The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eatin' good in the neighborhood! lol

Last summer when out hunting shrooms I ran across the spine and pelvic bones, plus one scapula, of a fawn/young deer. Those were still articulated, and the lower jaw bone was nearby. I wonder what got the poor little thing? We have coyotes, bears, and rumors of a mountain lion which I find hard to believe. What would your guess be?

Not anymore. It's a damn felony to shoot a cat now. Or any animal they deem could be a pet.

Coyote would be my guess.

Eatin' good in the neighborhood! lol

Last summer when out hunting shrooms I ran across the spine and pelvic bones, plus one scapula, of a fawn/young deer. Those were still articulated, and the lower jaw bone was nearby. I wonder what got the poor little thing? We have coyotes, bears, and rumors of a mountain lion which I find hard to believe. What would your guess be?

I would guess a Mt Lion, or if tiny-still birth.. Even @ a few weeks old they can outrun most predators + the mom can be very aggressive if need be..

Out hiking we run across that occasionally & often wonder about the story behind it.

Heheheh...

sKkeLer.jpg

Morning, the CDC is considering people wear masks when out in public. Makes perfect sense if you are infected and have no symptoms you won't spread the virus. If you're not infected it gives a small measure of protection.

Morning, the CDC is considering people wear masks when out in public. Makes perfect sense if you are infected and have no symptoms you won't spread the virus. If you're not infected it gives a small measure of protection.

It's a good idea, if only we have enough to protect health care workers first.

They were saying even home made masks can help. All kinds of patterns and instructions on the net. I know you have made some.

Yep!

Some sources are now claiming that the home-made kind are next to useless. I imagine that they are right, at least in a health care setting. But for being out and about, while maintaining social distancing, they should be fine. Hopefully ppl remember to wash them between uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back