The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this damn stinger in my hip yesterday morning bending over cleaning my car. Luckily, it didn't bother me during the car show yesterday, but came back after I got home. I'm hobbling around using a cane this morning. Grrr...
Kind of late to try to ice it, but I guess it couldn't hurt...I'd say it's Aleve/Movie Marathon Day....

Good morning all. RB if you quit driving a young man's car you wouldn't be hobbling around. lol Hope you feel better this getting old sucks.

This is a thread for folks to sit around the old county store with the pot bellied stove in the middle and shoot the breeze in a friendly manner. Any subject is permissible but no flame wars will be tolerated. I will only warn once and it's retro ban. I have already banned those I feel will not play by the rules. We have enough battling in the other threads.

Just a friendly reminder. :laugh:

Well, report from the storm: Everyone's good so far. They got a LOT of rain, some wind, but so far nothing terrible. All the watches and warnings except for flash flooding have been canceled.

Good morning all. RB if you quit driving a young man's car you wouldn't be hobbling around. lol Hope you feel better this getting old sucks.

I've been reading the posts...I think he feels fine;) lol (Did you see the post with the "calling card", left instead of an actual reply? An ache or pain due to old age is nothing compared to someone having to hand out one of those to "Introduce" themselves;)

I got this damn stinger in my hip yesterday morning bending over cleaning my car. Luckily, it didn't bother me during the car show yesterday, but came back after I got home. I'm hobbling around using a cane this morning. Grrr...

?What is a stinger??

Using a cane sounds pretty painful....

I keep forgetting to ask you how your foot is doing.

The right one is doing fine since the surgery last winter (I was cut from the waist to the ankle), but have the same problem with the left one. Another CAT scan showed a blockage in both the femoral artery on the left side just below where it splits to each leg and at the knee in my left leg. They're going to go in through the stomach in 7-8 weeks to fix the main blockage, hopefully I won't need a second one for the knee, they'll cut me like the right leg. It is what it is, but when all is done, I should be back to normal with good circulation and should be able to roam the mountains again.

?What is a stinger??

Using a cane sounds pretty painful....

It's like a pulled muscle. It feels like you're getting stabbed with an ice pick, but it comes and goes. Most of the afternoon it was fine, I even took my car for a ride, but stepped down from the garage and it hit me again. It's fine again now, we'll see in the morning.

The right one is doing fine since the surgery last winter (I was cut from the waist to the ankle), but have the same problem with the left one. Another CAT scan showed a blockage in both the femoral artery on the left side just below where it splits to each leg and at the knee in my left leg. They're going to go in through the stomach in 7-8 weeks to fix the main blockage, hopefully I won't need a second one for the knee, they'll cut me like the right leg. It is what it is, but when all is done, I should be back to normal with good circulation and should be able to roam the mountains again.

Hope it goes well & it helps your pain..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back