The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's it going? Are you grilling anything special on this, the last of the High Holy BBQ Holidays of the summer? Burgers and dogs here.

No we are just goofing off. We did that Saturday and Sunday. As payment to the grand kids for working around the yard.

Hurricane Michael hasn't finished with me. The other night we heard a big bang like a car crash. We and neighbors looked around but didn't see anything. Saturday we were moving stuff stored in my workshop to our 12X24 shed. The grand kids said PaPa there is a tree in the shed. A big limb from my Magnolia who took damage from Michael had broke off and crashed thru the roof. So we spent a couple hours putting new corrugated tin over the hole. $50.00 in materials beats hell out of $5,000.00 for a new shed.

Last edited:
No we are just goofing off. We did that Saturday and Sunday. As payment to the grand kids for working around the yard.

Hurricane Michael hasn't finished with me. The other night we heard a big bang like a car crash. We and neighbors looked around but didn't see anything. Saturday we were moving stuff stored in my workshop to our 12X24 shed. The grand kids said PaPa there is a tree in the shed. A big limb from my Magnolia who took damage from Michael had broke off and crashed thru the roof. So we spent a couple hours putting new corrugated tin over the hole. $50.00 in materials beats hell out of $5,000.00 for a new shed.

Holy cow! It didn't damage inside inside though?

Glad nothing was damaged and you got it fixed. Good sheds are expensive, aren't they? I was looking into getting one, problem is, where I'd want to put it would require at least a Bobcat and a load or two of stone to build it right.

Glad nothing was damaged and you got it fixed. Good sheds are expensive, aren't they? I was looking into getting one, problem is, where I'd want to put it would require at least a Bobcat and a load or two of stone to build it right.

Yes they are. Mine is well built and withstood CAT 5 winds if it hadn't been for the trees it would have been undamaged. Plus the price to replace it has more than doubled what I paid for it.

Good morning dump run today. finally getting rid of the last trashed items from Michael. Then we have to do the same for daughter.

Yes they are. Mine is well built and withstood CAT 5 winds if it hadn't been for the trees it would have been undamaged. Plus the price to replace it has more than doubled what I paid for it.

I'm kind of afraid to even ask.... what are they going for these days? Mr. Owl has had his eye on a tractor for a while now, but we'd need a shed or some sort of outbuilding to store it in. Since neither of us are carpenters that means something pre-fab like a shed.

I'm kind of afraid to even ask.... what are they going for these days? Mr. Owl has had his eye on a tractor for a while now, but we'd need a shed or some sort of outbuilding to store it in. Since neither of us are carpenters that means something pre-fab like a shed.

Anywhere from $1,000.00 to $5,000.00 and up. Not knowing your area I would recommend Home depot or Lowes they can deliver and setup for you and the have everything from small lawn tractor metal sheds to larger wood sheds.

Check with the local voc schools....our neighbor just had a very nice Large one made...took all summer, but the kids did an amazing job....for a fraction of the cost...and they got credit for doing it... (and some "bonuses");)

Anywhere from $1,000.00 to $5,000.00 and up. Not knowing your area I would recommend Home depot or Lowes they can deliver and setup for you and the have everything from small lawn tractor metal sheds to larger wood sheds.

Thanks. We do have a Lowes here, also Menards. Yikes, pretty pricey. He should probably get the tractor/bobcat first before trying to figure out what size shed. Our other issue with it is where to site it to protect it from the winds. We sometimes get gales off the Lake that can blow away anything not tied down firmly. The hoop house has taken a couple of rides on the wind. lol

Thanks. We do have a Lowes here, also Menards. Yikes, pretty pricey. He should probably get the tractor/bobcat first before trying to figure out what size shed. Our other issue with it is where to site it to protect it from the winds. We sometimes get gales off the Lake that can blow away anything not tied down firmly. The hoop house has taken a couple of rides on the wind. lol

Most prefab sheds come with screw in tie downs. That is what my shed has and it didn't move during the hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back