The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have allergies too. Sometimes I get these sneezing fits, I'll sneeze 10-20 times, the throat tickle cough, and the packed sinuses to the point I can't breathe through my nose at night. I guess I'll have to avoid people! I told the GF she has to stay more than 6 feet away from me (she called me an ass). We pretty much have what we need, stores are still open to get what we might need later. All is well here, so far...

Sounds like you got them pretty bad.. You take anything?? Half the ppl here are taking something & it seems to help a lot..

I was a Helo Bubba out of MCAS Tustin/MCAS Futenma but did a deployment for a month at Iwakuni when their SAR 46s broke down and they borrowed some of ours. Being they were station and we were wing, my squadron sent 3 HACs to go with the two birds. That was early 80s. Mid-80s the Marine Corps RIF'd 400 pilots including yours truly and being typical Marine Corps they told us "You can do something else in the Marine Corps, you can get out or you can fly Navy".
About 300 of us said "Anchors Aweigh, baby!". :) I flew ASW of aircraft carriers and later a T-34C flight instructor.

A very (shitter drivers) fly USAF and a couple went Army and Coast Guard. Others got out and went Secret Service, FBI and Customs.

Nope all AF. F4, F15, F22, C130, EC47, EC121, T33, T39

I do a netti bottle. It helps rinse the pollen out of the sinuses.

Never heard of that.. But I googled it & I guess that helps.. Most of ppl here take the various over the counter pills & drug regiments from the dr..

It seems to help a lot..

WHen I first moved to the Sacto area they use to burn off the rice fields in the fall & that smoke was on top of all that pollen, molds, grasses & dust.. It was horrid, driving into town it was like driving into a wall of fog..

Never heard of that.. But I googled it & I guess that helps.. Most of ppl here take the various over the counter pills & drug regiments from the dr..

It seems to help a lot..

WHen I first moved to the Sacto area they use to burn off the rice fields in the fall & that smoke was on top of all that pollen, molds, grasses & dust.. It was horrid, driving into town it was like driving into a wall of fog..
I use a bottle instead of a pot, easier to keep clean.

I have that game! It's stashed away in one of my closets on the top shelf. My friends and I played that game for hours when we were kids.

We did too! But not the noisy electronic version -- the old school one with pegs that you stuck in your ships when your opponent called the right grid coordinates. Unless you were playing with my brother Larry. He would cheat and move his ships around. lol

Sounds like you got them pretty bad.. You take anything?? Half the ppl here are taking something & it seems to help a lot..

Yeah, I get it bad. I usually don't take anything, but the GF gets it too, but not as bad. She takes some generic 24 hr. pill and says it works so I took one a few hours ago. We'' see...

We did too! But not the noisy electronic version -- the old school one with pegs that you stuck in your ships when your opponent called the right grid coordinates. Unless you were playing with my brother Larry. He would cheat and move his ships around. lol

I have another one called Sub Search, much the same as you described. I still have Parcheesi, Life, Monopoly and a few more from when I was a kid. They're in pretty good shape if I remember.

Yeah, I get it bad. I usually don't take anything, but the GF gets it too, but not as bad. She takes some generic 24 hr. pill and says it works so I took one a few hours ago. We'' see...

Wow, hope it works well for yea..

I think you need to do a few days w/ some so your body can chill & not over react to that nasty invader pollen..
Pollen-Electron-Microscope-Microscope-Scan-Plants--6057.jpg

Wow, hope it works well for yea..

I think you need to do a few days w/ some so your body can chill & not over react to that nasty invader pollen..
Pollen-Electron-Microscope-Microscope-Scan-Plants--6057.jpg

I'll be fine, it'll pass. It's come early this year, I just hope it doesn't last into summer.

I'll be fine, it'll pass. It's come early this year, I just hope it doesn't last into summer.

Just sayin that most are not a one shot & done, they need you to do them over a few days... They work by calming your bodies over reaction to the pollen...

good luck w/ it..

Just sayin that most are not a one shot & done, they need you to do them over a few days... They work by calming your bodies over reaction to the pollen...

good luck w/ it..

Yes, I know. If there are no side effects, I'll continue to take them to see if they help.

I have another one called Sub Search, much the same as you described. I still have Parcheesi, Life, Monopoly and a few more from when I was a kid. They're in pretty good shape if I remember.

That's awesome; maybe they'll appear on a future episode of Antiques Roadshow. The only old game I've still got from childhood is Scrabble, with the real wooden tiles.

Good morning everyone. We are heading toward the pandemic peak. Hopefully our actions will start making some progress in shutting this thing down. My county has it's first case.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. We are heading toward the pandemic peak. Hopefully our actions will start making some progress in shutting this thing down. My county has it's first case.
We have a few here....making progress...people here are less panicky every day....because, after all, it doesn't do much good to freak out....

Some of the ladies on my regalia group came up with a great idea -- they are using their fabric scraps to make face masks for themselves, family, and to donate for first responders and medical personnel. I compiled all the patterns and info into a Word doc. If anyone is interested in making your own, let me know via PM and I'll send you the file.

We'll get through this together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back