The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaching math. :laugh:

But in all seriousness changing the way we teach math is a great idea. All too many kids say I hate math, maybe this will help.
Those aren't my students or classes they're talking about, you know...;)
Our math classes were/are basic, daily life skills kind of math...(every student, an individual plan...for all subjects....) No fail on my part....
The regular curriculum? Huge changes are necessary...not just math....

Oh lord, yes. We had a maple tree removed many moons ago. It took years to naturally rot away. In the meantime, it made a nice "stand" for pots of flowers.

You can use Epsom salts to help rot the stump:

https://www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to-kill-tree-stumps/

Problematic if you have pets though with all the bad mushrooms that pop up. Maybe if you just start a bunch of good ones in the area to crowd out the bad. Reshi mushrooms are safer and they have a slight bitterness that may well turn off munchers.

Problematic if you have pets though with all the bad mushrooms that pop up. Maybe if you just start a bunch of good ones in the area to crowd out the bad. Reshi mushrooms are safer and they have a slight bitterness that may well turn off munchers.

vinegar water kills the mushrooms right away.

Our stump didn't have many shrooms till it was just about falling apart. We don't have four-footed munchers either. Does your dog eat yard shrooms?

Just put in a spray bottle and spray liberally. The good thing it doesn't hurt grass.

Good to know, thanks. We had a very dry summer last year but a very wet late summer/early fall -- and our yard was covered with brown shrooms. Like thousands of them! They do rot away naturally within a week or so of appearing. No one seems to eat them either. But sometimes the neighbor's dog takes a whim to walk through the woods to come visit. So we'll use your tip to get rid of them before she eats any. They are not edible for humans so probably not for poochies either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back