The Official Round II Debate thread

Quoting a liar in your OP was an interesting tactic.
I've seen what you're talking about in the site that you always go to for your talking ponts, the Huffington Post. "I wasn't there when the interrogation took place; instead, I relied on what I'd heard and read inside the agency at the time." He said the same thing to CNN. I'm not sure how that makes him a liar, but then again you lib-tards make up your own definitions of words all the time, so the term "lie" must mean something different to you.

You may have blew the Q&A portion SM. You asked 3 questions not 1. Don't know if the Judges will alow that. You may have seriously put your self behind the 8 ball doing that.
They will have to be consistent. Captain basically ax'd five questions in one sentence, and I boiled it down to four and answered each of them. :)

I've seen what you're talking about in the site that you always go to for your talking ponts, the Huffington Post. "I wasn't there when the interrogation took place; instead, I relied on what I'd heard and read inside the agency at the time." He said the same thing to CNN. I'm not sure how that makes him a liar, but then again you lib-tards make up your own definitions of words all the time, so the term "lie" must mean something different to you.

He admitted that what he reported, and what you quoted him as saying, were false. The claim that Abu Zubayda caved after 30 to 35 seconds of waterbaording and was compliant thereafter was completely false. We now know that Zubayda was waterboarded 83 times in a single month.

This is the quote:

JOHN: He resisted. He was able to withstand the water boarding for quite some time. And by that I mean probably 30, 35 seconds--

BRIAN ROSS: That's quite some time.

JOHN:--which was quite some time. And a short time afterwards, in the next day or so, he told his interrogator that Allah had visit him in his cell during the night and told him to cooperate because his cooperation would make it easier on the other brothers who had been captured. And from that day on he answered every question just like I'm sitting here speaking to you.

Not true.

He admitted that what he reported, and what you quoted him as saying, were false. The claim that Abu Zubayda caved after 30 to 35 seconds of waterbaording and was compliant thereafter was completely false. We now know that Zubayda was waterboarded 83 times in a single month.

This is the quote:

Not true.
What part wasn't true, and how does that impact my claim? Who cares if the guy was waterboarded once, or 83 fucking times? They got the intel out of him, and that intel went to get a bigger fish. Making that asshole think he was drowning saved lives.

You lib-turds want to massage his balls fer crissakes.

What part wasn't true, and how does that impact my claim? Who cares if the guy was waterboarded once, or 83 fucking times? They got the intel out of him, and that intel went to get a bigger fish. Making that asshole think he was drowning saved lives.

You lib-turds want to massage his balls fer crissakes.

I ain't debating with you. I'm just commenting on the interesting tactic of relying on a liar to support your position.

I ain't debating with you. I'm just commenting on the interesting tactic of relying on a liar to support your position.
And so far you've failed to show that he lied or how that impacts my position. I understand you not wanting to debate me though.

They will have to be consistent. Captain basically ax'd five questions in one sentence, and I boiled it down to four and answered each of them. :)
No, he states a number of conditions but only asked you one question "....how does it benefit our nation or our military significantly as a policy? "

You also state a number of conditions but then ask three distinct question ."...Would you waterboard the guy? If not, what would you tell the mothers of the soldiers who would needlessly die? Why wouldn’t you use every tool that’s proven to be effective?"

You may have blew the Q&A portion SM. You asked 3 questions not 1. Don't know if the Judges will alow that. You may have seriously put your self behind the 8 ball doing that.
His question, and indeed entire premise, was flawed greatly.

Answer posted BTW.

this is such a logical fallacy....apparently you have proof this person lied about some "thing" yet you have no assertion that what sm cited is false...

well....he lied about this, then everything else is false. what is ironic is that you would rely on what a politician claims when you know that politician has lied in the past....

No, he states a number of conditions but only asked you one question "....how does it benefit our nation or our military significantly as a policy? "

You also state a number of conditions but then ask three distinct question ."...Would you waterboard the guy? If not, what would you tell the mothers of the soldiers who would needlessly die? Why wouldn’t you use every tool that’s proven to be effective?"
Its all basically the same question. Regardless, your predictions on the outcomes of my debates have done rather poorly so far, and I suspect this time as well.

Shooot. I thought that the trouble I'd have in organizing this debate is that I'd get to many people participating who had the IQ of a Mauritanian Sea Slug.......but hell....it's the God Damned Judges. Someone needs to give them a public kick up their backside.

Shooot. I thought that the trouble I'd have in organizing this debate is that I'd get to many people participating who had the IQ of a Mauritanian Sea Slug.......but hell....it's the God Damned Judges. Someone needs to give them a public kick up their backside.
This is what you get for not stocking it with youngins, the most active members here.

Now you're getting all pissy because you lost, and against Solitary. :)

It's not your level of activity that was in question. Hmmmm let's see....You, 3D and Grind as judges.....what would the odds be that Skidmark would win this contest be? [/sarcasm]
Actually, since Three originally did not want to participate, I wanted it me, Grind, and Water as judges. Clearly the most fair and impartial panel around.

Now you're getting all pissy because you lost, and against Solitary. :)
Well it does sting that they made such a quick decision our debate when even my opponent thought I one and then they take 4 days and still haven't announced the winner of 3D and Yurt who didn't even have a debate but a dictionary quoting contest. It's absurd.

So don't get on your high horse, I can whoop your ass in a debate with one hemisphere of my brain tied behind my back.

Well it does sting that they made such a quick decision our debate when even my opponent thought I one and then they take 4 days and still haven't announced the winner of 3D and Yurt who didn't even have a debate but a dictionary quoting contest. It's absurd.

So don't get on your high horse, I can whoop your ass in a debate with one hemisphere of my brain tied behind my back.

Sadly you won't get that chance in this tourny. Unless you'd like to hold a runner up division for all the people who lost this one.

Back