The Alliance of Thoughtful Threadstarters.

The usual left vs right

That's usually a waste of time. I think it's more interesting kibbitzing with people on a variety of issues, especially with people who you would not normally associate with because of social status, economics, or heritage.

That's usually a waste of time. I think it's more interesting kibbitzing with people on a variety of issues, especially with people who you would not normally associate with because of social status, economics, or heritage.

So you're slumming it Jack?

This actually makes sense.
What if you are a High Brow, and you come to JPP for some stimulating exchange about 'Philosophy' or 'Religion'?
You would go to THAT Forum and not have to wade through the Rabble that usually takes up the Front Page.

the FRONT PAGE IS THE LOG ON PAGE WITH THE SECTIONS LISTED -nothing to "wade thru"

Agreed completely. This is an issue on debatepolitics.com, of which I got perma-banned from since the mods there got sick of me calling out their bullshit (so they made up the lie that I had a "sock" account, even though I never use "socks")... The moderation over there is too controlling and "clique oriented". It was definitely a weird place.

The moderation here is MUCH better. Much more "hands free"...
I'm on debatepolitics.com as well
Agree it is run like a cloister - no we don't want that.
Can you say "middle ground?" hopefully no need to explain what that is in terms of content.

That (Debate politics) board is for serious discussion,and that is what you get. This board acts too often like shit flinging "retards" - maybe we can fix this without going all "Nazi" type moderation?

First thing is to enforce more then rule 12b, move noxious threads for ex..

I don't expect spamming or trolling to stop , that's built in here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's unlikely people read self-absorbed screeds from strangers and change their minds. I never have.

Get rid of you? I don't care where you post. Just stop whining for more moderation here. Go somewhere else to get daycare services.
I do read/skim for info, but mostly i get into actual discussions with others interested in the same topic. Sometimes accidentally an actual idea is born/fleshed out.

we do not need a redundant alliance of those who already post thoughtful threads.
All we need is the criteria listed enforced . start with the basic -thread titles should have some connection to reality.
People write the most crappy spin trying to be clver -I have to clik on the thread to find out WTF it means.
That can't be helpful

Mostly I use the OP source as my title too - so INTERESTED PEOPLE CAN FIND A TOPIC OF INTEREST.
I do minor editing for space, and clarification only.

LiG. Could you do me a Favor?
Please inform USF that I have put him on 'Ignore'.
--->This message is hidden because USFREEDOM911 is on your ignore list.<---
It's not so much for me, it's for his own personal health.
I'm becoming concerned.

Most of these Sites are just 'Social Sites' where people come to talk about everything under the Sun and use 'politics' as the main core of reference.
They're basically for people with time on their hands that want to 'socialize' from the confines of their own homes.

Back