The best Rock Song Ever!

Some more of my favorites from the 1970's are "Immigrant Song", "Gallow's Pole", "Black Dog", "Rock and Roll", "When The Levee Breaks", "The Ocean", "D'yer Mak'er", "Custard Pie", "Kashmir", "In My Time Of Dying", and "Nobody's Fault But Mine", by Led Zeppelin. "Go All The Way", "Let's Pretend", "I Wanna Be With You", and "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)", by The Raspberries. "Roll Over Beethoven", "Evil Woman", "Telephone Line", "Livin' Thing", "Do Ya", "Rockaria", "Turn To Stone", "Sweet Talkin' Woman", "Mr. Blue Sky", "Wild West Hero", and "Don't Bring Me Down", by ELO. "Close To the Edge", "Roundabout", and "Long Distance Runaround", by Yes. "Tell Me Why", "Southern Man", "Heart Of Gold", "Tonight's The Night", "Like A Hurricane", "Vampire Blues", "Barstool Blues", and "Powderfinger", by Neil Young. Also "Francine", "La Grange", "Tush", "Heard It On The X", and "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide", by ZZ Top.

I'm limiting my picks to "rock'" or "rockin' songs" by artists. I like a LOT of Cat Stevens' songs, but I wouldn't consider them to be "rock", more like "easy listening" to me. The same holds true for Elton John. Although I DO like many of his "rockin" songs. Most notably "Crocodile Rock", "I Think I'm Going To Kill Myself" (Actually a cool uptempo song.), "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting", "All The Young Girls Love Alice", "Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock And Roll)", "The Bitch Is Back", "Gotta Get A Meal Ticket", "Island Girl", and "Grow Some Funk Of Your Own".

Some more of my favorites from the 70's include "Crazy On You", "Magic Man", "Barracuda", and "Even It Up", by Heart. "The Joker", "Rockin' Me", "Take The Money And Run", and "Jet Airliner", by The Steve Miller Band. One hit wonder, "Cruel To Be Kind", by Nick Lowe, an ALMOST one hit wonder, "I Hear You Knocking", by Dave Edmunds. "Hi, Hi, Hi", "Jet", "Helen Wheels", "Band On The Run", "Rock Show", and "Let 'Em In", by Paul McCartney, with or without Wings. "Back Off Boogaloo", "Photograph", "You're Sixteen", and "Goodnight Vienna", by Ring Starr. Also, "Whatever Gets You Through the Night", "Be-Bop-A-Lula", and "Stand By Me", by John Lennon. John "rocked up" Ben E. King's "Stand By Me" a bit, so I consider his version to be a "rock" song.

I have to mention Three Dog Night. A band that belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Some of my favorite "rockin" songs by the group include "Mama Told Me (Not To Come)", "Joy To The World", "Liar", "Never Been To Spain", "The Family Of Man", "Black And White", "Shamabala", "Let Me Serenade You", "Sure As I'm Sittin' Here", "Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues)", and "The Show Must Go On".

Back