The only thing that stops a bad child with a gun is a good child with a gun!

The reason I said it is because it shows just how stupid the original propaganda that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun is.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/patricia-maisch-describes-stopping-gunman-reloading/story?id=12577933

No you said it because you are offensively stupid and as is typical with lefttards use incredibly stupid absurd strawman claims to defend your incredibly dense and failed ideology.

Moron.

Case in point: Jerad Lee Laughner the shooter in the Massacre that felled but did not kill Gabby Giffords was not stopped from obtaining a gun by current or proposed gun laws.

Dumbass.

The reason I said it is because it shows just how stupid the original propaganda that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun is. Case in point: Jerad Lee Laughner the shooter in the Massacre that felled but did not kill Gabby Giffords was wrestled to the ground by an unarmed woman and unarmed others.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/patricia-maisch-describes-stopping-gunman-reloading/story?id=12577933

and yet when the shooting starts, who do you cowards cry for? a good guy with a gun (cops)

You didn't think when you wrote the post I quoted, so I doubt you actually thought about this one either.

You wouldn't know though would you, since you have one. How many men do yhou think have killed themselves because of women? I suppose you are right though since it was the women's minds that actually destroyed those men.

Sounds to me like you have some unresolved issues with women; that isn't my problem, that is your problem. If there are men who are so weak that they commit suicide over some woman there should be some statistics for this! Do you have any statistics to back up your silly claims? Being so fearful of women and their vaginas must get in the way of productive relationships with women doesn't it? Perhaps you need to seek therapy with a strong woman therapist and work some of these issues out through transference. A message board is not the proper place to discuss this in any depth, so I hesitate to delve any deeper into your obviously troubled psyche.

Sounds to me like you have some unresolved issues with women; that isn't my problem, that is your problem. If there are men who are so weak that they commit suicide over some woman there should be some statistics for this! Do you have any statistics to back up your silly claims? Being so fearful of women and their vaginas must get in the way of productive relationships with women doesn't it? Perhaps you need to seek therapy with a strong woman therapist and work some of these issues out through transference. A message board is not the proper place to discuss this in any depth, so I hesitate to delve any deeper into your obviously troubled psyche.

LOL, sure honey. If you only knew.

So, you now thank STNone's post that liberals aren't intelligent?

Noted

Really Rana? Read his post again. I didn't thank that part.

I wish I could explain the need for guns but it is family history for me, and the reality was horrific.

I am sorry that you and I disagree about anything, I wish you could understand yet I am glad your family did not go through what mine did.

This is the first time you and I have ever disagreed to my knowledge, so having stated my case, I will bow out of this thread and return to my previous practice of avoiding gun threads.

I too hold contempt for STY for various issues, especially his disdain for liberals, but he is correct on many issues as well, like most of us.

I am sorry Dantes, I think we could have been friends but you are too divisive for me right now.
I will try to just ignore you, but if you feel the need to attack me again I will likely put you on ignore.

Suicide is the leading cause of death among males in their 40s.

Four out of five suicide victims are male.

This is a long article, it may be too long for you, but near the end the answer becomes obvious;

http://mag.newsweek.com/2013/05/22/...-and-epidemic-and-what-we-can-do-to-help.html

Most mass killers are men, too. How many of these suicides are committed after a mass killing. Is that because they are driven to those crimes by women? Do you think some woman drove Adam Lanza to kill those children at Sandy Hook and then shoot himself?

Perhaps you should temper your tendency to make assumptions? Why would this article be "too long" for me? Are you assuming that because I am a woman? Are we supposed to lack the attention span of men because of our hormones? I have actually read War and Peace (1869) two times and several other rather long novels including Anna Karenina (1878) Mann's Joseph and His Brothers (1933-1943), Musil's The Man Without Qualities (1930) and Proust's Remembrance of Things Past (published posthumously from 1924-1927) I doubt I will find a simple article in Newsweek "too long;" too boring and banal, probably, but certainly not "too long." I can't wait until I get to the part where the statistics are. Too bad you couldn't just post them and save me the trouble of scanning for them. I would guess that any suicides that men think they commit because of women are the result of their own unhealthy obsessions, and not a result of the actions of the women they obsess over. We will always probably disagree on this because as Darla's signature shows, blaming the woman is Biblical! And absolutely none of this has anything to do with children finding guns and shooting other children with them! I guess you didn't really want to argue that issue!

