The only thing that stops a bad child with a gun is a good child with a gun!

The NRA and it's leaders are a basic right granted by the Constitution?
Had I been talking about them, that would be the first Amendment the part where we are allowed to assemble, so yeah, even they are a basic right granted by the Constitution.

Why do you insist on coming unarmed to a battle of wits?

The only thing that stops any bad person with a gun is the total banning of the NRA and the arrest of its leaders as accessories to every gun-murder.

See? He never called for the banning of guns, but as usual, that doesn't stop you from responding as though he did.

And people wonder why some on the right think that the left wants to remove a basic right granted in the constitution...

There's you...claiming the NRA is a basic right granted in the constitution. Don't get mad at me because of your imprecise choice of words.

Had I been talking about them, that would be the first Amendment the part where we are allowed to assemble, so yeah, even they are a basic right granted by the Constitution.

Why do you insist on coming unarmed to a battle of wits?

And as usual, rather than acknowledge your error, you now attack me for pointing out your mistake.

So far other than rants about the second amendment which has long ago worn out it's usefulness and should be amended, and statements from slave owning champions of universal freedom like George Washington not withstanding and a Constitution that guarantees the right to a gun but not the right to a ballot, I see nothing here so far from the right wingers and libertarians so-called that represents even a minimal attempt to debate the issue. The fact is that guns in the home are five times more likely to be used against someone in the home than they are against any intruder. And a gun in the home increases the chances that someone in the home will be shot by about 25 times. That is why, the number of homes with guns in them has been dropping: gun ownership dropped from 54% of households in 1977 to 32.3% of households in 2012. This is evidence enough that while there are nearly 300 million guns in private hands they are in fewer and fewer private hands, which is why the NRA and the gun manufacturers and their rabid supporters are increasingly boisterous in their fear mongering and why we are regaled by stories of gangs of roving rapists busting through walls and attacking women and babies who don't arm themselves with AR 15s or other large magazine automatic weaponry. Data is your friend; it helps to have some!

Gun Ownership is Down

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/us/rate-of-gun-ownership-is-down-survey-shows.html?pagewanted=all

Possessing a gun makes you less safe not more safe.

http://www.examiner.com/article/possessing-a-gun-makes-you-less-safe-not-more-safe

One Nation Under the Gun:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/04/23/120423fa_fact_lepore

Once again; your sources are lying to you hoping you are indeed as gullible and stupid as you type/look.

So tell me something genius; how did gun laws prevent the killings in the DC Naval Base? How did gun laws prevent Newtown? The reality and fact is that they didn't do a thing to prevent nutbags from committing their heinous crimes.

For the quadrillionth time; criminals don't give a rats ass about laws. They're criminals. They BREAK the law. On,y dimwitted dipshits think that passing more restrictive laws will cause criminals to stop BREAKING our laws.

What bunch of incredible dumbasses.

Last edited:
See? He never called for the banning of guns, but as usual, that doesn't stop you from responding as though he did.

There's you...claiming the NRA is a basic right granted in the constitution. Don't get mad at me because of your imprecise choice of words.

And as usual, rather than acknowledge your error, you now attack me for pointing out your mistake.
I educated you on the first Amendment. That was not an attack. Now my question was in wonder, you really don't actually think before you type nor, it seems, can you actually sound out your own words so that you can know how inane you sound...

Again, Yes. The NRA is a guaranteed right (see first Amendment guarantee to assemble), along with weapons (see second Amendment).

If you believe you have enough support to Amend it so it fits your image, then please do so, but otherwise sit back and learn before you make a further fool of yourself.

It is not criminals that gun owners are truly worried about, it is what people like you will allow the government to do when we have no defence against them, as you clearly wish.

The 2nd will never be amended. It is part of the Bill of Rights, the importance of which, you sadly have no idea.

There has never in our history been a more important time for private ownership of guns than now.

I think a pioneer on a wagon train may disagree with you on that point, but why spoil your fun.

But if true and we take it to its logical conclusion the only thing that stops a bad child with a gun is a good child with a gun so we must begin arming all children at the age of three and making sure that everyone of them can shoot straight.

How in the world is giving firearms to children a logical conclusion to the claim that civilians can defend themselves? When you throw horsecrap in like this you pretty much blow any actual point you may have made.

How in the world is giving firearms to children a logical conclusion to the claim that civilians can defend themselves? When you throw horsecrap in like this you pretty much blow any actual point you may have made.

Watch, next they'll start talking about NUKES and WMD's. Because those are logical arguments.

This represents more debunking, if any was necessary at this point, of the all too common and irrational notion among some Democrats-In-Name-Only (DINOs) and most Republicans that more guns equal fewer gun deaths. This was a notion first promulgated by John Lott, an economics PhD who made his mark and his millions on the right wing political scene with his fabricated, and statistically challenged book from 1999 titled More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws now in its 3rd edition. This book is the source for most of the mistaken notions about gun ownership in America. But in what can only be seen as shades of Eugene McCarthy an earlier article and this book were based at least partly on a survey of 2,424 people that was lost in a 1997 hard drive crash and has never been substantiated beyond Lott's claims of its authenticity and other papers he claimed he abandoned when he moved from Yale to Chicago. I think his dog ate some of it too, but this hasn't been substantiated either. In short, Lott and those who quote him are using questionable statistics in nearly every case. This shyster, even posted a positive review of his own book using an alias at Amazon. But like far too many right wing myths, this one too is now part of the conservative DINO lexicon and its confused logic and questionable statistics have been absorbed as fact by too many intellectually challenged individuals on both the left and right. The evidence is exceedingly clear that more guns do not make us safer they result in more gun deaths. What this article from Sunday's New York Times shows is that the number of deaths of children from gun violence is underreported by about half. And that the very idea that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun is a foolish and ignorant mockery of common sense. But if true and we take it to its logical conclusion the only thing that stops a bad child with a gun is a good child with a gun so we must begin arming all children at the age of three and making sure that everyone of them can shoot straight. If this idea sounds ridiculous to you, and it should, then you might want to rethink all the NRA propaganda you have heard for the past year since the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School and reassess what it means to arm so many people and have guns laying around. We need to begin getting serious about restricting access to guns. The fewer guns there are the fewer gun deaths there will be. The more guns there are the more children will be killed with them. And more children will kill other children when they find them. And find them they will, to believe otherwise is moronic in the extreme. Indeed, since the tragedy of Sandy Hook at least 120 children have died in accidental gun shootings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?src=me&ref=general&_r=0

it is not so much that i disagree with you regarding the misuse of statistics, but what about the responsible firearm owners that keep their firearms locked up, and teach their children the responsible use of firearms?

my older son, son-in-law and i keep our firearms locked.

an another statistic you may be interested in is that the number of firearm owners has declined over recent years while the number of firearm owners with multiple firearms has increased...can we say paranoia?

it is not so much that i disagree with you regarding the misuse of statistics, but what about the responsible firearm owners that keep their firearms locked up, and teach their children the responsible use of firearms?

my older son, son-in-law and i keep our firearms locked.

an another statistic you may be interested in is that the number of firearm owners has declined over recent years while the number of firearm owners with multiple firearms has increased...can we say paranoia?

How is 105,000,000 less than 68,000,000? Or is this one of those 'math' questions like when they say my premium increase of 110% is getting my costs lowered?

Amendments gave me rights, and it gave me the ability to own property.

Rights are not given by anything but birth. The amendments simply state the government can no longer infringe upon your rights in those ways.

Back