The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, That is good stuff, works great on weeds on the walk way & I used some on a brand new pair of hiking pants, first time I wore them I sat on a treated post w/ that sticky tar..... Sprayed it on, rubbed it a few mins & took most of it out-repeat a couple times, like new, no stain or wear.:)

I spray for weeds around the foundation and sidewalk cracks a few times a year. I have about a 6" strip of dark mulch around the foundation/cellar walls around my house and keep it weed free.
My house is built into an incline. About 1 ft. of the cellar wall is visible in the front and it gradually drops to level with the basement floor in the back. Looks nice and makes mowing easier.

Yep, carburetor cleaner and starting fluid, gotta keep them on hand at all times. They clean and kill effectively. Good stuff.

Good morning Top. Looks like the Florida Atlantic coast somewhere around Daytona will get Dorian. Right now he is projected to be a cat 2 storm.

I spray for weeds around the foundation and sidewalk cracks a few times a year. I have about a 6" strip of dark mulch around the foundation/cellar walls around my house and keep it weed free.
My house is built into an incline. About 1 ft. of the cellar wall is visible in the front and it gradually drops to level with the basement floor in the back. Looks nice and makes mowing easier.

Yep, carburetor cleaner and starting fluid, gotta keep them on hand at all times. They clean and kill effectively. Good stuff.

LOL, I have the same can, prob over 30+ years old, I can't even remember buying it...... It is dirty & bent & about an 1/8 in the can......:)

Good morning Top. Looks like the Florida Atlantic coast somewhere around Daytona will get Dorian. Right now he is projected to be a cat 2 storm.
Looks like it pretty much skipped over Puerto Rico...hope it chills out by the time it gets to Your Sunshine State...

Looks like it pretty much skipped over Puerto Rico...hope it chills out by the time it gets to Your Sunshine State...

Right now it could hit between Jacksonville (best track) and Miami (worst track). We just have to keep an eye on it.

Good morning all. Looks like Dorian will land at West Palm Beach and turn north toward Orlando. Called our son and told him to button down the hatches.

Good morning all. Looks like Dorian will land at West Palm Beach and turn north toward Orlando. Called our son and told him to button down the hatches.
Good morning....Yep, told the sister the same... and they are.... She's pretty worried about this one....

Good morning....Yep, told the sister the same... and they are.... She's pretty worried about this one....

I'll have my fingers crossed, the good and bad is this isn't a big storm but being more compact it has a bigger wallop. Add to that slow moving and the potential of damage increases. The good news is it will weaken quickly when it hits shore.

I'll have my fingers crossed, the good and bad is this isn't a big storm but being more compact it has a bigger wallop. Add to that slow moving and the potential of damage increases. The good news is it will weaken quickly when it hits shore.
We all are crossing fingers, etc;) ..some good news, though...everyone traveling home for the weekend is already there....that was a concern...

I hope your sister fares okay. I can empathize with her having to worry about all this.
Thanks...they're usually pretty chill with these "events"..this one, they're taking pretty seriously...plus the inlaws are in town for a visit....bet they wish they were still in Canada.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back