Edited after reading Newsweek article:

Further after reading that article in it's entirety I still don't see where it says what you claim it says and in fact it says this:

"In wealthy countries, suicide is the leading cause of death for men in their 40s, a top-five killer of men in their 50s, and the burden of suicide has increased by double digits in both groups since 1990.

The situation is even more dramatic for white, middle-aged women, who experienced a 60 percent rise in suicide in that same period, a shift accompanied by a comparable increase in emergency-room visits for drug-related (usually prescription-drug-related) attempts to die."

The Venn diagram that is supposed to explain the motivation and possibility for suicide lists three conditions: "Thwarted Belongingness" (his father's lack of friends in retirement); "Perceived Burdensomeness" (people who have suffered an illness unemployment or other condition that makes them dependent on others); and Capability For Suicide (not being afraid to die). I would offer that the opposite might be the case here, that being afraid to die can cause people to commit suicide because it gives them control over their own death. I don't put much stock in academics or what they think about things. But while I don't agree with much here, I do agree that suicide is a multiply determined act. I don't believe that people commit suicide because their girl friend leaves them; I think people commit suicide for a strong combination of reasons that probably varies from one individual to another which is why it is so hard to effectively prevent or predict who will and who won't commit suicide. But I found nothing in this article that attributed the increasingly high rates of suicide among the most suicide prone groups those of "athletes, doctors, prostitutes, and bulimics" and those "who tamp down" the desire to scream, to women or their body parts.

In fact, there was no relationship incontrovertibly established between women's actions and the suicide of men. The author that the article profiles claims that his father killed himself because in his retirement years he had no close male friends, not because of anything his wife did to him. Perhaps you can show me where this article demonstrates or says that men kill themselves because of what women do to them. The only indication that suicide may be related to interpersonal relationships is the increased suicide rate among divorcees. But there was no statistics on whether or not more men or women were more likely to kill themselves after their divorces, although the article did stress that far more women attempted suicide and failed than men did. The article also indicated that women with children were less likely to kill themselves. Something that was evidently not true of men, because for some reason men evidently can't bond with their children in the same way that women do. Or the bond established by men doesn't prevent men from committing suicide. Again the article was fairly and uncomfortably ambiguous in nearly all particulars and made several rather problematic claims that were simply posited almost as opinions.

Mostly the article was distressing because it seemed to promise far more than it delivered. I have no better idea about what causes suicide than I did before I read it and there was nothing in the article rather than anecdotal evidence to substantiate most of the claims made by you for it and the article itself.

Last edited:
The reason I said it is because it shows just how stupid the original propaganda that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun is. Case in point: Jerad Lee Laughner the shooter in the Massacre that felled but did not kill Gabby Giffords was wrestled to the ground by an unarmed woman and unarmed others.

Nice cherry-picking. Have there been any mass shooting that were stopped by private citizens??

Nice cherry-picking. Have there been any mass shooting that were stopped by private citizens??

Yes. Most recently the female administrator that talked down a school shooter and the cc permit holder who stopped the Clackamas Mall, OR shooter. There was a shooting in a mall in Tacoma that was also stopped by a cc permit holder.

No you said it because you are offensively stupid and as is typical with lefttards use incredibly stupid absurd strawman claims to defend your incredibly dense and failed ideology.

Moron.

Case in point: Jerad Lee Laughner the shooter in the Massacre that felled but did not kill Gabby Giffords was not stopped from obtaining a gun by current or proposed gun laws.

Dumbass.

He lived in Arizona a state that has some of the most lax gun laws in the nation. In fact the Brady Campaign gives Arizona a 0 score and ranks them 49th in lax gun laws with Utah where teachers carry guns in classrooms ranking 50th! So there were no gun laws and with no restrictions how could Laughner have been prevented from getting a gun?

http://www.bradycampaign.me/sites/default/files/2011_Brady_Campaign_State_Scorecard_Rankings.pdf

AZ does not require a permit to carry a gun and like any state, anyone not a felon or not in the mental health system (degree varies from st to st) can own a gun,. That is the most basic 2A right. So that is not about gun laws. He is a mentally ill person not in the system....fix that system.

Adam Lanza, the Newtown shooter, was stopped at the gun store (because the background check law worked) and still got guns for his rampage. Chicago makes it illegal for nearly anyone to own a gun, esp. a handgun...and it has some of the highest gun crime rates in the country. Hmmmmm, weird. Guns are illegal, no way should anyone have them there.

So not sure what the point is.

Back