The People (: or proles)

How are people, generally?

• The people are intelligent but mostly bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It comes from our intelligence not from nature, but yes from our genes.

Many animals in nature do not show any capacity for empathy.

Our nature effects the direction of our intelligence.

Many tribalistic animals do care for their weak, even if they aren't able to understand the reason they feel that way. And caring for your children is an almost universal sentiment.

See, more BS. People making shit up and attempting to con others into believing them. We feel remorse because we are conditioned to. There is no evidence for "moral genes." Since morality is good for keeping a society organized, its no small wonder that people invented moral codes.

It comes from our intelligence not from nature, but yes from our genes.

Many animals in nature do not show any capacity for empathy.

I know it's only one incident but it was captured on film, the hippo that fought the crocodile at the waterhole in Africa and tried to save a gazelle that had been attacked by the croc. The gazelle didn't make it but the hippo was nudging at it in a seeming effort to comfort it after it had driven off the crocodile.

I know, the next insult will be - anthropomorphic. :clink:

Our nature effects the direction of our intelligence.

Many tribalistic animals do care for their weak, even if they aren't able to understand the reason they feel that way. And caring for your children is an almost universal sentiment.

So how come so many tribes either killed their weakest kids or left them out to die? I think it's probably because they knew that to drag the weak kids along with them would make them more vulnerable, so they dispatched them or left them to die. Them genes, they be selfish bastards.

See, more BS. People making shit up and attempting to con others into believing them. We feel remorse because we are conditioned to. There is no evidence for "moral genes." Since morality is good for keeping a society organized, its no small wonder that people invented moral codes.

Then why are most moral codes universal?

You guys say that the ten commandments are the basis of everything in AMerica, but the first 5 are universal amongst all cultures, and the next 5 are unconstitutional. You're realigion is a delusion and a con and you've killed so many people it's ridiculous.

My stuff has scientific basis. Your stuff is clearly and obviously made up and you know that as well as I do.

Then why are most moral codes universal?

You guys say that the ten commandments are the basis of everything in AMerica, but the first 5 are universal amongst all cultures, and the next 5 are unconstitutional. You're realigion is a delusion and a con and you've killed so many people it's ridiculous.

My stuff has scientific basis. Your stuff is clearly and obviously made up and you know that as well as I do.

Universally, murder, theft and perjury make it difficult to maintain a society. Other aspects of the 10 Commandments can put strains on a society. Ours happens to have been built on those. BTW - atheism has killed more people, you evil bastard!

That doesn't make morality genetic. Morality is a delusion and a con, and teaching it to children is brainwashing and fascism.

Universally, murder, theft and perjury make it difficult to maintain a society. Other aspects of the 10 Commandments can put strains on a society. Ours happens to have been built on those. BTW - atheism has killed more people, you evil bastard!

That doesn't make morality genetic. Morality is a delusion and a con, and teaching it to children is brainwashing and fascism.

Teaching non-natural faux morality to children is brainwashing and fascism.

There is NO such thing as natural morality! You're making a faux distinction between two things that do not exist! ZOMG

No. There is. Natural morality is simply two individual forsaking agression and hostilities toward each to achieve greater success through cooperation. It is quite rational.

LMAO@asshat

No. There is. Natural morality is simply two individual forsaking agression and hostilities toward each to achieve greater success through cooperation. It is quite rational.

you really need to get outta the house more often..fantasy is okay for awhile....but real life is the ultimate test...get the drift?...probably not...oh well carry on 'Professional student'...............:cof1:

This is interesting:

WHICH of the following people would you say is the most admirable: Mother Teresa, Bill Gates or Norman Borlaug? For most, it's an easy question. Mother Teresa, famous for ministering to the poor in Calcutta, has been beatified by the Vatican, awarded the Nobel peace prize and ranked in a US poll as the most admired person of the 20th century. Bill Gates, infamous for giving us the Microsoft dancing paper clip, has been decapitated in effigy on "I Hate Gates" websites. As for Norman Borlaug … who the heck is Norman Borlaug?

Yet a deeper look might lead you to rethink your answers. Borlaug, father of the "Green Revolution" that used agricultural science to reduce world hunger, has been credited with saving a billion lives, more than anyone else in history. Gates, in deciding what to do with his fortune, determined that he could alleviate the most misery by fighting everyday scourges in the developing world such as malaria, diarrhoea and parasites. Mother Teresa extolled the virtue of suffering and ran her well-financed missions accordingly: sick patrons were offered plenty of prayer but harsh conditions, few analgesics and primitive medical care.

These examples show that our heads can be turned by an aura of sanctity, distracting us from a more objective reckoning of the actions that make people suffer or flourish. It seems we may all be vulnerable to moral illusions — the ethical equivalent of the bending lines that trick the eye on cereal boxes and in psychology textbooks.

More at the link - http://tinyurl.com/39ja6o

It's like in Training Day when Ethan Hawke saves that girl who's being raped, though denzel says it's a waste of time, and then it turns out her brother is in the gang who Denzel was gonna use to kill ethan hawke, and he lets ethan hawke go.

It's like in Training Day when Ethan Hawke saves that girl who's being raped, though denzel says it's a waste of time, and then it turns out her brother is in the gang who Denzel was gonna use to kill ethan hawke, and he lets ethan hawke go.

Ah that's an old plot device. Haven't seen that film and if it's full of cliches like that I'll leave it on the shelf at Blockbuster.

Back