The Official Round II Debate thread

I'm not saying that it is the only factor, but there is little doubt that it is a deciding factor. My debate with USF shows me that a well written, unpopular argument can win over a popular but poorly thought out position. But I have no doubt that the debater with the less popular position must present a better argument to break even.
I essentially agree with you but I think that's the nature of the competition. You're odds of getting the unpopular end ot the stick are 50/50 for each debate so it evens out. I knew in my debate that even if my competitor was close I'd be in trouble. Turns out I was right.

Other things do make you shake your head though. I mean Skidmarks arguments in our debate were borderline incoherent and I savaged him easily but I still only won by a single point.

I essentially agree with you but I think that's the nature of the competition. You're odds of getting the unpopular end ot the stick are 50/50 for each debate so it evens out. I knew in my debate that even if my competitor was close I'd be in trouble. Turns out I was right.

Other things do make you shake your head though. I mean Skidmarks arguments in our debate were borderline incoherent and I savaged him easily but I still only won by a single point.
That's why I asked for a point total by judge (and I'm still waiting). USF had the popular position but, like Skidmark, his argument sucked. It sucked so bad, in fact, that I couldn't come up with a decent question to ax him.

How comes you clowns decided against me in 3 nanoseconds but it's taking forever to score 3D and Yurt? What's up wit dat?
Blow job contests take time. Especially when the judges are older since it takes them a long time to "recharge". You didn't enter that phase of the competition so lost relatively quickly.

I'm not saying that it is the only factor, but there is little doubt that it is a deciding factor. My debate with USF shows me that a well written, unpopular argument can win over a popular but poorly thought out position. But I have no doubt that the debater with the less popular position must present a better argument to break even.

i actually see it the other way. I expect a better argument from the one that has the easier side to debate.

Personally, I thought both Mott and Winter had solid opening statements and I would have had a tough time deciding who got that point. But after that Winter was the clear victor in rebuttal and the answer to the one question. (just my opinion)

That's why I asked for a point total by judge (and I'm still waiting). USF had the popular position but, like Skidmark, his argument sucked. It sucked so bad, in fact, that I couldn't come up with a decent question to ax him.

you could have asked him a question about wikipedia :cof1:

SM, for the millionth time, you're victory in that debate had nothing to do with your debating skills, it had to do with the complete and utter incompetence and dishonesty of your opponent. You are one smug little fuck. It's like you're a coach boasting about how you advanced in playoff football because the other team died in a plane crash on the way there.

Man I'm offended now. Winter and I took our debate to a new level and I get spitted out as the loser in 3 nano seconds. Yurt and 3D spent 5 minutes quoting Miriams Dictionary and ya'll take over a day and still haven't posted a winner!! WTF?

Man I'm offended now. Winter and I took our debate to a new level and I get spitted out as the loser in 3 nano seconds. Yurt and 3D spent 5 minutes quoting Miriams Dictionary and ya'll take over a day and still haven't posted a winner!! WTF?

I didn't quote Miriam because she's a bitch who can't spell for crap!!! I quoted Dictionary.Com!!!!

it took me 6 minutes!!!!!

son of a babboon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is an inside look of judges chambers:

Bv50D.jpg

Back