The best Rock Song Ever!

Another band that ABSOLUTELY deserves to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is Jethro Tull. Some of my favorites by them include "Aqualung", Locomotive Breath", "Wind Up", "Living In Past", "Bungle In The Jungle", "Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day", "Too Old To Rock And Roll, Too Young To Die", "The Minstrel In the Gallery", "Songs From The Wood", "The Whistler", "Velvet Green", ".....And the Mouse Police Never Sleeps", "Heavy Horses", "North Sea Oil", "Dark Ages", "Steel Monkey", and "Farm On The Freeway".

Last edited:
This is the song that inspired Little Richard to start playing piano, so it's the grandaddy of rock!

From Wiki!

Many music writers acknowledge its importance in the development of rock and roll music, with several considering it to be the first rock and roll record. In 2017, the Mississippi Blues Trail dedicated its 200th marker to "Rocket 88" as an influential record.[1] The song was inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame in 1991,[2] the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1998,[3] and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Singles in 2018.[4]

This is the song that inspired Little Richard to start playing piano, so it's the grandaddy of rock!

From Wiki!

Many music writers acknowledge its importance in the development of rock and roll music, with several considering it to be the first rock and roll record. In 2017, the Mississippi Blues Trail dedicated its 200th marker to "Rocket 88" as an influential record.[1] The song was inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame in 1991,[2] the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1998,[3] and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Singles in 2018.[4]

Great song. Thanks for the post.:cool:

I recently saw a high school girl with her guitar playing that song over and over for tips down at the harbor.
I hated that song when it first came out. Hard to fathom it has lasted into a third generation

Fuck You! "Eye of the Tiger" is epic!

Fuck You! "Eye of the Tiger" is epic!
There is obviously a market for that tune which I am unaware of.

But I can honestly say in all the amateur rock bands I played in, there were exactly zero dudes who wanted to learn or play Eye of the Tiger. It wasn't even remotely given consideration. All we wanted to learn to play was Zepplin, Stones, AC DC, Van Halen, Creedence, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, U2, etc. Actual rock tunes by actual rock bands.

But I can honestly say in all the amateur rock bands I played in, there were exactly zero dudes who wanted to learn or play Eye of the Tiger. It wasn't even remotely given consideration. All we wanted to learn to play was Zepplin, Stones, AC DC, Van Halen, Creedence, Def Leppard, U2, etc. Actual rock tunes by actual rock bands.

Yep. In a word, Survivor SUCKS. Thank you.;)

But I can honestly say in all the amateur rock bands I played in, there were exactly zero dudes who wanted to learn or play Eye of the Tiger. It wasn't even remotely given consideration. All we wanted to learn to play was Zepplin, Stones, AC DC, Van Halen, Creedence, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, U2, etc. Actual rock tunes by actual rock bands.

It's easy to play, but it has a certain draw.
u2? Really? Never in my life have I thought "That U2 song is so cool! I wish I could play that for myself"

They fucking suck! Beyond "Sunday Bloody Sunday" they are worthless, and that's not rock and roll anyways.

It's easy to play, but it has a certain draw.
u2? Really? Never in my life have I thought "That U2 song is so cool! I wish I could play that for myself"

They fucking suck! Beyond "Sunday Bloody Sunday" they are worthless, and that's not rock and roll anyways.

Too each their own. I never could stand Survivor. If I had to pick within the genre of pop-rock, I would go with Journey over Survivor. Journey had some good tunes, and Steve Perry could really sing.

New Year's Day is one of the coolest songs to learn and play in an amateur band, just my opinion.

Too each their own. I never could stand Survivor. If I had to pick within the genre of pop-rock, I would go with Journey over Survivor. Journey had some good tunes, and Steve Perry could really sing.

New Year's Day is one of the coolest songs to learn and play in an amateur band, just my opinion.

I was never a fan of Survivor either, although "Burning Heart" and "I Can't Hold Back" are listenable. Without a doubt, Journey, Kansas and Styy (to name a few) were far better.

I was never a fan of Survivor either, although "Burning Heart" and "I Can't Hold Back" are listenable. Without a doubt, Journey, Kansas and Styy (to name a few) were far better.

IMO Journey is head and shoulders above other bands in the pop-rock category, but I kind of like Kansas. Styx I could do without.

The only pop-rock tune I would ever allowed to be played in any band I was in was "What I Like About You"

I really like U2's early stuff, pre-1992 or so. After that, Bono got a swelled head and developed a HUGE ego. And their music hasn't been as good since, IMO.:|

I REALLY liked Styx back in the day. Now I can only tolerate listening to a few of their songs. Remember "Mr. Roboto"? Pure rubbish.:|

IMO Journey is head and shoulders above other bands in the pop-rock category, but I kind of like Kansas. Styx I could do without.

The only pop-rock tune I would ever allowed to be played in any band I was in was "What I Like About You"

Great song, thanks for the post.:cool:

Back