The Coming George Zimmerman Verdict And The Radically Changed American Justice System

I disagree with that prompting the confrontation. Martin did not HAVE to, though we do agree he had the right to ask Zimmerman why he was following him. What Martin did NOT have the right to do was assault Zimmerman. There is nothing to suggest that was warranted.

The difference between us is that I don't believe Zimmerman when he claimed that TM was the first to get physical. I do believe the shooting wasn't intended, that when it did GZ had an "oh shit" moment and immediately began concocting a story on how he was attacked first. And the only other person who can give the other side to the story is dead.

You must be identifying yourself in all her posts today, taking it very personally! Dough boy, lol

No, just a general observation on the level of her debate comments about the trial.

Desh is coming across as more informed and intelligent they Darla....and thats sad.

I already said that when GZ set foot outside his truck he stopped just watching and started to act. He had no business getting out of the truck. He did what watchers were supposed to do and that's call the cops. Then he took it a step further, and for what reason? Why didn't he just stay put and wait for the police?

In order to continue to watch someone, you have to actually keep them in sight. There is nothing wrong with getting out of the truck if being in the truck prevents maintaining line of sight. He didn't stay put because he wanted to maintain line of sight due to previous burglars getting away before cops arrived.

GZ went beyond the parameters of the neighborhood watch. He was supposed to observe only. Why don't people get it?

No, he did not. He watched. He kept line of sight until he lost Martin. That is what a watch is supposed to do. Not say 'well, gee he walked around a house, therefore I lost him for a second, now I am done'.

Police volunteer program coordinator Wendy Dorival said she met Zimmerman in September at a community neighborhood watch presentation.
“I said, ‘If it’s someone you don’t recognize, call us. We’ll figure it out,’ ” Dorival said. “‘Observe from a safe location.’ There’s even a slide about not being vigilante police. I don’t know how many more times I can repeat it.”

Which is what Zimmerman did. He called them. They were discussing on the phone as he was observing. He tried to keep observing and you are suggesting he shouldn't have. The cop above even TOLD him to do so.

It boggles my mind that so many people think TM had no right to turn and talk to GB, but that GZ had every right to get out of his truck and follow TM. It's a ridiculous argument that should be dropped already.

They both had the right. for GZ to get out of the truck and for TM to question him. I agree those that say TM had no right to question GZ are ridiculous. Just as those who say GZ had no right to get out of the truck are. It boggles my mind that you can complain about the former while being one of the latter.

The difference between us is that I don't believe Zimmerman when he claimed that TM was the first to get physical. I do believe the shooting wasn't intended, that when it did GZ had an "oh shit" moment and immediately began concocting a story on how he was attacked first. And the only other person who can give the other side to the story is dead.

Ok... and what evidence are you basing that on? What makes you believe he initiated the physical confrontation?

Ok... and what evidence are you basing that on? What makes you believe he initiated the physical confrontation?

Because he thought TM was suspicious and didn't like that TM questioned him about being followed. I think they exchanged words, the situation got heated, and GZ attacked someone he thought was suspicious and on drugs.

I was referring to the police in your earlier post regarding how to be a good neighborhood watch person. The one that said he should continue to observe from a safe distance.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Was it this comment from the coordinator of the program? IMO safe distance means don't follow.

Police volunteer program coordinator Wendy Dorival said she met Zimmerman in September at a community neighborhood watch presentation.

“I said, ‘If it’s someone you don’t recognize, call us. We’ll figure it out,’ ” Dorival said. “‘Observe from a safe location.’ There’s even a slide about not being vigilante police. I don’t know how many more times I can repeat it.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/1...-habitual.html

I'm not sure what you're asking. Was it this comment from the coordinator of the program?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/1...-habitual.html

Safe location would be in your car and using the excuse of an address is a lie, he later slipped and used an address. It was noted in closing argument today.

Safe location would be in your car and using the excuse of an address is a lie, he later slipped and used an address. It was noted in closing argument today.

Nonsense. Unless you are suggesting that the only way to watch a neighborhood is from a car? Neighborhood watches routinely are on foot.

Back