The Historicity of Jesus Christ

THE TRIAD of Western Civilization! That sounds amazingly erudite!
OOOoooOOooooo I must be an uneducated moron! The TOUCHSTONE for the West. Wow.
Gosh, Cypress, I was wrong: you are super deep and insightful. I read everything you write and I jump up and down trying to get your attention!! :cheer:
^^^ Perry the PhD thinks the words triad, touchstone, and entropy are totally exotic and nobody outside of Ivy League professors could know about them. That's understandable for someone like Perry with a high school education, mental problems, and whose only skill is frantic Googling.

Ironically the people who supposedly HUNG OUT WITH THE REAL JESUS DISAGREED WITH PAUL on proselytizing to the Gentiles.

Woah! It must be true BECAUSE I READ IT ON AN ATHEIST BLOG POST!

Jesus commands the gospel be taken to the gentiles:

Matthew 28:18-20: "Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

Acts 1:8 Jesus said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. ;But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth

^^^ Perry the PhD thinks the words triad, touchstone, and entropy are totally exotic and nobody outside of Ivy League professors could know about them. That's understandable for someone like Perry with a high school education, mental problems, and whose only skill is frantic Googling.

You are a pompous ass, Wikipedia Scholar. That was the point. Too bad you're too stupid to figure it out.

Jesus commands the gospel be taken to the gentiles:

So it makes you wonder why the folks Paul met in Jerusalem...the folks who ACTUALLY KNEW THE PHYSICAL CHRIST, would differ on Paul's approach to opening up the faith to the Gentiles without their adherence to Judaic strictures.

Again, I'm not like you in that I'm not convinced every word of all the Gospels is absolutely true and literal. I'm willing to imagine that the author of Matthew made some stuff up. It might explain the various inconsistencies between the Gospels. Even in regards to Jesus' teachings.

I get it that there is a "Grand Commission" to the faith as the Gospels outline, but I'm curious why this isn't more obvious in Paul's interactions with the Jerusalem Church and the folks who actually KNEW Jesus.

And maybe the disagreement was more subtle. Maybe it was just "circumcision" but the expansion of that faith to become one in which the Judaic rules were NO LONGER required does appear to be a bone of contention between Paul and the Jerusalem Church.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of an armchair historian.

No historical Jesus, no Christianity.
The influence of Christianity on western civilization and western history in terms of values, culture, politics, art, ethics, literature, even science and literacy is incalculable. One doesn't' even have to accept Jesus as a deity to accept that fact. Our language, values, ethics, history are pregnant with the stories, parables, ethics, sermons, values expressed in the New Testament, even for those who call themselves atheists or agnostics.

The trajectory of western civilization is an arc that stretches back to the historical Jesus of Nazareth.
morality is rational.

thats what you're trying to say.

What does morality have to do with right and wrong when it is defining good and evil social compliance to will of the species pretending to be the chosen people.
I reject the racist aspect of compromised Zionist Christo-racism.

Jesus was trying to bring enlightenment to the tribalist dessert people.

Jesus was a essentially a Buddhist.

Buddhism does not worship a Father. Do they?

In Luke 12:16-21

Jesus concludes the parable by warning, “So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God” (Luke 12:21 NKJV). This parable underscores the transient nature of earthly wealth and the importance of prioritizing spiritual riches over material possessions.

In Luke 12:16-21

Jesus concludes the parable by warning, “So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God” (Luke 12:21 NKJV). This parable underscores the transient nature of earthly wealth and the importance of prioritizing spiritual riches over material possessions.
Jesus talks about the "Father." Where is this in Buddhism?

I reject the racist aspect of compromised Zionist Christo-racism.

Jesus was trying to bring enlightenment to the tribalist dessert people.

Jesus was a essentially a Buddhist.

John 10:30 In-Context​

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.
30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him,
32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

Where do Buddhists talk about the "Father?"

PLEASELEARNENGLISHGRAMMAR

John 10:30 In-Context​

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.
30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him,
32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

Where do Buddhists talk about the "Father?"
that's not an important aspect of christianity.

father is a metaphor.

Back