforced"

i am asking people to join the alliance of thoughtful threadstarters. if you wish to be in, you are welcome

Countryboy: "You have no way of knowing that."
Jack: Want to tell us how you changed YOUR views, and how YOU'VE changed other's views?

How much "thoughtful debate" occurs on any political message board where people masquerade under anon monikers? I'll tell you. Zero.

People discussing volatile subjects like politics anonymously are never "thoughtful" and civil. All bets are off and anything goes. Here's another little nugget of wisdom. No one has ever changed their political views by reading the screeds of others on a political message board.

If you want "thoughtful debate", join a gardening or any other interest besides politics board.

I was a member of a single dating site- that just happened to have a forum- that just happened to have a political and current events category.

Most people did use their own mug shots. But then there were others who created sock profiles to carry out their personal attacks on others in the forum.

It turned into a shit show and the owners sold the site and it was removed from the internet.

Back