The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are free to avoid the question and send me on goose chase. You asked, I answered. I asked, you said go look for it. Interesting.

FWIW, I'd like to get back into CAP, but have some medical issues in which to contend.
There's really no need to "look for it"...If you're reading my posts, I often mention what I do...and what I suggest....But because you said "interesting"....
Today is more distribution of care packages, including lots of PBJ samiches;) Rescue donations...and just generally checking in with the neighbors to see what they might need....
You were in the Civil Air Patrol? Now that is interesting;)

You are free to avoid the question and send me on goose chase. You asked, I answered. I asked, you said go look for it. Interesting.

FWIW, I'd like to get back into CAP, but have some medical issues in which to contend.

Wild goose chases are for those who care. Most of us just roll the eyes and keep on going, having heard the same fake nonsense for years. Heheheheh.

Hope you guys are staying healthy and as content as is possible. Here, the first full day of spring brought us a winter storm and a half foot of fresh lovely snow. Going to buckle on the snowshoes this morning and wander through the forest. Had a routine dr. visit scheduled for Monday; he's going to do it via phone instead. Why yes, Doctor, my BP really *is* 120/80. :laugh:

About time. I don't know why they didn't do that sooner. Makes you wonder how many of those kids are going to scatter across the country, scattering virus as they go.

The idiots in Miami Dade the virus epicenter of Fla. are keeping their beaches open, go figure.

The idiots in Miami Dade the virus epicenter of Fla. are keeping their beaches open, go figure.

Apparently money is more important than health and safety. Is it true that FL still have an overabundance of the aged (70 yrs and up)? Apparently money is worth more than FL's citizens.

There's really no need to "look for it"...If you're reading my posts, I often mention what I do...and what I suggest....But because you said "interesting"....
Today is more distribution of care packages, including lots of PBJ samiches;) Rescue donations...and just generally checking in with the neighbors to see what they might need....
You were in the Civil Air Patrol? Now that is interesting;)

No worries. If you wanted me to know you wouldn't send me to search through over 2400 posts looking for your supposed answers. If you wanted me to know you'd have simply given a short sentence like mine.

Yes, CAP. I'm retired military but tried to go back in after 9/11. They didn't need old senior guys so I wasn't accepted. President Bush asked for Americans to volunteer and do what they could. My then-wife was a budding pilot and I'm retired military pilot, so we both joined a local CAP unit. There are about six of them in the DFW Metroplex. We were with them for about 8 years then work and life got in the way. I'd like to go back as soon as I resolve some minor medical issues.

No worries. If you wanted me to know you wouldn't send me to search through over 2400 posts looking for your supposed answers. If you wanted me to know you'd have simply given a short sentence like mine.

Yes, CAP. I'm retired military but tried to go back in after 9/11. They didn't need old senior guys so I wasn't accepted. President Bush asked for Americans to volunteer and do what they could. My then-wife was a budding pilot and I'm retired military pilot, so we both joined a local CAP unit. There are about six of them in the DFW Metroplex. We were with them for about 8 years then work and life got in the way. I'd like to go back as soon as I resolve some minor medical issues.
Thanks for your service, speedy recovery.

Wild goose chases are for those who care. Most of us just roll the eyes and keep on going, having heard the same fake nonsense for years. Heheheheh.

Hope you guys are staying healthy and as content as is possible. Here, the first full day of spring brought us a winter storm and a half foot of fresh lovely snow. Going to buckle on the snowshoes this morning and wander through the forest. Had a routine dr. visit scheduled for Monday; he's going to do it via phone instead. Why yes, Doctor, my BP really *is* 120/80. :laugh:
LOL. My wife did go to the doctor Thursday. A tech met her at the door and took her temperature. If it had been over 98.8, she would have been refused entry and told to go to the hospital. She wasn't.

Thanks for your service, speedy recovery.

Thanks; family tradition. Dad did two tours in Viet Nam, brother (who is set to retire next year) did one year in Iraq and two in Afghanistan.

Thanks! A lot of it is paperwork. The FAA doesn't care if a pilot kills himself flying, but their become very persnickety if that pilot takes someone with him; hence a lot of medical checks.
aviateur.gif

Interesting....keep us posted....;)

LOL. My wife did go to the doctor Thursday. A tech met her at the door and took her temperature. If it had been over 98.8, she would have been refused entry and told to go to the hospital. She wasn't.

Good beans. It seems kind of risky right now to be sitting in a waiting room with ppl who may or may not be ill, when your appt. is just for something routine. Hope you guys continue to stay well.

Thanks; family tradition. Dad did two tours in Viet Nam, brother (who is set to retire next year) did one year in Iraq and two in Afghanistan.

Thanks! A lot of it is paperwork. The FAA doesn't care if a pilot kills himself flying, but their become very persnickety if that pilot takes someone with him; hence a lot of medical checks.
aviateur.gif

Two tours, mercy, my husband did one and that was more than he wanted. My two sisters families are military families. My dad was part of a unit in France, during WWII supply chain. My nephew did 2 tours Iraq, my niece, one tour Afghanistan. Two other nephews, one tour of Dessert Storm, older nephews. My hat off to your family.

I'm going over to the car dealership this morning, but nowhere else today. They won't be open for business, but a few are coming in to do some paperwork for an hour or two.

Rain and fog is good! It takes the virus out of the air. Being the owner of a car with no top, rain isn't one of the things I look forward to. If rain and fog help clean the air, let it rain!

GF is working despite most of her staff has been let go for the time being. We're doing fine (except for the pinched nerve in my back, going to chiropractor next week), we have allergies, but nothing worth being concerned about. All is well....so far. I hope you and everyone stays safe.

Allergies are usually really bad here as we have so much variety growing in the area but sadly many of those suffers are afraid ppl will mistake them for having the virus..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back