The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO how does it not break when it hits the roots stopping the engine, tranny??

I think every time you hit a root, it slowly fatigues the pot metal that the mower deck spindles are made of. You could probably have a cracked spindle, and not even know it until it breaks completely. I've broken two spindles this season, one on a little tree stump, and one on a rock. Not that hard to fix, but still a PITA.

Eventually, you could break something in the tranny, even though its belt driven. I broke a tranny stabilizer bracket last year. Cheap part, major pain in the arse to replace. Luckily, I didn't snap any bolts off while removing the broken bracket.

I think every time you hit a root, it slowly fatigues the pot metal that the mower deck spindles are made of. You could probably have a cracked spindle, and not even know it until it breaks completely. I've broken two spindles this season, one on a little tree stump, and one on a rock. Not that hard to fix, but still a PITA.

Eventually, you could break something in the tranny, even though its belt driven. I broke a tranny stabilizer bracket last year. Cheap part, major pain in the arse to replace. Luckily, I didn't snap any bolts off while removing the broken bracket.

Great, thank you... I have never had a tracker but my rototiller, which is belt driven has hit a rock or two & the belt slips & the pins in the tines are designed to shear off as well if need be....

Have a great day...is your weather as nice as it is here? Getting so much done;)

Yes. Yesterday was great, today is supposed to be too.

Went to a car show by a lake yesterday, a bit windy, but otherwise a beautiful day. Mid 70's and low humidity.
Was about a 3 hr. drive one way, I think I should have gone to one closer to home. Butt is still sore!

There's one today about 3 or 4 miles away, as soon as it's light enough, going out to clean the car back up.

Yes. Yesterday was great, today is supposed to be too.

Went to a car show by a lake yesterday, a bit windy, but otherwise a beautiful day. Mid 70's and low humidity.
Was about a 3 hr. drive one way, I think I should have gone to one closer to home. Butt is still sore!

There's one today about 3 or 4 miles away, as soon as it's light enough, going out to clean the car back up.
3 or 4 miles sounds like it will much kinder to your rear end...have a good day...I wish it were always like this;)

3 or 4 miles sounds like it will much kinder to your rear end...have a good day...I wish it were always like this;)

Yes, mid 70's and low humidity are welcome...every day!

Despite it being very hot on some, we've been lucky this year on weekends, few with rain. Last year, it was like rain was scheduled on weekends all summer long.

Morning, The weed wars are almost over. Have to get reinforcements to finish. Got the shit scared out of me yesterday. We have a dip in front for rain drainage. It's not bad at one end but gets steeper at the other. I was cutting the grass when I felt the tractor really start leaning. I immediately went into reverse and leaned over the high side as far as I could. Really thought it was going over with me on it. Some times fat is good lol.

Morning, The weed wars are almost over. Have to get reinforcements to finish. Got the shit scared out of me yesterday. We have a dip in front for rain drainage. It's not bad at one end but gets steeper at the other. I was cutting the grass when I felt the tractor really start leaning. I immediately went into reverse and leaned over the high side as far as I could. Really thought it was going over with me on it. Some times fat is good lol.
Glad you're ok...that new tractor is certainly providing (too?) many "adventures"! You can't be that fat....you righted yourself;)

Oh I'm heavy but I carry my weight well. I weigh in at 297 I went to see my upper/lower GI doc and when I told her my weight she said I didn't weigh near that till I got on the scales, lol. I am really happy wit this tractor I have given it hell for two days and it took everything I threw at it.

Oh I'm heavy but I carry my weight well. I weigh in at 297 I went to see my upper/lower GI doc and when I told her my weight she said I didn't weigh near that till I got on the scales, lol. I am really happy wit this tractor I have given it hell for two days and it took everything I threw at it.

I have gone from 280 to 263 in a little over two weeks on the KETO diet.
The science is pretty simple,you stop burning sugar,and start burning fat,as your body goes into ketosis.

Good morning all. I can proudly say the weed war has been won thanks to John Deere, Toro, and Ryobi. Special thanks to my daughter, and grand kids for overcoming the wrath of the dreaded lawn weed.

Good morning all. I can proudly say the weed war has been won thanks to John Deere, Toro, and Ryobi. Special thanks to my daughter, and grand kids for overcoming the wrath of the dreaded lawn weed.

You may have won the battle, but the weed war never ends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back