The backyard patio

Morning all. Hope Jack got power back and buys a generator at least his frige and tv would work.

After gorging himself on Seafood, then falling asleep in a darkened house, Jack awoke about midnight with the lights on.
(Jack is too cheap to spring for a generator) :(

:( Sad News. Our friend, RB60, got his pants pulled down , ... and exposed as a Racist. (I secretly suspected this)

I went to the Donut Shop ... it was Closed. Saw 'Kenny's Seafood' Open. Stopped there. Got the Oyster Plate to go, picked the Gumbo and Crab Bisque as sides. Went home ... and the Power went out. :(

"Seafood Dinners​
All dinners served dressed with choice of 2 sides and boudin ball.
Shrimp 9.99
Catfish 9.99
Oyster 11.99
1/2 and 1/2 Combo 11.99
Crawfish Tails 11.99
Soft Shell Crab 13.99
Seafood Platter 15.99
Soft shell, shrimp, fish and oyster.
Fried Pickles with Jalapeno Ranch 4.99
Onion Rings 3.99
By the Pint 4.99
Gumbo or Crab Corn Bisque
Meat
Gumbo Crab corn bisque
Sides​
French Fries 1.99
Jambalaya 1.99
Boudin Balls 1.99
Cole Slaw 1.99
Potato Salad 1.99
Boiled Corn and Potatoes 1.99
Sweet Potato Fries 1.99
Gumbo 1.99
Crab and Corn Bisque 1.99
Awesome menu

But no fried okra??

Very hard to get here, fresh okra anyway..

Frozen is worthless..

:) Yeah, well, the good thing was that I pigged out and ate over half the Plate. Then, with no Power, ... I fell into a deep sleep caressed by the sound of the relentless rainfall.

lol, & prob gained two pounds.....:laugh:

Must not be popular any more....

Now it is everywhere... But not good.... They have a local franchise where I shop & I ordered that once-never again.. It's called Dickies, I think they are all over, but prob couldn't compete w/ good Mom & Pop places like that one.......

Must not be popular any more....

Now it is everywhere... But not good.... They have a local franchise where I shop & I ordered that once-never again.. It's called Dickies, I think they are all over, but prob couldn't compete w/ good Mom & Pop places like that one.......

Okra is usually found in the Gumbos down here.
I grew up in SoCal and never heard of 'Okra'.
When I came down here, Okra was one of the easiest things to grow in my Garden.
Freshly picked it is sweet.

How do you eat it fresh?? not cooked??

I tried to grow it here but it wasn't working for me. I prob need to try again next season.
My daughter's neighbors have a Huge crop every year...I can ask them their secret if there is one...;) Pickled is just made with fresh (small) pods, spices, peppers, herbs, vinegar bath, then process them....
I wait at least a month....

Okra is usually found in the Gumbos down here.
I grew up in SoCal and never heard of 'Okra'.
When I came down here, Okra was one of the easiest things to grow in my Garden.
Freshly picked it is sweet.

& I assume they are using fresh okra.

It grows well in the hot humid rich soil....... Here I have hard, hot & dry conditions, not favorable to growing it... But I'll try next year..

My grandmother made it sometimes when I was a kid, I didn't know what it was & then it was falling apart, mixed in w/ other veggies...

I don't even think they grow it here, not commercially anyways..

Maybe some farmers market might have it...

My daughter's neighbors have a Huge crop every year...I can ask them their secret if there is one...;) Pickled is just made with fresh (small) pods, spices, peppers, herbs, vinegar bath, then process them....
I wait at least a month....

:cool: thanks.......

& I assume they are using fresh okra.

It grows well in the hot humid rich soil....... Here I have hard, hot & dry conditions, not favorable to growing it... But I'll try next year..

My grandmother made it sometimes when I was a kid, I didn't know what it was & then it was falling apart, mixed in w/ other veggies...

I don't even think they grow it here, not commercially anyways..

Maybe some farmers market might have it...

"Why Southerners Are Crazy About Okra and Tomatoes"
https://www.southernliving.com/veggies/okra/okra-tomato-recipe

"You know what they say: "What grows together goes together."

Good morning all. Have to drive out to the base to get a couple scrips filled. I have two that the copay went from $20 to over $100. I can get them at the base no copay. So hihohiho it's off to the base I go.

Back