The most useless university degrees

Thanks for the projection and proving my point.

Who do you think lives a happier life in retirement:

A 70 year old man and his wife on 20 acres, a two bedroom cabin on well water and septic, a couple of wind turbines plus county electric, a chicken coop and enough money in the bank to cover groceries and land taxes.

A 70 year old man, divorced, in a $350K car in the driveway of a $3.5M house, $200M in the bank and playing russian roulette alone while looking in a mirror?

No me to judge.

I love it when dumb people bash education.

It's classic Sour Grapes out of Aesop's Fables. They brag about their own success without a High School degree, much less college, then fail to mention how their peers who went on to college often did a lot better.

I suppose that China Joe would call Mr. Owl's BS in industrial engineering "useless" as well, since he only worked in manufacturing for a brief couple of years after graduation. He then began taking computer/software engineering courses on his own, while moving to that IT environment for a large health insurance corporation. He also has a masters in finance/economics, which has little to do with the 31 years he spent working as a systems architect/software engineer.

My daughter-in-law has a BS in industrial engineering as well, yet works as an on-line math instructor.

Yep, pretty "useless." lol

Anyone in the IT world knows degrees are pretty worthless when it comes to the jobs market, it's all about those certifications. ;)

Back