The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to my buddy on Fri. He said probably 2 weeks, he has a '56 Chevy on his lift now and a Jaguar with transmission problems going on it next. We did discuss doing it in my garage, but the lack of room, jacking it high enough and heat are the issues. I need to build a 3 car garage with a lift (although I don't see that happening anytime soon)!!
Wouldn't that be something you'd love to have, though?;)
A local built one of those just around the corner years ago...he and his buddies turned it into one of the most respected repair shops in the area...and they have a place to do their projects on the weekend... (and they paid for it a couple of hundred times over...lol)

Wouldn't that be something you'd love to have, though?;)
A local built one of those just around the corner years ago...he and his buddies turned it into one of the most respected repair shops in the area...and they have a place to do their projects on the weekend... (and they paid for it a couple of hundred times over...lol)

One of the guys I go to car shows with has a lift in his garage, he says it was a great investment. He uses it all the time (I probably would too).
The mechanic I deal with had a garage not even a 1/4 mile from me, but it was old and the roof went. So he built a much larger shop below his house (you ought to see the house he built!) about 2 miles from me. He does a lot of work on large trucks now that most shops don't have the room for. He's doing quite well.

I talked to my buddy on Fri. He said probably 2 weeks, he has a '56 Chevy on his lift now and a Jaguar with transmission problems going on it next. We did discuss doing it in my garage, but the lack of room, jacking it high enough and heat are the issues. I need to build a 3 car garage with a lift (although I don't see that happening anytime soon)!!

Heat is easily solved with a kerosene convection heater. They are virtually orderless, silent, and can run all day on a couple of gallons of kerosene. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dyna-Glo-23800-BTU-Convection-Kerosene-Heater/1000241241

Heat is easily solved with a kerosene convection heater. They are virtually orderless, silent, and can run all day on a couple of gallons of kerosene. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dyna-Glo-23800-BTU-Convection-Kerosene-Heater/1000241241

I was looking at one of those. I sold a brand new in the box kerosene heater I got when my father died at a yard sale years ago.

hqdefault.jpg

Like this one, but in brown

:thinking:

I was looking at one of those. I sold a brand new in the box kerosene heater I got when my father died at a yard sale years ago.

hqdefault.jpg

Like this one, but in brown

:thinking:

Yep, I have a couple like the one in the link I posted, and they work really well. Not familiar with the type you posted. I've seen them at the store, just never used one.

I use mine for work, to heat garages in winter to set up my wetsaw for tile work. I refuse to do tile jobs in winter if I don't have an indoor place to set up. You can also heat cans of soup and chili on top for lunch, lol. Not kidding.

Yep, I have a couple like the one in the link I posted, and they work really well. Not familiar with the type you posted. I've seen them at the store, just never used one.

I use mine for work, to heat garages in winter to set up my wetsaw for tile work. I refuse to do tile jobs in winter if I don't have an indoor place to set up. You can also heat cans of soup and chili on top for lunch, lol. Not kidding.

I never used it. The cars I kept in the garage stayed in during winter and I didn't work on them so I sold it. I have little room in my garage to do much.

Hello EE! How are ya?

Not bad. Spent the weekend repairing my utility trailer after loaning it out plus the side wood needed to be replaced and I made a new tailgate for it. I have replaced the tail lights numerous time when people back the trailer into things. So the new rule is you break anything you pay for the repair.

Not bad. Spent the weekend repairing my utility trailer after loaning it out plus the side wood needed to be replaced and I made a new tailgate for it. I have replaced the tail lights numerous time when people back the trailer into things. So the new rule is you break anything you pay for the repair.

My problem is I loan stuff out and never see it again. Then I forget about it.

I haven't done much lately, just waiting to get my car up to my friend's garage.
It snowed yesterday and it's in the 20's today, so I'm not doing much today.
I can't wait until spring so I can get out and do shit. Hibernation sucks!

Just saw this:
"Better to be annoyingly positive and optimistic rather than destructively negative and hateful"....
Yepyep;)

It's National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day...show your support...say thanks if nothing else, to the men and women who are there for us every day....

Good morning, I see the natives were restless last night. Oh did you see where Harry and Megan are resigning as senior royals? I guess the queen isn't happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back