The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cheap little ground anchors that come with some of the prefabricated sheds kind of suck. You better off getting some of these auger type ground anchors, they are much easier to get in the ground especially if you have rocky soil.
https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Screw-Ultimate-Ground-Anchor/dp/B01D3UIA5A

The anchors on my shed are the auger type about two feet long steel. The Amazon ones are very light duty mainly for temp recreational use.

This is what I use.

23520.jpg

Last edited:
The soil is the problem -- it is mostly sand. We would have to first pour a concrete pad and then anchor the outbuilding to that.

That's a good solution, albeit more expensive. If you can form it and finish it yourself, the biggest expense is the concrete itself.

The anchors on my shed are the auger type about two feet long steel. The Amazon ones are very light duty mainly for temp recreational use.

This is what I use.

View attachment 11537

Hurricane proof?? lol

I had a shed w/ doors like that but the wind picked up the entire shed & wedged it against the roof of the house & 7thft fence. Bottom of it about 7ft feet up..

It would have blown a few houses over if it didn't get stuck up there....

Hurricane proof?? lol

I had a shed w/ doors like that but the wind picked up the entire shed & wedged it against the roof of the house & 7thft fence. Bottom of it about 7ft feet up..

It would have blown a few houses over if it didn't get stuck up there....

What type of shed aluminium or steel garden shed? My shed is 2X4 studs on 24 inch centers. 3/4 inch plywood flooring, 12ft X 24ft. It withstood a CAT 5 storm without moving.

What type of shed aluminium or steel garden shed? My shed is 2X4 studs on 24 inch centers. 3/4 inch plywood flooring, 12ft X 24ft. It withstood a CAT 5 storm without moving.

It was a cheap prefab metal & not anchored to any floor. (I think 8 X 12)....... (I did after that) as we never had winds like that & they were funneling between the houses......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back