The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goog morning, all :)

No problem Grump, no offense taken.
It is what it is. It'll get get better.
Worst thing is, I can't go deer hunting. There's a local butcher here who makes the best deer bologna I've ever eaten. It's been 2 yrs. since I had a few rings in the freezer.

Oh, that's too bad. You're in Pennsylvania, right? Missouri's Conservation Dept. has some hunting opportunities for those who need some assistance due to mobility issues. Have you checked to see if there's something similar in PA?

Good morning everyone. Two weeks ago my washer started leaking, thought it was the drain. Had the drain snaked and it was clear. So I put in a work order with my home warranty company and they set me up with an appliance repair company based out of state. I called and they couldn't come out till the 15th which I wasn't happy about. They were supposed to call on Friday and give me a time to expect them. Got no call, so I called yesterday and was informed they made a mistake and couldn't come until Thursday. That set me off I called the warranty company and raised holy hell. Funny they had a contractor in town who will be here today. They must have a list of contractors and you get whoever is at the top of the list that covers your area. They have been very reliable in the past, and this is the first time the warranty company has kind of let me down. But it wasn't their fault but the contractor. My biggest complaint is when you call for help you get an Indian with a strong accent that you can't understand. :(

Oh geeze. Well, hoping that you're able to get that fixed today. Do you have any idea what could be the issue with the washer?

Oh geeze. Well, hoping that you're able to get that fixed today. Do you have any idea what could be the issue with the washer?

I think the pump has gone bad because it is not emptying all the water so when it spins it slings the water out. It's a Kenmore and not all that old.

Oh, that's too bad. You're in Pennsylvania, right? Missouri's Conservation Dept. has some hunting opportunities for those who need some assistance due to mobility issues. Have you checked to see if there's something similar in PA?

I can hunt from my car with a special permit. I can watch the fields and my rifle is extremely accurate at long ranges, but getting there and dragging a heavy deer back out is the problem. Dragging dead weight isn't easy. I have a spot that I hunted for years pretty far from where I parked my car and it's all up hill into the thick woods. Hopefully, after all is said and done, I'll be able to go back again.

I think the pump has gone bad because it is not emptying all the water so when it spins it slings the water out. It's a Kenmore and not all that old.

Did the repair guy show up yet? Hope it is something simple. Kenmores are not supposed to have problems like that. My sister is still using the one that our mom and dad had when we were young.

Did the repair guy show up yet? Hope it is something simple. Kenmores are not supposed to have problems like that. My sister is still using the one that our mom and dad had when we were young.

He is due between 3 and 5 CST. I am sure he will fix to problem.

I can hunt from my car with a special permit. I can watch the fields and my rifle is extremely accurate at long ranges, but getting there and dragging a heavy deer back out is the problem. Dragging dead weight isn't easy. I have a spot that I hunted for years pretty far from where I parked my car and it's all up hill into the thick woods. Hopefully, after all is said and done, I'll be able to go back again.

Yeah, that's the problem with those hunts. You have to have a buddy along to help with the dragging back to the truck bit. Hope they can get you patched up and back in the woods again.

Good morning :)

Did you see Mason and his sock accused me of taking sides in his vendetta? I guess he thinks being respectful is taking sides :rolleyes:

LOL...I did not.... Surely Not in this thread....that would be breaking the rules;)
This is a thread for folks to sit around the old county store with the pot bellied stove in the middle and shoot the breeze in a friendly manner. Any subject is permissible but no flame wars will be tolerated. I will only warn once and it's retro ban. I have already banned those I feel will not play by the rules. We have enough battling in the other threads.

This is a thread for folks to sit around the old county store with the pot bellied stove in the middle and shoot the breeze in a friendly manner. Any subject is permissible but no flame wars will be tolerated. I will only warn once and it's retro ban. I have already banned those I feel will not play by the rules. We have enough battling in the other threads.

Good Morning,Grumpy!

Good morning all. Just another day in the neighborhood. Lawn guy coming today, we finally have some grass to cut.

Good morning to all, except Mason & two of his socks........:whome: lol

I went hiking a few days ago up above 9,000ft & the weather was unbelievable, wonderful.. Down in the Sacto valley it was about 100 but dry heat..

Snow is melting away & the spring flowers are finally starting to come out~mostly the smaller ones, but in a week the taller plants will be blooming & butterfly migrations will commence.....

Most of these flowers are less than 2 inches

For those in the heat zone drink your fluids.
One of my three bp meds is a water pill,I will be skipping that for a few days.
As soon as it gets light,going to raid Kroger for Gatorade!

I went hiking a few days ago up above 9,000ft & the weather was unbelievable, wonderful.. Down in the Sacto valley it was about 100 but dry heat..

Snow is melting away & the spring flowers are finally starting to come out~mostly the smaller ones, but in a week the taller plants will be blooming & butterfly migrations will commence.....

Most of these flowers are less than 2 inches

Gorgeous, Bill! Thanks for sharing. I love alpine flowers. They often look so delicate and fragile, but those guys have to be tougher than nails to survive in their environment. Do you take a field guide with you? Do you know their names?

Good morning all. Nice relaxing day with nothing on the slate. I love being retired.

I know, isn't it great? I usually wake up at 5am. Look at the clock, think "Hmm, what do I have to do today? Oh that's right... Nothing!" ZZZZzzzz for another hour or so. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back