The most useless university degrees

I would speculate that close to 100% of the people whining about education flunked high school.

I'd bet against that. I would tend to agree with you if you said "dropped out of college, only had a few college classes or never tried to go to higher education".

While that video is pretty sad, he most certainly has a great point..

One of my daughters has a degree mentioned, a minor actually in communications-major in business admin.. Focus was on media.

After a few years of paying her dues & thankfully able to work from home she is working for Disney & Intel ~pretty nice gigs....:)

Of the rest I don't know but one actually working in the field of their major & she is very happy working for a theater company in Dallas but she isn't quitting her "day job"

Our observations about education tend to be skewed by self-serving prejudices.
I've never heard a Princeton or Harvard PHD go on about useless degrees.

On the other hand, some of the most sadly stupid people I've ever known--
not merely ignorant but actually stupid--
love to blather on about how "common sense" is more important than "book learning."

Am I alone in this observation? I highly doubt it.

Anyone who has a BA, MA, or PhD degree in English literature, philosophy, art history, et al. and pursued that education with passion and commitment get nothing but respect from me. And I was on the science track.

You are not alone. The people that tend to yuck it up about useless college degrees tend to be people who never graduated college.

Last edited:
Anyone who has a BA, MA, or PhD degree in English literature, philosophy, art history, et al. and pursued that education with passion and commitment get nothing but respect from me. And I was on the science track.

You are not alone. The people that tend to yuck it up about useless college degrees tend to be people who never graduated college.

Agreed. I haven't seen anyone with an advanced degree who lamented pursuing it.

Although he didn't say a Philosophy degree would be worth more, he did mention that the purpose of tech was to free people to be creative. An example was Joe's podcast; a creative career that didn't exist 20 years ago.

I'm fairly certain that talk shows existed pre-Internet.

Our observations about education tend to be skewed by self-serving prejudices.
I've never heard a Princeton or Harvard PHD go on about useless degrees.

On the other hand, some of the most sadly stupid people I've ever known--
not merely ignorant but actually stupid--
love to blather on about how "common sense" is more important than "book learning."

Am I alone in this observation? I highly doubt it.

You are not. I actually had a family member slap a book out of my hands, decades ago, and tell me that reading is for people who have no common sense.

Of course, because that is a course offered at all the libtard-infected universities in America. That's why foreign citizens flock here to attend them. :awesome:

Gad Saad comes up with some really wonderful Failed University course names that are for the moment satire....dont count on that lasting....I am pretty sure that was one of his.

Gad Saad comes up with some really wonderful Failed University course names that are for the moment satire....dont count on that lasting....I am pretty sure that was one of his.

You sad deplorables have many ways to mock higher education. No one cares.

Back