The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning. New York is still the epicenter for COVID-19. and the US has topped 105,000.

And apparently from what I've been reading this morning, our governor (who has been critical of the federal handling of this) is saying that equipment for Michigan has been held up for petty reasons (Trump is miffed that she's been critical). I don't know if this is true or not.

Someone reported the SOS recipe (posted with the official name in our recipe share group) as use of offensive language...;):laugh:

And apparently from what I've been reading this morning, our governor (who has been critical of the federal handling of this) is saying that equipment for Michigan has been held up for petty reasons (Trump is miffed that she's been critical). I don't know if this is true or not.

Washington, DC (CNN)Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said in an interview Friday that her state is not getting the health and safety equipment needed to fight the spread of the novel coronavirus because contractors are sending their products to the federal government first.
Whitmer, a Democrat, said in an interview on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer" that her state's shipments of personal protective equipment are being "canceled" or "delayed."
"Well, we've entered into a number of contracts, and as we get closer to the date when shipments are supposed to come in, they are getting canceled -- getting delayed," Whitmer told Blitzer.
Whitmer said her state was notified that shipments of protective equipment such as face masks are going "first to the federal government" ahead of the states.

"I know Michigan is not alone. I saw Gov. Charlie Baker, Republican from Massachusetts, essentially say the same thing. Same thing with Mayor Garcetti out in Los Angeles. This is an issue we are confronting as a nation, where we are bidding against one another, where we are struggling to grab every PPE (personal protective equipment) we can get our hands on," she added.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/politics/michigan-governor-medical-supplies-cnntv/index.html

Washington, DC (CNN)Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said in an interview Friday that her state is not getting the health and safety equipment needed to fight the spread of the novel coronavirus because contractors are sending their products to the federal government first.
Whitmer, a Democrat, said in an interview on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer" that her state's shipments of personal protective equipment are being "canceled" or "delayed."
"Well, we've entered into a number of contracts, and as we get closer to the date when shipments are supposed to come in, they are getting canceled -- getting delayed," Whitmer told Blitzer.
Whitmer said her state was notified that shipments of protective equipment such as face masks are going "first to the federal government" ahead of the states.

"I know Michigan is not alone. I saw Gov. Charlie Baker, Republican from Massachusetts, essentially say the same thing. Same thing with Mayor Garcetti out in Los Angeles. This is an issue we are confronting as a nation, where we are bidding against one another, where we are struggling to grab every PPE (personal protective equipment) we can get our hands on," she added.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/politics/michigan-governor-medical-supplies-cnntv/index.html

So it is true. American citizens are dying while the feds fumble the ball.

Oh, it’s true, another petulant child move by Trump, he did, finally declare them an emergency, honored her request.

So the Feds are responsible for hospitals not having a disaster plan in place for pandemics complete with supplies?

In other news, Cuomo in NY was demanding 40k ventilators and was busted as the 4k he already has -- are not even in use!!

"Bad orange man...bad, bad, bad!"

Even Covid can't overtake a case of TDS. :laugh:

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/new...cle_fbfe6808-6ddb-11ea-9222-37b6e71e2eef.html

I wouldn't say that! There must be a clearing house to allot limited resources based on need.

Does Michigan need masks or ventilators as bad as New Your right this minute? NY 46,000 cases and rising, Mich. 3,600 slowly rising.

That is just common sense.

We can't find paper towels, TP, tissues because they are being horded. Same with emergency equipment states horde and the ones in bad need can't get them. Hence the need for a clearing house.

I wouldn't say that! There must be a clearing house to allot limited resources based on need.

Does Michigan need masks or ventilators as bad as New Your right this minute? NY 46,000 cases and rising, Mich. 3,600 slowly rising.

That is just common sense.

We can't find paper towels, TP, tissues because they are being horded. Same with emergency equipment states horde and the ones in bad need can't get them.
You said common sense....;)

Oh, it’s true, another petulant child move by Trump, he did, finally declare them an emergency, honored her request.

Oh good. Some of the ppl in my zen class were saying yesterday how broke they are, and how many restaurants just shut down (where they worked PT) because to-go orders weren't enough to keep them afloat. So many of our wonderful little restaurants here are family-owned, and in the downtown area where curbside pick-up is not very workable. Plus ppl go out to eat as much for the ambiance as they do for the food. I hope the small business loans, grants, and personal stimulus checks help them all.

Meanwhile, the mask-making continues apace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back